Deleted

genuine windows 7 telling me to get a genuine installation. lolwut?

When I go to start menu ->right-click computer and then select properties, then it says my windows version is activated, but the window on the right says in dutch: "vraag om legitieme microsoft software", which translates to "ask for genuine microsoft software". When I run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics tool, it tells me my windows version is genuine.

My father gets the same message, but he also gets a message on startup that his windows installation isn't genuine, while it is activated (although I haven't used the MGADiag tool yet on his PC). we both have officially bought windows 7 versions, bought on different dates, and both activated.

what could cause this?

The ask for genuine thing is just an anti piracy ad. Does it say Windows is activated in the properties and give that warning on startup still? What version of Windows does he have? Make sure the correct key is in the diagnostic report.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    The ask for genuine thing is just an anti piracy ad. Does it say Windows is activated in the properties and give that warning on startup still? What version of Windows does he have? Make sure the correct key is in the diagnostic report.
    I see. could it have to do with my office not being officially registered?

Swapped any hardware recently?

One thing you can try is scanning for any malware on the machines.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I see. could it have to do with my office not being officially registered?
    yup had the same problem you need to remove the office key temporary, authenticate the W7 key by phone.
    after that you should be able to reinstal office office without any issues.