10+ Year Old Account

How do you play your paladin?

First of all, this expansion is the first time I've seriously played a paladin. I am loving it, switched from Resto/Enh Shaman (which I hit 90 first) to Prot/Ret Paladin.

I love the sensation of being able to tank 20-30 mobs and live through it while doing dailies. Or if I feel like getting a little personal, switch to retribution and kill stuff one by one. There is one aspect I like the most about my paladin, in the final tier of talents. Of the three, I picked Holy Prism. It felt like a more situational ability. With the self healing you have as a prot pally, it seemed fitting. I can use it on the target and heal me plus other melee, or use it on myself and put out more aoe damage.

How is everyone's play experience so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, the 20-30 mobs is a huge exaggeration, but secondly I stopped playing my paladin this time around. Just felt like it was so dull. Tanking was alright but I miss the huge damage from Shield of Righteousness. Tanking and healing as a Paladin just isn't fun anymore after doing it on my Monk. I wish things could go back to how they were in WOTLK but I'm not so naive as to believe that that could ever happen.

I first leveled my Cata main(enh shammy) and a prot/arms warrior, but then out of curiousity logged on to my good ol' Wotlk pally tank and messed a bit around with him, and now its the only char I play. The class is amazing, I really like the flow when im either tanking or DPS'ing. I just have to accept that my char is a bringer of light and a glamboy, but thats fine with me as long as Im having such a blast playing

I just finished leveling mine and working on a Holy PvP set. It's alright, nothing nearly as fun back when he was my main from Naxx25 to BWL/BOT. He's primarily my PvPer for a 3s team with friends. Hpal Arms War Frost DK. Nomnom plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    First off, the 20-30 mobs is a huge exaggeration
    Do you even seal of light? Well, finding 30 mobs to pull at once might be troublesome but tanking them sure isn't.

I love tanking on my paladin and if it weren't for a few select bosses (Zor'Lok, Garalon, Spirit Kings) I would never specc ret. I also have a druid and DK at max lvl but tanking on them is not even close to how fun it is on my paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Shippai View Post
    Do you even seal of light? Well, finding 30 mobs to pull at once might be troublesome but tanking them sure isn't.

I love tanking on my paladin and if it weren't for a few select bosses (Zor'Lok, Garalon, Spirit Kings) I would never specc ret. I also have a druid and DK at max lvl but tanking on them is not even close to how fun it is on my paladin.
    You can hardly find 20 mobs to aoe without half of them deagroing. Well useless u round up the 100 adds for the shado bombing daily. I do that... sucks when they fear though :S

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, the 20-30 mobs is a huge exaggeration, but secondly I stopped playing my paladin this time around. Just felt like it was so dull. Tanking was alright but I miss the huge damage from Shield of Righteousness. Tanking and healing as a Paladin just isn't fun anymore after doing it on my Monk. I wish things could go back to how they were in WOTLK but I'm not so naive as to believe that that could ever happen.
    Healing on a paladin in Wrath consisted of Beacon and holy light (and of course judgement). I'd rather not go back to that.

Deleted
    With my keyboard and mouse.

How do I play my paladin?

Well, I think I play pretty well.

Then I come on here and read all these epeen posts of folks at 100k dps and then I look at my 50 to 70k and realize, poorly.

Very poorly.

Then I cry.

Thanks for making me depressed.

Jerk!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    How do I play my paladin?

Well, I think I play pretty well.

Then I come on here and read all these epeen posts of folks at 100k dps and then I look at my 50 to 70k and realize, poorly.

Very poorly.

Then I cry.

Thanks for making me depressed.

Jerk!
    Get CLCRet and as your gear improves with time, you'll be fine. Just do some minor research into proper cooldown usage, as the bulk of our DPS comes from that burst, and if you do it incorrectly, you'll flatline on the meters.

You just need more Vengeance. Largest SotR crit I've seen so far is 215K this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Camaris View Post
    You just need more Vengeance. Largest SotR crit I've seen so far is 215K this expansion.
    980k ShotR crit on Elegon phase3 (complete with a 300k Battle healer glyph heal).

I usually take MeJarak and over half of his adds and make the healers go AFK.

Prot w/ vengeance + SoI + BH = 200-300k dps and 110k hps while adds are on on Wind Lord. Stone guard is roughly the same story.

That said, I spend a fair amount of time as ret as well. Gotta love that gear overlap

10+ Year Old Account
    Like a healer/dps/tank on fights that give me crazy vengeance+multiple targets. I get a little mean to my healers when I beat them on stone guard(broken mechanic ftw). Can hardly wait for when we start on wind lord, is gonna be so fun. Fun thing to do on garalon trash is grab the entire room(safer to do in lfr than 10man) and watch as your vengeance climbs 300k+, watching avenger's shield do a total of 1.5 mil dmg with only 1 cast is fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.