Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never been a real fan of doing rep grinds and dailies in any of the WoW releases. Haven't touched them at all this expansion and I plan to keep it that way (aside from maybe the Cloud Serpent ones, I thought they were fun in beta).

Uhmmm... I was playing Ninja Gaiden way back and got stuck at a particular part where I had super low health, only several things to kill right before the boss (for a chance to get some health back) and the boss was severely difficult to avoid taking damage from. I ended up quitting the game because I refused to restart the whole adventure over again and could not defeat the boss with that amount of health.

Want to try a game of lucky hit?
    How about trying lucky hit?
    Would you like to play a game of lucky hit?
    XD

Although I did love that game with a passion.

Bioshock 2. All of those really annoying "set up a perimeter and defend the little sister" moments. First time you do it you think it's alright cause it's a bit different. By the 7th or 8th little sister you're thinking "Yeh ok I get it now can I please get on with my life". Not to mention a very dull and boring story.

FFXI. "Level down". Fuck. You.

And one rather madnening moment near the end of Heavy Rain. I was the woman in the killers flat with the bomb about to go off. I got to the kitchen, hid in a safe place (think it was inside the fridge?), the timer for the bomb goes off, the game bugs out and doesn't register the fact I'm hiding, follows with a cutscene of the woman running around like headless chicken before being killed in an explosion. No way to load back and try again. Perfect ending failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    The first couple hours of every Pokemon and most Zelda games. They just need an option to let me skip the tutorials. Do they think I forget how to throw a Poke Ball after every game?
    Sorry they have other (new) customers to make games for and don't cater to your special needs.
    You realize other people play those games too right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Sorry they have other (new) customers to make games for and don't cater to your special needs.
    You realize other people play those games too right?
    That's probably why he specifically stated "They just need an option to let me skip the tutorials".

10+ Year Old Account
    Kingdom Hearts 2 - I can't stand playing as Roxas, but the boss fight at the end of his arc almost makes up for it. Almost.

Persona 4 - I restarted a few times because I messed up doing a Max Social Link run through. I can't stand the beginning after doing it so many times.

OoT - Water Temple. Done. No more.

Beginnings of ME2/3 - I couldn't get into a class I was playing at the time so I restarted...several times.

GW2: repetitive and tedious questing, conditions, kiting and downed state. Cash shop economy.

FF12: Barren story and characters, all magic using the same resource as quickenings and espers crippling all mage builds.

All recent Ubisoft crap: online restrictions.

Diablo3: Cash economy and drop rates tuned to milk that even further.

Skyrim: I love the game, but I can't for the life of me make a good looking male Breton or High Elf. No way to hide helmets.

Deleted
    Platforming in FPS Games. What the hell were they thinking with the Xen levels in HL1? It was such a great game (and i still have fond memories of it), but ugh... these levels. No way I'm playing through these again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadilac View Post
    OoT - Water Temple. Done. No more.
    The Water Temple sucks sure, but I never found it to be so bad that it kept me from playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    FFX's little starting routine would put me off nowadays, but only because I did it about ninety times way back when. Same deal with most of my overplayed RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Any MMO tutorial. Like ugh, please just let me skip through the damn things after I do them once.
    This too, unless things like basic class mechanics (at level 1?) are startlingly different.

And even then, just piss off and let me discover so myself. x.x
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-12-03 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    for MMO's in general, it's the other people who play.
    The irony of this statement is mind blowing. It's also a telling condemnation of the genre since originally one of the most compelling reasons to keep playing an MMO was the other people you were playing with. If it wasn't for friends and guildies I wouldn't have played WoW for 7 to 8 years.

Back on topic though, I'd say that a part of a game that never makes me want to play it again would be WoW's toggle hardmodes/retread model of raiding. It completely destroyed the journey aspect of the game. The biggest reward for defeating a boss in the old model was moving on to new content and a new boss, now that has been crushed as defeating a boss now lets you fight the same boss again with bigger numbers (and if you're lucky a new mechanic). Destroyed the game for me and if it hadn't been for the people I'd come to know, I would have quit back in ToC/ICC instead of lasting into DS.

For single player games - the third or fourth level of Wizardry IV: Return of Werdna. The stupid adventuring parties just outpowered my monsters and I couldn't get a good combo of monsters and spells to find a way out. One of the few Wizardry games I didn't finish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    FFX's little starting routine would put me off nowadays, but only because I did it about ninety times way back when. Same deal with most of my overplayed RPGs.
    Yeah, FFX is annoying until you get to Besaid.

Grandia 2's beginning is a pretty big put-off as well. You're stuck with one character, which is more a bad thing in this game than anywhere else. Then, when you get Elena, she's weak as hell and doesn't do much for you. It's pretty annoying until you get your fourth character.

Deleted
    WoW dailies. Fucking filler.

Fucking car dancing contest in GTA: SA. Fucking stupidly designed.

Santa's Lair in Killing Floor. Fucking dull.

fuck fuckely fuck fuck fuck

Deleted
    Talking about WoW:
    -dailies
    -reputation farming
    -cross-realms(because I don't know anyone and they don't know me, even if I work very hard..so why bother).

Cataclysm

That scene in diablo 3 where the guardian is like HI NEFULUMZ

MGS2 Naked raiden time

The first time I saw a train of bots in gw2

Fall out 3 playing before they patched the ps2 version

diablo 2 hell mode against lightning NPCs
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Daily quests in MoP. There, I said it.

Metroid Fusion - Spider Boss -> SA-X -> Flying Hornet Bullshit enemies. You have to survive that before you can get to the next save station, which doesn't recharge energy anyways. The Spider Boss is pretty nasty, SA-X is a bitch, but the hornets, just fuck 'em.

The first or so hour in every 3D Legend of Zelda game. Tutorials, boring shit like finding your sword and shield. Just fuck it, can't motivate myself to play any of them because of this.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-12-03 at 08:56 PM.

Any Zelda:

Water Temple

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Metroid Prime 1, Magmoor Caverns. I just hate it with a passion =(

Too many spots in Diablo 3 to mention but specifically:
    "SO YOU APPROACH THE OCULUS WITH THE INTENT TO DESTROY IT. YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED!" and "Leah, Cain always suspected..."

That game sucks so f'cking much it makes my head hurt knowing I looked forward to it for 7 years.

Ocarina of Time:
    Water Temple

WoW:
    LFR (I like the dailies...but LFR destroys souls).

Starcraft 2:
    My computer.

Deleted
    Arc 3 in Diablo 3. I completed it on normal and nightmare, but when I got there on Hell difficulty I couldn't take it anymore, havn't touched the game ever since.

3rd stage in Ninja Gaiden 2 on Xbox. 1st stage and 2nd stage (except the second boss, f*** him) are easy enough, but holy hell the 3rd stage is hard, those big mutated bat things makes me want to kill myself!

And last, but not least, everything in Amnesia, I don't ever want to play that hellish nightmare of a game again... Even though I will still buy the sequel.