Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Frankly most pathetic "holiday" event I ever experienced.... subscriber have to pay for holiday features... get lost.

in my opinion, this is probably the saddest failure the game had yet. exactly because its only a chistmas event.

Deleted
    I think this is a more telling forecast of doom than the other thread that is being super analysed and touted by some as the end of days for TOR.
    This was a perfect opportunity to do someting nice...even if it was pretty insignificant, just a nice little holiday celebration wrapped up in SW wrapping paper. But no all it ended up being was another advertisement for crap you can buy on the CM.

I need to stop thinking about things like this and stick to killing things with my lightsaber or I will become as cynical about the game as.....

I will continue killing stuff with my blaster/ lightsaber, however I still think it was a shitty move regarding subscribers.

There is no Life Day event. However if you would like to purchase Life Day items, you can do so from the Cartel Market.

It. Is. Not. An. Event.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    There is no Life Day event. However if you would like to purchase Life Day items, you can do so from the Cartel Market.

It. Is. Not. An. Event.
    Yes. But. It. So. Easily. Could. Have. Been.

Lots of MMO players like holiday events, even better a rl holiday event that is tied in with game lore. Would it have killed them to have the items you can currently buy with CCs available through a few silly missions that drag you to the far corners of the planets spanning the galaxy? It may have gone a little way to alleviating some of the doom and gloom, but no they have gone the other way and pissed off lots of the people who even vocally support the game.

And to be honest, I think that's what we're kind of bitter about. Nobody really be grduges cool themed items appearing on the cash shop.

But it seems like at the time there SHOULD be a Christmas themed world event...we get some themed cash shop toys. Interesting, but do they really expect anybody to be impressed? Very close to being a Dick move (Its not one, IMHO, as we were never promised an event and I believe "Life Day" comes from the xmas special, and thus can be safely ignored as a Star Wars Concept)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    I need to stop thinking about things like this and stick to killing things with my lightsaber or I will become as cynical about the game as.....
    Cynicism is delicious. You should try it with skim milk for breakfast.

It. Is. Not. An. Event.
    And that is a problem.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

It. Is. Not. An. Event.
    Its kind of sad, I mean I know they are busy with the 4 people EA let them keep. But you would think out of all holidays, this one they might have actually added some in game bits other than cartel market items.

Oh well, I suppose perm. content is better than seasonal content, not that I honestly believe they are spending the time making perm. content either, probably just a string of more cartel packs and a random battle ground or dungeon every other month.

It. Is. Not. An. Event.
    I beg to differ... or here

as I said before... I don't care if Bioware doesn't see it as an event... it has history and is.in.fact.an.event.
    Last edited by Psychlon; 2012-12-13 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    I beg to differ... or here

as I said before... I don't care if Bioware doesn't see it as an event... it has history and is.in.fact.an.event.
    It is not an event in SWTOR, which is what I was saying, and should have been obvious.
    Last edited by Morros; 2012-12-13 at 10:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I'm pumped for 10 minutes of wookies talking. They should make it unskippable cutscenes so we can re-live the joys of the Star Wars Christmas Special!
    Lol I was watching that again last weekend, it's painful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    Frankly most pathetic "holiday" event I ever experienced.... subscriber have to pay for holiday features... get lost.
    I feel bad for all the Star Wars fans playing the game still. They deserve much better than this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helistin View Post
    I feel bad for all the Star Wars fans playing the game still. They deserve much better than this.
    Don't get me wrong I haven't reached Kitty's level of cynicism, in that department he sets a very high bar

When I'm playing there are lots of aspects of the game I really enjoy and I suspect lots of other SW fans do as well. I know I am easily pleased and have a very casual attitude to the game - I play a lot but not progression focused, purely for the fun. Every time I do get a bit tired/bored/frustrated with the game there seems to be a little burst of soundtrack from the original films or my Wookie companion lets out one of the iconic Chewie growls and it just washes away.
    IMHO the game has its faults but they are eclipsed by the good points, however I am more worried by the management of the game and things like this where what was an ideal opportunity for a nice little holiday event has slipped by.
    I do worry that if this, and the selling of max level ship parts, are precursors for 100% focus on the cash shop and subsequently a P2W model it will test even my loyalty, and for the good of the game long term it is a dark path they don't want to start down...or forever will it dominate their destiny.

It is not an event in SWTOR, which is what I was saying, and should have been obvious.
    Currently you are the only one saying that it's not an event... frankly even in Cartel Market the wording is "buy XY for Life Day" like "buy xy for christmas" and it doesn't neglect it to be an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Helistin View Post
    There are other aspects making the game worth my while but I don't have to like everything.

You're still playing this????

I mean come on guys, can't you tell how badly they are hurting for money if they're pulling something like this off. Any new content they make will be stuff you have to pay for. Look at this, they put Revan's Robes in the Cartel market and it turns out it's the wrong robe, the art department just recolored some other robe. Look: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=570954 !!!!!

You pay for Revan's mask and look at this: http://bildr.no/view/1342071 LOOK AT THIS!!! They are actually charging money for this!!

These people take absolutely no pride in their work, they are doing as little work possible trying to gouge as much money as they can before EA pulls the plug. There's probably only one guy working on this game after all the layoffs and he probably doubles as the night janitor. If you're a true fan of Star Wars you should be against what EA is doing to the franchise. Don't support this garbage.
    And you could look deep into my eyes
    Like I was a super-model
    Uh-huh

You have to pay for new stuff on the Cartel Market?.... Don't tell!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreary View Post
    You're still playing this????

I mean come on guys, can't you tell how badly they are hurting for money if they're pulling something like this off. Any new content they make will be stuff you have to pay for. Look at this, they put Revan's Robes in the Cartel market and it turns out it's the wrong robe, the art department just recolored some other robe. Look: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=570954 !!!!!

You pay for Revan's mask and look at this: http://bildr.no/view/1342071 LOOK AT THIS!!! They are actually charging money for this!!

These people take absolutely no pride in their work, they are doing as little work possible trying to gouge as much money as they can before EA pulls the plug. There's probably only one guy working on this game after all the layoffs and he probably doubles as the night janitor. If you're a true fan of Star Wars you should be against what EA is doing to the franchise. Don't support this garbage.
    Sadly no one will look at your points.

Dislike any part of this game and you instantly become a pariah here.

Don't dare have a different opinion around here, you either get hated on or ignored.

Can't help fanboys, they will just close their ears and go "LALALALALA the game is perfect!" Just look at Psychlon...

There's really no need to pick on people.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-12-17 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Sadly no one will look at your points.

Dislike any part of this game and you instantly become a pariah here.

Don't dare have a different opinion around here, you either get hated on or ignored.

Can't help fanboys, they will just close their ears and go "LALALALALA the game is perfect!" Just look at Psychlon...
    You agreeing with anything negative no matter how flawed it might be makes you such a good person to "discuss" with...