VP and CP Cap Carry Over

I recently watched the Ghostcrawler's interview and one of the points he brought up was that PvP is unfriendly to people with alts who get too far behind if they switch. This made me think, and I'm sure someone's thought of this before, that why doesn't GC allow Valor points and Conquest points to carry over each week.
    So say you're playing a main but have other characters who you haven't been playing. Then your class gets a nerf or for whatever the reason may be you decide to switch characters for the remainder of the season or simply want to play an alt that week. When you switch over you are able to gain all the conquest points that you missed from the previous weeks. This would keep the time investment yet allow an easier transition into PvP without feeling too far behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    The better solution to it all is to stop the switching to FoTM/OP classes to even survive to play in the first place.

As long as Blizzard keeps linking PvE and PvP stats both play styles will suffer. Mothballing your favorite toon to be viable is no fun to any gamer.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

OR...just add a conquest system that follows the current Valor system, once you cap on a main, you are given bonus towards gains on all alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    The better solution to it all is to stop the switching to FoTM/OP classes to even survive to play in the first place.

As long as Blizzard keeps linking PvE and PvP stats both play styles will suffer. Mothballing your favorite toon to be viable is no fun to any gamer.
    Though not everyone that changes PvP toons do it for FoTM. Some just like a change of playstyle now and then.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Decimation2g View Post
    OR...just add a conquest system that follows the current Valor system, once you cap on a main, you are given bonus towards gains on all alts.
    This isn't the problem and that wouldn't solve anything at all. It's extremely fast to cap conquest, arena queues are instant and most 2v2 games at point capping MMR last only a few minutes if you play double dps and there are plenty of people with horrible horrible gear trying to get an easy conquest piece so you can win even if you got crappy gear.

The problem is that if you come to PvP later in the season it's impossible to catch up with the people who started earlier. In PvE, someone who comes back to the game now (or levels an alt) will catch up in gear extremely fast as he can start running dungeons where most people no longer need the gear, then he can join a raiding guild that needs his spec badly and since any guild has a ton of bosses on farm now there will be tons of loot no one needs... in PvE you gear up faster if you come in late, you won't catch up entirely but you'll get tons of stuff no one else needs and get a "catch up bonus" from that.

In PvP it's the opposite, since people who started earlier will have extended conquest caps it means that anyone joining in late will be gearing up slower and even if you play your full cap every week you're still falling further behind in gear each week. To add to that, by now T1 PvP weapon is the basic requirement for any pug so unless you're a serious PvPer in a PvP guild and a PvPer contact list you're not going to be getting anywhere near a decent pug in a long time. So, basically, if you come back to the game and level up to 90 now all you can really do in PvP for the next month is the 30 minutes it takes to cap arena and the one weekly rbg cap group until 4 weeks later you finally reach the point where you can actually buy the weapon. Fun, isn't it?

There needs to be some sort of a "catch up bonus" for PvP as well as right now it's just impossibly painful for anyone starting late in the season. And it's not just alts or fresh 90s, it's also people like me who started out PvEing and didn't have time for PvP, I didn't realize I'd be this badly gimped by not doing the brief moment of conquest capping for the start of the expansion.

Deleted
    Ive caught up many times, I dont pvp at the start of the expac, normally near the end when im bored of raids. Farming Honor or converting unwanted VP tends to get me at least arena ready in a week. I would like to see say 500 cp cap rolled on to the next week if you havent capped the week before, some of us go holiday!