Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Recent ''GC'' Discussion

Front page is the source lets begin and discuss! What are everyone's thoughts on this? I bolded GC

PvP
    I am getting 1 shotted by either a mage or warrior, when my life is at 180k (half).
    That's not the conventional definition of one-shotted. Many abilities hit for 100k. It's when you get to 400k that no counter.
    One shotted can also mean dying in one GCD, from full, or as near as as makes no difference. This DOES happen.
    No, that's actually the definition we use (one GCD) but from full health and only vs one opponent. (Source)

Based on some of these tweets, I'm thinking some of you won't be happy until the only spell left in PvP is autoattack.
    Nice hyperbole....I think most people will be content just not getting instantly globaled by TFB/Stampede type abilities.
    Those at least mentioned by several players. If you look at my tweets there are demands to nerf Lava Burst, HoJ, Hellfire(Source)

Thats akin to having a skill with 99.99% 1 damage and 0.01% 1M damage. Rare doesnt mean TfB is balanced or good design.
    It's possible to step into Arena and be crit by every single attack, but we don't balance around what's possible, just reasonable. (Source)

If gladiator players who you always mention think tfb is op then how can you not?...300k in arena should not be possible. done
    We don't let players, even expert ones, balance the game for us. We appreciate their feedback, as we do all feedback
    I respect you, Greg Street, but how obvious does it have to be? 1-shotting is not OK no matter how RNG it is. EoD.
    I actually agree with that, but nobody is 1-shotting you with TfB (or CB). 5-stack TfB crit does what 250K? 2 or 3 shot maybe.
    With everything up and tier 2 it can go over 300k; and heroic strikes not on the GCD so HS+MS = 1 shot
    Do you get MS for > 100K for a lot? If it requires every cooldown + MS + mastery proc + 5 TfB then we're in the realm of videos. (Source)

Did you try the approach of Rock paper scissor for PvP ? Or increase it if you consider it live already.
    I don't think RPS works for WoW Arena because you've already picked your comp. That does not mean strengths and weaknesses are bad.
    RPS on the talent system can work though. Having to figure out which talent set to pick to best defeat a comp is great
    I don't honestly think RPS is a great metaphor. Even in RTS, rock can beat paper in the right situations.
    (Source)
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-12-02 at 10:47 PM.

theyre complaining about warriors who were allowed to get 5 stacks of tfb? and mages who use hard hitting abilities during deep freeze?

Warriors can only get 3 stacks of TFB in pvp btw. wasn't in patch notes

it's cute that he thinks 5 stack TfB only does 250k when I've seen three 3 stack TfB's crit 210k+ since 5.1.

it's also cute that he defines 1shot as something in a 1v1 situation, when they are supposed to balance around 3v3. Thus meaning that if something could crit 200k it'd be a one shot as two classes could do it at the same time. (frost bomb, chaos bolt, chaos wave, 3stack HS)

"1 shot isnt ok, but 2-3 shot is" is basically what he's saying

Based on some of these tweets, I'm thinking some of you won't be happy until the only spell left in PvP is autoattack.

He's right.

'PVP people' moan way too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post

He's right.

And 'PVE people' never complain about anything!

Either way, RNG is RNG... just gotta learn to anticipate some of that incoming burst and not let warriors get TfB stacks up so high and get CDs out when mages/locks are going to town.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r3as0n View Post
    Warriors can only get 3 stacks of TFB in pvp btw. wasn't in patch notes
    really? I'm pretty sure I just got a 5 stack and hit a mob with heroic strike for 700k 10 minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post

He's right.

If by "PvP People" you mean World Wide Winners who don't even have 300 wins, 1550, or 100,000 HKs yet, then yes. They generally spend their time moaning about something they want to enjoy, but don't have the ability to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post

Either way, RNG is RNG... just gotta learn to anticipate some of that incoming burst and not let warriors get TfB stacks up so high and get CDs out when mages/locks are going to town.
    Well, most people who are actually good at the game usually spend more time playing the game than they do voicing their concerns.

Oh there goes what little respect I had left for his decision making process.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    really? I'm pretty sure I just got a 5 stack and hit a mob with heroic strike for 700k 10 minutes ago.
    Why were you hitting mobs in PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

If by "PvP People" you mean World Wide Winners who don't even have 300 wins, 1550, or 100,000 HKs yet, then yes. They generally spend their time moaning about something they want to enjoy, but don't have the ability to enjoy.

