Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyart View Post
    Snip
    You do not have spells that regenerate Mana in Arcane that deal damage. All spells cost Mana (even Scorch) it is just your Mana Regen is pushed to ridiculous levels with RoP (higher than spirit stacking healers if you push haste build) that you gain mana when you are not casting, I do understand your view point, I just disagree with it. The spec is fine, but Mastery throws it off balance due to requiring high upkeep. I think the Mastery would be better if it were something that increased the damage per charge such as:

Mastery: Arcane Power - Each one of your Arcane Charges are increased by a further x% in damage based on your mastery.

Something like that, however Blizzard already designed the spec around Mana management so meh. I digress though, this thread is about Fire and not Arcane (though maybe someday I can throw around ideas for that, eh?).
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    You do not have spells that regenerate Mana in Arcane that deal damage. All spells cost Mana (even Scorch) it is just your Mana Regen is pushed to ridiculous levels with RoP (higher than spirit stacking healers if you push haste build) that you gain mana when you are not casting, I do understand your view point, I just disagree with it. The spec is fine, but Mastery throws it off balance due to requiring high upkeep. I think the Mastery would be better if it were something that increased the damage per charge such as:

Mastery: Arcane Power - Each one of your Arcane Charges are increased by a further x% in damage based on your mastery.

Something like that, however Blizzard already designed the spec around Mana management so meh. I digress though, this thread is about Fire and not Arcane (though maybe someday I can throw around ideas for that, eh?).
    That's the thing though. There is no management involved for Arcane; it's a principle of keeping it as high as possible if you use a Mastery build, which in the patch will become relatively worthless compared to an Invocation-haste build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I support this. Lets hope Blizzard takes note of this thread for 6.0+

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well thanks for the bump. My idea is still righteously in my head if you guys still want to discuss it. I did put it on the Damage Dealing forums waaaaay back but nobody cared at all about it and it just sunk to the depths of hell so /shrug

Oh well thanks for the bump. My idea is still righteously in my head if you guys still want to discuss it. I did put it on the Damage Dealing forums waaaaay back but nobody cared at all about it and it just sunk to the depths of hell so /shrug
    I'd say after being nerfed in 2 out of 3 patches, and now probably 3 out of 4, Fire begs for a design. This would be nice to at least experiment with.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I'd say after being nerfed in 2 out of 3 patches, and now probably 3 out of 4, Fire begs for a design. This would be nice to at least experiment with.
    Yeah. There is no way they can be happy with their Mage design when this entire expansion has been a back and forth shit fest.

Great idea. Removes the RNG factor, its interesting, its something nice to manage and what can I say , there's a nice ring to it.
    Let me give an idea for a new spell for this mechanic then:

"spell name": 12-15 sec cd channeling for 5 sec, each sec dealing X damage and generating X heat, procs Pyroblasts when ticks crit that you can shoot through the channeling(maybe with less damage for balance sake but you get the idea) (like monk healers).Visual:fire beam or something.It would work as something to wake you up from fireball/scorch spamming.

Anyway I really hope this idea with Heat works out, its really somethething refreshing and unique.

Yeah. There is no way they can be happy with their Mage design when this entire expansion has been a back and forth shit fest.
    I mean, GC says he's happy with Pures (and he means the other 3, not just Warlocks), but I mean... are Pures (non-Warlocks) happy with Pures?

If you took a poll among all the raiding Pures, chances are the majority will be extremely displeased after Warlocks got such a nice treatment and all 3 the others feel like crap.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I mean, GC says he's happy with Pures (and he means the other 3, not just Warlocks), but I mean... are Pures (non-Warlocks) happy with Pures?

If you took a poll among all the raiding Pures, chances are the majority will be extremely displeased after Warlocks got such a nice treatment and all 3 the others feel like crap.
    Of the pures hunters would likely get a redesign before mages or rogues, it isn't actually about class mechanics, it's about representation, and as it stands mages and rogues are quite highly represented in all types of raiding guilds.

Warlocks were under represented last xpac, so they got treated.

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    Warlocks were under represented last xpac, so they got treated.
    I don't feel that's a valid reason to give revamps though. If a class is designed well and is competitive in their role(s), then people will play them. If not, then they won't.

Mages as of now are probably THE clunkiest and outdated class to play, and you can really feel it. Arcane is an immobile turret that would have been fine to play back in Vanilla/BC when there weren't many mechanics, but now we have bosses with 10-20 mechanics each with plenty of things to move from/move out of/move to which makes Arcane feel very blech to play to many. Fire is horribly broken on both sides of the spectrum because of its insane scaling that can make it easily be the best out of anyone, but at the same time, is purely based on RNG, not skill, making it the worst AND best simultaneously. Frost is the only spec that has a good balance of everything, but it suffers from poor scaling that makes it not competitive, so only people who are doing Normals plays it.

So out of the people who play Mage for raiding, most of them are definitely playing it because Fire is just so broken (in a good way) for DPS, as is Arcane on standstill fights, or just out of experience/repetition (such as myself; I'm playing Mage because I have since BC and don't want to feel like I wasted all that time for now).

While I can't say I know for sure how Hunters and Rogues feel, I'm sure they feel like they're in a similar boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meillassoux View Post
    Great idea. Removes the RNG factor, its interesting, its something nice to manage and what can I say , there's a nice ring to it.
    Let me give an idea for a new spell for this mechanic then:

"spell name": 12-15 sec cd channeling for 5 sec, each sec dealing X damage and generating X heat, procs Pyroblasts when ticks crit that you can shoot through the channeling(maybe with less damage for balance sake but you get the idea) (like monk healers).Visual:fire beam or something.It would work as something to wake you up from fireball/scorch spamming.

Anyway I really hope this idea with Heat works out, its really somethething refreshing and unique.
    Yeah I think I can visualize it. Right now I think unless numbers were lowered for some spells (such as Pyro doing 200-250k crits) it might be a bit too powerful. However I don't have the ability to actually create a program or script to "sim" this as it is so that is why I am not bothering with the OP nature yet.