Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.1 Alliance Storyline - Dalaran not working?

So another part of the 5.1 continuation opened up today, where you travel to Dalaran to help Anduin talk to Jaina about the Blood Elves withdrawal.

You're supposed to click on a portal to the Purple Parlor but it keeps saying "Instance not found."

Anyone else experiencing this?

And no, you can't simply go to Dalaran. Its an instance version of the Purple Parlor.

I haven't gotten that open yet, just got the quest to go to Kun Lai as a grummle and steal things from Garrosh's camp;o what rep did the Dalaran one open at?

Sorry I can't be of help with your actual question.

I didn't hit any thresholds. I'm still honored. I was honored when I did the quest you are currently doing. I don't even think the storyline is based on reputation, despite what Blizzard initially claimed. I think its just based on unlocking every 2-3 days like what Dave Kosak said on Twitter.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-12-03 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I didn't hit any thresholds. I'm still honored. I was honored when I did the quest you are currently doing. I don't even think the storyline is based on reputation, despite what Blizzard initially claimed. I think its just based on unlocking every 2-3 days.
    Oh thank you for the fast response! I do get a bit confused about when things unlock these days. My friend wasn't honored but got the grummle quest, and I had just hit honored, I'll just keep an eye out. Thing is if I hadn't went back to base at lions landing I wouldn't have even seen that new quest pop up till I came back the next day to do dailies again.. or maybe I'm just missing something..

Goodluck with your Dalaran quest, hope it gets fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I didn't hit any thresholds. I'm still honored. I was honored when I did the quest you are currently doing. I don't even think the storyline is based on reputation, despite what Blizzard initially claimed. I think its just based on unlocking every 2-3 days.
    The Tillers worked similarly, I think the quests unlock when you get a specific amount of reputation, not necessarily the next level. If you used the DMF carousel, you might be ahead of what they planned, and the quest might not work for you until tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The Tillers worked similarly, I think the quests unlock when you get a specific amount of reputation, not necessarily the next level. If you used the DMF carousel, you might be ahead of what they planned, and the quest might not work for you until tomorrow.
    I haven't used any reputation altering methods to get ahead, I'm not sure what it could be. I have been doing the 5man elite animal daily, but I hardly think that would push me over some threshold.

Oh thank you for the fast response! I do get a bit confused about when things unlock these days. My friend wasn't honored but got the grummle quest, and I had just hit honored, I'll just keep an eye out. Thing is if I hadn't went back to base at lions landing I wouldn't have even seen that new quest pop up till I came back the next day to do dailies again.. or maybe I'm just missing something..

Goodluck with your Dalaran quest, hope it gets fixed soon.
    Thank you. Yeah, I always make sure to go back to Lion's Landing (Or I guess even Domination Point if you're a filthy Hordie :P) after my dailies to check if another part of the story unlocks.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-12-03 at 12:42 PM.

It was never finished on the Alliance side. Horde side was completely finished but as far as I know Alliance questline was halfway finish.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Come on now. Blizzard does hotfix stuff that they may have missed, but they've never put out a patch where a large portion of it was just not complete.

Just ask GM about it. You will get your answer

https://twitter.com/Necroxis9/status/275619821033512960

Dave Kosak responded to my Twitter. I'll keep y'all informed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was able to do the kun'lai ones at 4600/6000 friendly or so. Im currently at 2660/12000 and the next step hasnt opened up for me yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Similar problem with me, Taylor doesn't give me the quest. I am currently sitting at 1,910 honored just now. Anyone know the required to get to do the next chain ?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Just tried, still not working

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on Silvermoon EU (Alliance) still nothing, I asked a few people around and they said they couldn't get it either (not sure on what their rep was)

3180 into Honored here, US-Tichondrius.

Same problem w Purple Parlor portal here,
    Instance not found.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't gotten there yet. I will update later.

Yep got nothing at 2400 Honored with Operation Shieldwall
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2012-12-03 at 08:07 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who has bad feeling this has something to do with this part of the quest chain not having been finished on the PTR?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Am I the only one who has bad feeling this has something to do with this part of the quest chain not having been finished on the PTR?

I'd probably get nauseous because of that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Better not be the case, Kosak would of said something like that (I hope)