quest chain for xmog gear dedicated to each class

why not? 10char

Care to elaborate?
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

Sure why not. Make it challenging and epic-feeling, must be completed while solo, completely unique for each class, requires traveling around Azeroth etc.

Deleted
    why not? cause you got challanger mode for that... and i bet everyone loves less content for some stupid xmorph gear quests...

anything that brings back class specific quests is OK in my book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    why not? cause you got challanger mode for that... and i bet everyone loves less content for some stupid xmorph gear quests...
    You're one of them, to believe something like this would cut content. I'm sure transmog was the reason DS was the last thing to come out of Cata. No. They will put out content as they see fit, this wouldnt change anything, no matter what they say.

I don't think you know what content is.

It wouldn't necessarily have to take a lot of time to make. Could be as simple as having to solo a few Vanilla/BC dungeons and raids. Just tack on a breadcrumb that takes you to the Caverns of Time to settle any timeline discrepancies. Although I'd like it to be more involved than that.

I think it would be a great way to acquire the preview armor sets on the character select screen (I realize these are extremely similar to some sets already in game, but these are, at the very least, higher-resolution versions of older armor sets)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    You're one of them, to believe something like this would cut content. I'm sure transmog was the reason DS was the last thing to come out of Cata. No. They will put out content as they see fit, this wouldnt change anything, no matter what they say.
    Blizzard keeps a rather small development team and puts people on different projects at the same time. When one new thing is added, manhours are removed from other aspects of development. That's just how it is.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    All i want is them to upgrade texture quality for some of the old classic random drop items, make matching shoulders etc. for them and put them in classic/tbc faction quartermasters.

Problem with xmog chain quest would be again personal tastes. Ie. i don't find any challenge mode sets good looking. (hurr why do them then etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    All i want is them to upgrade texture quality for some of the old classic random drop items, make matching shoulders etc. for them and put them in classic/tbc faction quartermasters.

Problem with xmog chain quest would be again personal tastes. Ie. i don't find any challenge mode sets good looking. (hurr why do them then etc.)
    For the challenge? I find it odd that more players on my server don't run challenge modes for this reason.

That being said you bring up a good point about aesthetics. Maybe offer a selection from out of 3 unique mog sets per class? That might be more work than developers would be willing to put into a quest chain though.

In any case I still think it's not a bad idea if the quest chains are truly epic, we need more epic quest chains in the game. The last truly epic feeling questline I remember was the battered hilt questline and the hunter bow/class mount questlines, battered hilt being from two expansions ago and the hunter/class mount quests being from vanilla.

"Xmog" gear is vanity. WoW has too much vanity stuff already.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    For the challenge? I find it odd that more players on my server don't run challenge modes for this reason.
    I'd wager that it's because the other main source of a group challenge (raiding) gives loot with value beyond aesthetics. Finding a group of people who want to run a very hard instance for potentially hours before you get it right with the reward being vanity gear is a bit hard. Particularly with the somewhat strict requirements on what classes are actually viable (no MW healers, that's for damn sure) and how many of the CM gear sets are generally considered to be... unappealing visually outside of the interactive shoulders (and some helms).

That being said you bring up a good point about aesthetics. Maybe offer a selection from out of 3 unique mog sets per class? That might be more work than developers would be willing to put into a quest chain though.
    If my Shaman had more options that "walking totem shelf" and my Monk didn't have to look like a used camel salesman/sultan, I'd probably be all over that. Individual challenges are a lot more appealing than pugging a small group for them.

In any case I still think it's not a bad idea if the quest chains are truly epic, we need more epic quest chains in the game. The last truly epic feeling questline I remember was the battered hilt questline and the hunter bow/class mount questlines, battered hilt being from two expansions ago and the hunter/class mount quests being from vanilla.
    I honestly think that's what they were going for with Wrathion, but they put him out in a PVP zone and gave him non-phased diatribes where you're very aware other people are standing there (and if you're on a PVP server that you could be ganked while watching it) and they ultimately lead to you spending another month or two getting the stuff together for him to talk a bit again and give you an upgrade item. Doesn't feel very personal or "legendary" compared to say the Tarecgosa's Rest scene that filled Stormwind/Orgrimmar(?) every time someone completed it. I doubt it'll end with one of those either.

One of my favorite things about the Monk class was how your progress was noted by your chronic visits to Kun-Lai Summit from level 20 onward. They taught you your class, how to be good at the game in general, and made it feel like you were being singled out as a growing student. (There's something similar coming for all classes soon but without as much of the "As a (class) you are destined for (this kind of behavior/destiny)" going on.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-15 at 09:30 AM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    You honestly expect a real discussion if you can not even be bothered yourself to write an opening post of more than 6 characters?
    /sigh /spit /rolleyes