Well, most people who are actually good at the game usually spend more time playing the game than they do voicing their concerns.
    That mob also doesn't have 60%+ resilience, so that doesn't mean anything. And reread what r3as0n said. He said Warriors can't get 5 stacks of TFB in PVP. They can still get it outside of PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    I just love all you 'game design experts' in here. Let's see *your* credentials. How many million dollars a month is YOUR game making? Oh, nothing, you don't have any games? Hmm.
    lets see his credentials

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post

So ... let me get this straight . I have close to 60% pvp resilience and this mage in arena just plays cool and when i'm out of def cds he pops stun and hits for 65k (ffb) 50k 50k 50k all crit icelances . IS IT FAIR ? Biggest number as a ret vs mage i've hit is 85k on ungeared ppl . most ppl take 70k or so . and that's once per 4 seconds and with cds on . Not to mention that when a caster or a hunter starts hitting me hard i have to give up my damage for a sucky heal . AND now in 5.1 pvp power is not affecting healing done for Damage Specs . Which means I'M TOASTED vs any ranged with logical amount of cc .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

As soon as I saw that they thought one-shot meant to kill in one gcd regardless of health I felt pity for GC what with all the idiots he has to try and please on a daily basis.

I think he should make fun of the idiots more.

1. A person complains about being 1-shotted from half health to dead.... that isn´t 1-shot.

2. People who take theoritical, full proc, max possible damage that requires a ton of set-up and requires a ton of RNG.

3. People who think being focused down by 3 players while receiving no heals or help is somehow a problem with game mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is:
    You'll never never never never never get chaoswave nerfed. ♫

Honestly, I usually don't give 2 fucks about what he says, but this time I think he has a point.

I don't see anything wrong with GC's recent tweet responses.

People with a nerf agenda love to exaggerate or distort how much they are hit for. They post a screenshot they get hit by X class for some big damage, but don't mention under what kind of environment or what kind of buffs the enemy had. No they don't care. They just want this X class nerfed into oblivion.

Now, as GC said, he gets tweets asking for nerfs for all classes. If he listened to all them, everyone would get nerfed and you're still back to square one. So who should he listen to? Gladiators only? They only play one or two classes exclusively and lack perspective on other parts of the game in general like PVE. And one only needs to go look in ArenaJunkies forums and see how that there is nothing but trolling and complaining about shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egitel View Post
    He said Warriors can't get 5 stacks of TFB in PVP. They can still get it outside of PvP.
    I did.

I just didn't feel like editing my post to reflect it.

But no such change was documented in the Patch Notes for 5.1 or any Hotfixes. Have not done any arenas this week, so I can only assume that it works just fine since no one in open world pvp lives long enough to acquire 5 stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the TFB mechanic. I'd rather it shifted onto Sustained if I know what I'm talking about.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    I don't think RPS works for WoW Arena because you've already picked your comp.
    ZOMG! Ghostcrawler said my rogue/priest/shaman team isn't supposed to work for arenas!! (Actually I'm playing rogue/spriest/mistweaver this season - because why not play with the two 1% arena rep classses! but ya, played RPS primarily since s8 - so I totally mis-read that quote and was super confused and offended reading that).

On topic, the problem with TfB is two-fold: (1) the damage is high, even 0 or 1 stack HS's are like 80k crits, by 3 stacks they hit for like 200k, by 5 stacks they hit for like 400k crits, but thats only half the problem. (2) they are off the global cooldown, this means it's never just HS that a warrior hits you with - its HS+DS or HS+MS - that can still almost global someone (and against a warrior, falling below execute range means you die - so an almost global pretty much always means a 2 shot).

It seems like Ghostcrawler is pretending heroic strike is at least on the global cooldown. Beyond that, he's clearly talking about balancing warrior damage around 1v1 - but balancing arenas around 3v3 - which doesn't make any sense. You are never just getting hit by HS+MS or HS+DS, it's HS+MS + Frost Bomb + Shatter Combo (frost bomb has the similar effect that its burst lands on a different GCD than it is cast - so it is additive to the highest GCD burst the clas has outside of itself - in mages case Shatter Combo).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter