I need a little help with my Mistweaver after the hotfix

Okay, so I never had trouble with healing with my monk before until this hotfix. Well actually I'm not quite sure 100% because I have only done LFR since then and I have always struggled with my healing in LFR honestly, but I totally rock my 10 man. In LFR today on most fights I was only doing about 15k-35k heals, which is about how it goes for me in LFR expect on Tsulong, which I go up to 70k. In my 10 man that we ran wednesday I was pulling 55k heals steadily and easily. Well anyway a healer had the balls to tell me in LFR that I sucked at healing on my monk when he was doing worst than me at heals. >.< I admit tonight I was struggling and I know its because of the hotfix.

In different fights I spec differently depending on if we are grouped up or not. No one would tell me if the fights we were going to be grouped up or not because I have only done heart of fear about once/twice and couldn't remember, only just insulting me the whole time. So from where no one answered my question my heals did suffered even more.

I found that I can't do my normal healing rotation anymore. Spinning crane kick takes so much of my mana out! And I found that jab was sucking out my mana too. Generally when we are grouped up, I do Spinning Crane Kick, Zen Sphere, Renewing Mists and Uplift without to much of a problem. At some point I decided just to use Soothing Mists so generate Chi to be able to do Zen Sphere and Uplift. But by doing that tonight I found I couldn't put out the HPS like I usually do. I feel like the nerf has really kicked me brutally in the shin.

My question is, what should I do now? Honestly I won't truly know if my heals are truly suffering until Monday night (tonight) when our raid goes again. What spec do you guys use for a grouped up fight, and a fight were you are mostly spread out? What is your rotation?

Here is my monk btw: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iying/advanced

The mana cost nerf was absolutely brutal, anyone in less than 490 gear should be moving anything and everything towards Spirit with Crit as a secondary priority. Also, don't forget that Soothing Mists Chi was also nerfed, making it once again kind of terrible for pure Chi generation. That said, you've got some... um... issues.

1) Zen Sphere is an awful, awful talent. If you want to use it for single-target healing, Chi Wave is better. If you want to use it for AoE healing, Chi Burst is better. If you want to use it for both at the same time, you've found a very strange fight that demands AoE healing exactly at the end of a 10 second long period of single-target focus. Seriously, don't use it.

2) Rushing Jade Wind went from awesome at launch to terrible with the RJW nerf, and then even worse now with the mana cost nerf on it. It's not worth the 2 Chi to press the button anymore. Xuen or Chi Torpedo will give you FREE healing, but two very different kinds depending on what you need. Note that Chi Torpedo is a lot harder to use now because it forces you out of position, which is why a lot of healers use Xuen.

3) Ascension is practically mandatory now with the 15% increased mana and the effect that has on base mana regeneration and Mana Tea returns. Running without it will destroy your mana pool.

4) Armory: No idea, in DPS gear when I looked.

Other things to note: LFR healing meters are pointless. There's so little damage going out that I used to go in and spam SCK for an entire fight just to snipe heals and top meters, don't put any stock in them.

Not knowing fights will hurt your healing more than any kind of gear issue possibly could. Knowing what is doing damage, to who, and when it will happen ahead of time is crucial to healing. It happens, just need to get a few looks at them.

Finally, the healing style of every single Mistweaver was affected drastically by the hotfix. If you're going OOM, Jab is effectively worthless because you can't be affording to spend 12k mana (may or may not actually be 12k, hotfix isn't working right at the moment) on a spell that does no healing. Everyone that still has any blues on them whatsoever will be gasping for mana like a Holy Paladin now, and that means that you can't use spells in the same way that you used to be able to. Time to relearn how to play Mistweaver.

Well, my gear is 475 ilevel. Everything I have on is spirit. All the gems and enchants I could get. My talents you can't really go by the armory cause I am always changing them based on the fight

-I do use Chi-wave when its more of a spread out fight in my 10 man or in LFR. I use Zen Sphere because I did try Chi burst once and that was towards the beginning of the x-pac and I didn't much care for it honestly. At the time it didn't seem like it was healing as much as I would have liked it too. However I will give it another go after this nerf that has hit us!

