In the market for a new gaming comp. Need Suggestions/Input! (1st time)

Hey all, thanks for taking the time to help me make a good decision.

Upgrade or New Computer: New

Upgrade on what (you hope):

Willing to Self Build or a Pre-Built: Pre-Built. I don't trust myself enough to build my own.

How much you want to spend:

How much you can spend: ~1200$ Willing to go as high as 1400$ if upgrades are worth it for my purposes.

What all you plan to use it for: Gaming. I really only play WoW. Yes, I know what I'm going for is overkill, but that my goal. My top priority is 'future-proofing as much as possible. I would like to be able to play anything that catches my eye in the future. Like 'Titan.'

What Operating system you want to use & Bit: W7 Home Prem or Prof. (not sure?) 64 bit

What Resolution you hope to be in: 1920X1200 or w/e it is

What Settings do you Want & how much FPS: I don't want to lag...ever. I want to be able to have 80 people going apeshit and not lag

What Country are you from: US

What can you re-use: Starting from scratch

Network will be wired or wireless: Preferably both just in case.

Considering I'm going for future upgrade-ability, I was wondering if the Z77 or X79 chipset would be more beneficial?

Any input is greatly appreciated. I plan to put an order in at the end of the week.

Here are 3 systems I'm thinking about.
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/G...nity_8800_Pro/
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Mega_Special_IV/
    http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Gamer_Paladin_E810

All 3 would likely get some tweeks, like OCing the CPU etc. Any modification suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I would prefer to go Intel/Nvidia since that's what I'm most familiar with.

Thanks!!

Deleted
    I would go with this system (your first link 8800_pro) modified for better performance and better quality components.

Cyberpower suggestion with changes

Total: $1354 (+ extras you may choose)

i5-3570k
    120GB SSD
    1TB HDD
    Z77 motherboard
    Corsair PSU
    Corsair 400R case

Note that you will need to select any OC, engravings etc. on your own, don't pay a lot for anything you can easily do yourself.

PSU - Changed the PSU, never go with a no name brand.

CPU - Changed to save you money, there is little to no difference for gaming between the two.

Case - Less "bling" but a solid quality case all around.

SSD+HDD - Included an SSD, will speed up loading times, system will feel faster and smoother (definitely worth it).

RAM - XMS isn't really their performance line, changed to some decent G.SKILL

Few other small changes. If you wanna spend more on this system you could change the GPU to a GTX 660ti (+$44)
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2012-12-03 at 04:47 PM.

Just a couple of things:

• For $1200, you're not gonna get a prebuilt PC that will handle "80 people going apeshit and not lag" at Ultra, you're talking about a prebuilt twice that price to handle that sort of thing. A $1200 prebuilt will handle normal tasks like 25 man raids well enough, but you will see FPS drops occasionally.
    • You don't need an X79 build, they're no more futureproof than Z77 builds, and are not any better for gaming atm.
    • You didn't include an SSD, I would definitely recommend one.
    • There's really no reason to choose one brand of CPU/GPU over the other because you're "more familiar" with them, but Intel/NVIDIA happens to be the better choice for WoW atm so that is the direction I would suggest.

I looked through your builds, and they were alright, but I tweaked one a little: http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Gamer..._E810/w/146966

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 04:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Just a couple of things:

• For $1200, you're not gonna get a prebuilt PC that will handle "80 people going apeshit and not lag" at Ultra, you're talking about a prebuilt twice that price to handle that sort of thing. A $1200 prebuilt will handle normal tasks like 25 man raids well enough, but you will see FPS drops occasionally.
    • You don't need an X79 build, they're no more futureproof than Z77 builds, and are not any better for gaming atm.
    • You didn't include an SSD, I would definitely recommend one.
    • There's really no reason to choose one brand of CPU/GPU over the other because you're "more familiar" with them, but Intel/NVIDIA happens to be the better choice for WoW atm so that is the direction I would suggest.

I looked through your builds, and they were alright, but I tweaked one a little: http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Gamer..._E810/w/146966
    I understand that I may not be able to get everything I want for the money I have, but as I said, I would be willing to go as high as $1500. If I had to, I would be willing to go SLI in the future. I just don't want to mess with the CPU/Mobo once they're in there so I would be willing to spend a bit extra in that area if it wouls dave me the trouble down the road.
    Last edited by Maki; 2012-12-03 at 04:03 PM.

The build I listed is $1367, there's no viable upgrade that would make it any better but keep it under $1500. The CPU in the build I listed is considered to be the best gaming CPU on the market, so you can't do any better there. You could potentially upgrade to a better GPU, but it probably wouldn't be worth the money.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-12-03 at 04:19 PM.

Editing error is all. This site acts screwy when I try to edit posts.

Thanks for the input Note, I may try your build with some added 'bling.'

Ugh... What kind of "bling"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maki View Post

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 04:05 PM ----------

I understand that I may not be able to get everything I want for the money I have, but as I said, I would be willing to go as high as $1500. If I had to, I would be willing to go SLI in the future. I just don't want to mess with the CPU/Mobo once they're in there so I would be willing to spend a bit extra in that area if it wouls dave me the trouble down the road.
    Both of our build suggestions are perfectly fine, with some minor differences. You really have nothing to worry about with considering the budget, that's not to say you shouldn't ask questions

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 05:46 PM ----------

Things to note between the two build suggestions.

Noteworthy:

Better GPU
    Worse PSU (read; not crappy though)
    No SLI support (you mentioned possible SLI)
    HDD is probably fine but I can't tell which brand it is.
    SSD is fine though I'd give +1 to the Vertex4
    Blu-Ray drive, if you don't need this you can save $34

Notarget:

Better cooling (not a huge deal though)
    Worse GPU (but not bad by any means)
    Better PSU
    SLI support
    WD HDD

Ugh... What kind of "bling"?
    Nicer Case, Sound reduction, better GPU, and maybe just bump up a few components. (?) What do ya think? I just want to be completely satisfied and don't want to do this again for a very long time lol.

Eh, cases are in the eye of the beholder I guess, but iBuyPower's selection isn't great. I chose the Corsair C70 because it is a nice case with good features. The only other ones from their list that I would recommend are the other Corsair midtowers. Some people are attracted to "futuristic" looking cases with unnecessary curves and annoying lights (and if that's what you're looking for, go for it), but I like plain cases with good functionality.

There aren't really any components other than the GPU that you can bump up (and maybe a larger SSD/HDD), the CPU is more than enough for gaming, an i7 would be a waste. The motherboard is just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nicer Case, Sound reduction, better GPU, and maybe just bump up a few components. (?) What do ya think? I just want to be completely satisfied and don't want to do this again for a very long time lol.
    Well, what do YOU think of when you think of a case?

Plain, simple and non offensive like Notes?

Futuristic, angles, fuck load of stupid coloured lights everywhere, 8,000,000 loud crap fans, which will light up like a christmas tree?

Sleek with a subtle light?

Window or no widow?

Matching colours to match your components? (if you have a window)

Make it personal to you pal. Check out decals on ebay or something, or simply have a plain black case that you won't even notice. Make it your own.

Ya, I tend to go back and forth about cases. I'm not looking for anything gaudy, and do appreciate a minimalistic design.

Would the 'Extra Case Fans Option" be worth it? It's only 9/29$. Or a waste of money?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya, I tend to go back and forth about cases. I'm not looking for anything gaudy, and do appreciate a minimalistic design.

Would the 'Extra Case Fans Option" be worth it? It's only 9/29$. Or a waste of money?
    Depends what they are... if they are cheap shite and noisy, you'll want to smash them before the day is out. But if they are good quality and moving air to the right place... and a style fitting your case... then why not.

Deleted
    I can't speak for all the cases in the list but I can tell you with the Corsair 400R there is no need to add any extra fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, cases are in the eye of the beholder I guess, but iBuyPower's selection isn't great. I chose the Corsair C70 because it is a nice case with good features. .
    Very true... my personal opinion is the C70 is fugly. The daft hook things on the top, the military styling (a peev of mine), and the fan mounts on the window look cheap.

You might be tempted by NZXT, while they look nice, my mate has one, and the stock fans are utter shite! the rubber grommets are LOW quality, the mechanism that keeps the front door closed fell out after a week or so, and it feels very flimsy, he has a phantom 410.

The Corsair Obsidian and Graphite 600T (my fav) are both stunning cases. The CM HAF will no doubt be the most sterotypical and popular... which is no doubt for a reason. I personally have a CM Storm Enforcer, great build quality, unique stlying, non offensive window.

Thanks a ton guys. I think I've got everything I need.

Oh, just for shit's and giggles, I'm upgrading from;

Intel Core 2 quad Q6600@2.4ghz
    6gb Ram
    EVGA GTX 460