Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm going to appologize in advance for..

My good sir, you are so out of the whole picture it's not even funny. Lore-wise, you have little to none idea of what has actually transpired over the expansions and before WoW as far as the storyline goes.

On the "return of the lich king and pew pew and omg and huge dark lords and harry potters" i get the impression that you are an 11 year old taking game content, getting it out of context and putting it back with a "return of" title in front. It's neither logical nor fun (though blizzard has been known to make exceptions to fun, just for shits n giggles, since there is no other explanation why kael'thas needed to come back (for real i mean), or why one of the 4 horsemen is still like.. in 3 different places at the same time in the game, or other great game inconsistencies, etc.

Thirdly... well, you don't even know the name of the supposed "main evil" of the lore (i would have gone for the typo but u wrote the same name all over the place so it's obviously not the case).

Other than that, great post ))) lel

well if they even want to clean up every storyline there are a few things that are open ended
    1) Bolvar might be corrupted by ner'zhul/Lk power(depending on where you lie on the ner'zhul isn't really dead notion)
    2) the Burning Crusade is still Burning and probably pretty pissed at Azeroth. they also don't particularly distinguish between Horde and Alliance
    3) Old Gods are still MIA, and might exist outside the planet in vast numbers.
    4) Emerald Dream issues still persist somewhere, it couldn't be cleaned out altogether and corruption could respread.
    5) de bad naga lady in de ocean is totally still there
    6) titans have at least once considered wrecking the entire place, it might happen for reals next time and we'd have to fight Titans that felt they were destroying us for the common good.

ok now let's see
    6 is part of the OG problem since they'd destroy the planet to get rid of them, not us or demons. 4 is also an issue with the OG and 5 probably is as well.
    1 might be considered part of 2 since the Demons created the Lich King, but he kinda betrayed them...then again the OG manipulated them. either way the Scourge is mostly just a pawn, albeit a powerful one.
    so it mostly boils down to dealing with the Burning Legion and the Old Gods, the Scourge is likely to get stuck in with one of the two for storyline purposes as a "sidestory" as they are considerable weakened even if Bolvar turns.
    we're in the middle of an "alliance and horde hate each other, remember?" expak, so that's not likely to be the theme of a whole new expak anytime soon.
    that leaves 2 major storylines to deal with unless they invent more problems, which could happen.
    having the Burning Crusade come back for a new go at it seems pretty likely and could work for the next one as it's been a while since TBC and the demons seem to be a touch more impatient than the OG.
    after we deal with them and maybe even Sargeras the only thing left that could top Sargeras is a combined effort on the OG's part, which would resolve their storyline.

so that's my guess.
    next expac is the BC coming back and us kicking their asses, maybe some Titan tie-ins.
    after that the Scourge might come back as the leading edge of a combined effort from all the Azerothian OG working together to retake the world with all the various controlled factions joining in and Alliance and Horde forced into a legitimate allegiances of forces.
    the game ends with Alliance and Horde having 'earned' the shared right to Azeroth by defeating everyone else in the universe that wants a piece and achieving what even the Titans could not do and settling in to a rough peace. fade to black.

i'm not sure if i like that storyline, but it definitely seems the most plausible.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a stretch to call it pattern because one element in a string (the Legion) has repeated itself, and really it hasn't actually done so yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    id also like to mention that the titans are bad guys and obviously wont be helping us do anything.

odds are that there gonna take one look at our fleshy skin, alien organisms messing with the original azeroth habitat, and tons of other crap on our planet and say "reorigination must be ordered"

also we dont know if the titans even know about sargeras all we know for sure is that he hasnt come home yet and considering how big the universe is the titans are probably off fighting old gods in space on the other end of the universe while sargeras is wrecking things up
    Right, the altruistic and benevolent Titans are the bad guys... okay
    Yes, the Titan's know about Sargeras...

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Right, the altruistic and benevolent Titans are the bad guys... okay
    Yes, the Titan's know about Sargeras...
    benevolent? HA you mean the same race of people who have destroyed countless planets and people for even the slightest errors in plans? they look at us like a petri dish we are an experiment and we have gone horribly wrong

think back to the countless amounts of villains in fantasy and scifi and comic books and manga and anime who were "trying to create order" trying to "perfect the world" the titans ARE NOT benevolent they are a rigid machine like order.

and no we dont know if the titans know about sargeras all we know for sure is that they know hes missing nowhere in lore do we know whether or not he ever went back to the pantheon and like i said the universe is HUGE sargeras could be on one side killing old gods and destroying planets and whatnot and the rest of the titans could be on the other end "fixing" planets and killing old gods on that end.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Was all quite plausible till you got to this part (and this is a part that many people will have an issue with)

Nowhere has blizzard ever said that the final level cap will be 100, There is no reason to stop 100. in fact it would be a huge business failure to stop at 100 unless there is a sudden, and very drastic drop in numbers of subs.
    Alas, I can't source it, but I've seen them saying they've no plans to stop at any particular level.

Deleted
    What did I just read.

the "technological" level cap in the game is 255, or at least it was until late BC. unless they changed that, you can assume the final level will be 255, in case the game continues until then.

With Bolvar being the new Lich King, from what I gathered from it, Bolvar took the crown because he knew he could fight off Ner'zhul better than Fordring or anyone else that was attending the fight.

Wouldn't bolvar having taken the crown be the deciding factor that they were retiring the scourge for quite some time?

Not implying they can't reheat it, but from what I gathered with bolvar taking the crown, the scourge was thoroughly weakened, and would be a minimal foe until bolvar eventually loses control, which will be happening Soon™. It seems like it was less a preparation for future content, and more leaving the ending in a position where it could make new content, but can also stand alone if they never actually get to finish it.

Bolvar, forever, on the throne

Ner'zhul: You wanna do scourge stuff?
    Bolvar: No

ad nauseum
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.