Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    The obvious reply to those who mock the idea of a Blood Elf as Warchief... most popular race is most popular. I don't think it will happen, but hardly off the table. Of the zOMG lore obsession characters, I think Rexxar would be cool, but he'd have to be used at some point in MOP prior to that to make it believable or interesting. Ditto Saurfang. And that also applies to every peripheral character that might cross people's minds, like Gorgonna from Conquest Hold or Warlord Zaela or Nazgrim or Insert Orc Here. Whoever comes next as Warchief is going to be one of the characters that has an actual story function in MOP, which is why discussion focuses in so fast on Vol'jin, Baine, Lor'themar, and Sylvanas. And of these, two have only had any story in a tie-in novel, with only Vol'jin and Lor'themar having any in-game development. So that group, and Thrall, of course, pretty much become the list, unless or until Blizzard actually starts using some other character, because what they aren't going to do is have someone show up who hasn't been used since BC or vanilla and say "Hi! I'm the Warchief, ask me how!"
    This made me think.. Wouldn't it be cool if we could see Rexxar and a few other of our random heros walking around Org or in specific areas as Mini racial bosses? (Think of the random adventurers in Dal). This would just be a little nod to us lore people instead of having "Random asshole guard "Steve" " walking around that we know nothing about.

Would take a few story tweaking but it could be cool. Maybe after Siege of Org have them all come help and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time will move forward miraculously, and thrall and aggra's child will be made warchief. Tada!
    I suggest we get a Hozen warchief, now that would be interesting.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    I forsee many communication errors and misunderstandings resulting from that
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    I forsee many communication errors and misunderstandings resulting from that
    "Adventurer! I need you to go to Dook Dook city, held by the Alliance! Find King Ooker Dooker and give him an Ook in the Dook. But don't be dooked!"

"??????????"

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verksus View Post
    "Adventurer! I need you to go to Dook Dook city, held by the Alliance! Find King Ooker Dooker and give him an Ook in the Dook. But don't be dooked!"
    After that I need you to sneak into the ooker-dome and gather 5 slikkies, kill 5 wikkets, then take this giant ook and throw it at the King Dooker
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I've got it. Vanessa Van Cleef. Turns out, she didn't really die in Deadmines, she used the bombs to cover her escape and had Decoy glyphed. She hates Stormwind so much she is ready to abandon the whole human race, and she is defecting with the Defias Brotherhood. She'll pop out of stealth and stunlock him for us and then she'll be proclaimed Warchief.

... what?

Why do you think Nazgrim is a minor character?

He's been around for a long time now, played a rather large part of your levelling process and is a respected general. It's also implied that he has close ties to Vol'Jin.

I wouldn't have a problem with Nazgrim becoming Warchief, he's young enough to be valued, and old enough to have wisdom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Time will move forward miraculously, and thrall and aggra's child will be made warchief. Tada!
    Hozen live about 6 years and crap over everything.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Hozen live about 6 years and crap over everything.
    It's closer to 20, and aside from a somewhat shorter life span they aren't much different from your average troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    It's closer to 20, and aside from a somewhat shorter life span they aren't much different from your average troll.
    Or orc for that matter.

seriously hope it isn't vol'jin or baine. that'd be incredibly lame

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Basic Campfire for warchief!

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    openly gay characters?

Sentinel Sweetspring
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    that is, why do people seem to think that *most* of the names that keep coming up have any chance of getting the job? Nazgrim is a nobody in the grand scheme of things, Sylvanas is evil, Lor'themar, while he's sensible, is a BLOOD ELF (kidding yourself if a belf will ever lead the entire horde, that's ridiculous), Rexxar hasn't been important or relevant for years and has no role in the narrative, Zaela and Eitrigg are both minor, Saurfang has been gone from the entire plotline since Wrath, etc.

If the Horde is going to have a Warchief (which it might not, it might get a council of something), it will be one of these 3- Thrall, Vol'jin or Baine. They are all tied heavily to Garrosh and his downfall and are the only three who wouldnt seem like an uninvested asspull.
    While I agree that most of the names that people throw out there are extremely far fetch'd, I would dismiss Nazgrim so easily. I mean he is one of the main Horde Generals, if not the top one. As such I would not say he is a nobody in the grand scheme since he is involved in just about everything going on. Also it is not uncommon for generals to become political leaders at some point in their career (Washington or even Julius Ceasar for example).

Edit: Also as a side note, this is how Garrosh became warchief
    Last edited by Noviskers; 2012-12-03 at 07:46 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Aggra came from the back-ward, isolated Garadar.
    Just like Garrosh did. And he is warchief.

Or maybe more like a coucil of all faction leaders? ... too much talking, too little action ...
    Last edited by vemynal; 2012-12-03 at 07:47 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    hey!
    Trolls are much more intelligent than those ookin wikkets

Nazgrim has been being built up as a character since Cataclysm. That's not exactly a nobody, but I don't think he really has the qualifications to be a Warchief. Saurfang has been gone from the plot because he was stationed in Warsong Hold alongside a skeleton crew to keep watch on things.

While I agree that Thrall, Vol'jin, or Baine would make the most sense, you can't exactly rule out every character who is either minor, or hasn't appeared in some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    Chen Stormstout, why not? :P
    First decision as the new Warchief: Brewfest everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    Chen Stormstout, why not? :P
    Isn't he considered a neutral character?

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard had stuck to their storytelling guns in Cata, with Garrosh becoming a wise and experienced leader who actually learned from his mistakes and misconceptions - Garrosh would have made the ultimate leader.

Sadly, despite the amount of bitchery that the playerbase levels at Blizzard for 'ignoring them' daily, Blizzard does listen to players and has turned Garrosh into Snidely Whiplash.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.