Thread: new SSD

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

new SSD

looking to upgrade my pc hdd for a ssd cant decide from ethier Samsung 128GB 830 or Corsair 240GB Force 3 SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you need the extra space? If so go for the 240... if not go for the smaller one

If you need the larger space, i'd probs be inclined to go for 2 of the Samsungs.

That's just my OPINION.

I am sure the computer buffs will give you detailed explanation into each one, identifying tiny details going to the far end of a fart.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    Do you need the extra space? If so go for the 240... if not go for the smaller one

If you need the larger space, i'd probs be inclined to go for 2 of the Samsungs.

That's just my OPINION.

I am sure the computer buffs will give you detailed explanation into each one, identifying tiny details going to the far end of a fart.
    well atm im using a 2TB internal HDD, with an additional 2 external hard drives 1x 750GB & 1x 2TB so im not in any need for extra space. after looking at them more closely i am leaning towards the samsung 830.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do what a lot of people do: Get a smaller drive (128GB is pretty common) and throw a few games on there as well as your OS. Use your regular HDD for storage and set it up in the registry to be the default install drive.

I'm currently using a 128GB M4 and a 500GB standard HDD and it's working great for me, aside from a few programs that insist to be installed on the root drive else they'd refuse to function (VisualStudio and even my browsers... I'm looking at you).

Deleted
    128GB is perfectly fine for your OS, programs + a few bigger games, use HDD for storage (movies, music, pics etc.), Samsung 830 is a very solid drive.

Deleted
    corsair one is faster on the write parts. (might be a factor if you like to move files from/to the ssd)
    also what is the price difference with both? (corsair one is also reliable but no need to get a smaller drive with lesser speed when prices are very close)

Deleted
    Unless you benchmark there will no noticeable performance difference. Samsung 830, everything is made in-house and proven reliability. If you can afford 256GB go for it, it's less micromanaging but 128GB will work perfectly fine.