-I have never used Chi Torpedo, my spec has always bounced back and forth between Rushing Jade and Xuen. But after the LFR I did I won't be using Rushing Jade any time soon. I'm not coordinated enough to do Chi Torpedo although I wish I was cause its a free heal :P

-Oh my goodness, I didn't even realize what Ascension done for us now! Thank-you for the eye opener! ^.^

-I know the fights that I do for my 10 man which isn't alot. We haven't gotten very fair honestly, things keep holding us back. Not everyone can make it, death's in the family, people are sick, holidays, etc. Everything is just getting in the way for us :P So we are only 3/6 in Vaults. And those are the only fights I know.

-I do still have 3 blues on me. The enigneering trinket which has 600 spirit, haste and mastery(i'll get it changed to crit) for me. My legs but they are heroic level, and my cloak that isn't heroic level because I can't seem to get a hold of a cloak to save my life :P

I do however have reforged about everything I could into Haste. I don't have alot of mastery but I have some crit. I'll have to log on and switch my gear and spec back over to healing, so it can be judge better!

Thankyou for your input!
    Last edited by Usako; 2012-12-03 at 06:19 PM.

hmm, I'm 471 ilvl on my monk and I really don't have a hard time keeping my mana up, though tbh I haven't yet done any "real" raids only LFR, and have been 1st or 2nd place in those doing regular non-gimmicky healing.

I usually just keep RM on cd, channel SoM on people taking damage, uplift on heavy raid damage or SCK if people are bunched up enough, and EM on people taking high damage (tanks/debuff tagets)

I don't even use mana tea that often, usually end the fight with 20 stacks, I've reforged my gear for crit, and even reforged some out of spirit for more crit.

I normally use chi torpedo but I specced into RJW just to try it out, I do not like it lol.

this is my armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ignet/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by scudmuffin View Post
    hmm, I'm 471 ilvl on my monk and I really don't have a hard time keeping my mana up, though tbh I haven't yet done any "real" raids only LFR, and have been 1st or 2nd place in those doing regular non-gimmicky healing.

I usually just keep RM on cd, channel SoM on people taking damage, uplift on heavy raid damage or SCK if people are bunched up enough, and EM on people taking high damage (tanks/debuff tagets)

I don't even use mana tea that often, usually end the fight with 20 stacks, I've reforged my gear for crit, and even reforged some out of spirit for more crit.

I normally use chi torpedo but I specced into RJW just to try it out, I do not like it lol.

this is my armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ignet/advanced

RJW is not worth it anymore. SCK costs to much mana. D:

I raided tonight on the Spirit guy in Vaults and I did notice a decrease in my HPS. I use Uplift glyph only for that fight so if anyone looks at my armory right now, don't be shocked to see it on there :P However I did like Chi Burst. It seemed to do very decent on healing, and I had the raid stack up and I stood behind them spamming it as I could.

I am having a hard time generating the chi. Other than renewing mists giving me chi, I do use soothing mists to generate chi when I need it but it does take time and I don't want to sit on full chi. I know I could spend the chi but I don't want to over heal when its not necessary since we are having major mana issues.

So it seems when I need chi the most I don't have it and when I don't need chi, I have it now. Anyone else notice this problem?
    Last edited by Usako; 2012-12-04 at 05:07 AM.

I try to keep 3 chi in my bar at all times. Since soothing mist costs so little now, I regen faster than it uses mana, so if not many people are taking damage I just channel it on whom ever I please to build some chi before damage starts happening.

Then I have a choice, EM if it's single target, or ReM on a target, which brings me to 4 chi, which I can then use to cast 2 uplifts, assuming I've been keeping ReM up on a few people prior to the damage.

SCK is a mana hog, I only use it when I know I'm going to be hitting 4 or more targets, and they need healing immediately, and I usually drink some mana tea directly afterwards.

I average about 40k hps in LFR, and as I said I haven't done "real" raids yet, and I don't think I've ever gone OOM on a fight yet, before or after the changes.