Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Who is pumped for life day?

Malgus better drop a life day moddable social gear cap.
    Just sayin.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...ife-day-coming

Although... All I want for life day is space news.

Edit: NEVERMIND. THERE IS NO EVENT. CHRISTMAS IS CANCELLED IN STARWARS.

EA =
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-12-13 at 12:31 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I'm pumped for 10 minutes of wookies talking. They should make it unskippable cutscenes so we can re-live the joys of the Star Wars Christmas Special!

I can't wait....its going to be amazing

Deleted
    I'm looking forward to this, it would be nice if we could have got to go to Kashyyyk and celebrate in style

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    I'm looking forward to this, it would be nice if we could have got to go to Kashyyyk and celebrate in style
    Indeed that would be epic!

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    LOL @ "space news"

It's one of my favorite parts too.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

there is the problem with the latest Q&A:

Q: How often will new gear become available on the Cartel Market (CM)?

Hickman: Our intent is to update it weekly. Add one or two new things, changes some prices. There will be an update next week. There will be a big update before the holidays. Schubert: We have a new cartel pack with super rare items planned for each month for the next several months. Hickman: New Life Day items coming soon. Life Day robes, orbs, tinsel bomb, and the Czerka LD-1 Celebrator - something red, festive, and you can ride it. Schubert: We'll be adding new stuff regularly. We want to add archetypal armor, stuff that looks like a traditional Jedi Knight and the iconic classes.

Maybe its only me, but its read like the daily life items will only be in the CM

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    Maybe its only me, but its read like the daily life items will only be in the CM
    If they do then they kill their first holiday event.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    If they do then they kill their first holiday event.
    Would this really surprise you at this point? I don't want to insult the normal people who have extra money to spend on there, but for some reason people have shown them they will willfully throw away their money for nothing in this game. If they have the extra cash and the desire, I'm not knocking it, but it's not going to establish a very positive mentality fromt he company for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Would this really surprise you at this point? I don't want to insult the normal people who have extra money to spend on there, but for some reason people have shown them they will willfully throw away their money for nothing in this game. If they have the extra cash and the desire, I'm not knocking it, but it's not going to establish a very positive mentality fromt he company for the rest of us.
    True enough.

I just wonder if they will be like "oh wait. Its a christmas event... Maybe... We shouldn't be trying to trick people into gambling away their money on christmas."

Even WoW got the whole, gifts for players under the tree bit.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bros... You're forgetting that all the market shit is available on the GTN after a 1-3 day waiting period. Even if they only put holiday stuff on the market (which I think is a stretch) you'll still have a chance to grab some of it.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Bros... You're forgetting that all the market shit is available on the GTN after a 1-3 day waiting period. Even if they only put holiday stuff on the market (which I think is a stretch) you'll still have a chance to grab some of it.
    Heres the problem though.

Unlike the unlocks which are almost exclusively for f2p accounts the holiday stuff will be desired by subscribers as well. Since they can pay more than 350k the market will price it out of the reach of preferred accounts.

I don't exactly have a problem with it so much as it doesn't really seem very christmasy and thus falls short of my MMO holiday experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Heres the problem though.
    Also, this is probably classified as 'event equipment' which is why the added this as a restriction. So there are actually two pay walls for F2P to go through in order to benefit from these items. Normally it's just a byproduct of the market that it will be unaffordable for F2P, but like HK said that is completely against the spirit of holiday events in games.

I can understand the one unlock to be able to participate in holidays, but everything else should be available with time. Otherwise what is the point of the holiday? It's not so much a fun event as it is a capitalist fundraiser.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Or you could wait and see how it plays out. I know that's asking a lot around here...

Or you could wait and see how it plays out. I know that's asking a lot around here...
    I would normally agree with you, but I think it's understandable to assume the worst in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is stating this is how it will be. It was rhetorical conversation. That's pretty much what 95% of these forums are. We wouldn't really be talking about anything if it was just news. Then we'd be on a news site, instead of forums. This one happens to be both, but I digress.

Talking to eachother is fun. I'd rather get angry about something with you weirdos than talk to people in real life. I tend to hate real people. They are all sorts of stupid.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well I can't argue with that.

But your post almost seems to suggest that I should try.

The most ironic holiday in mmo history ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    The most ironic holiday in mmo history ever!
    I really like how it was originally thanksgiving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    there is the problem with the latest Q&A:

Q: How often will new gear become available on the Cartel Market (CM)?

Hickman: Our intent is to update it weekly. Add one or two new things, changes some prices. There will be an update next week. There will be a big update before the holidays. Schubert: We have a new cartel pack with super rare items planned for each month for the next several months. Hickman: New Life Day items coming soon. Life Day robes, orbs, tinsel bomb, and the Czerka LD-1 Celebrator - something red, festive, and you can ride it. Schubert: We'll be adding new stuff regularly. We want to add archetypal armor, stuff that looks like a traditional Jedi Knight and the iconic classes.

And the winner is.....drumroll......