Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why do people have such unrealistic expectations for the new Warchief?

that is, why do people seem to think that *most* of the names that keep coming up have any chance of getting the job? Nazgrim is a nobody in the grand scheme of things, Sylvanas is evil, Lor'themar, while he's sensible, is a BLOOD ELF (kidding yourself if a belf will ever lead the entire horde, that's ridiculous), Rexxar hasn't been important or relevant for years and has no role in the narrative, Zaela and Eitrigg are both minor, Saurfang has been gone from the entire plotline since Wrath, etc.

If the Horde is going to have a Warchief (which it might not, it might get a council of something), it will be one of these 3- Thrall, Vol'jin or Baine. They are all tied heavily to Garrosh and his downfall and are the only three who wouldnt seem like an uninvested asspull.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about all 3? And your right, most have an unrealistic idea of who the next warchief should be, and are usually strung along by a red herring. Such people shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion taken seriously.

But it also boils down to, every faction in the game needs a leader that is there own race, and because it is orcs, that leader will be the most important role. The warchief is the hordes leader, end of, and as the warchief is also always the orcs leader, it ties in why the humans will always be lead by a human, and why the human leader will also always represent the alliance as a whole.

The hordes leader needs to be an orc, warcraft is orcs vs humans, not trolls vs humans, not tauren vs humans.
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing is un-realistic on Azeroth

But here is to hoping the Warchief is an Orc.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What about that: Trall stays with the earthen ring, and Aggra becomes warchief? First female warchief since ... ever? And the warchief-position would stay with the orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Nothing is un-realistic on Azeroth
    openly gay characters?

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 05:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vemynal View Post
    What about that: Trall stays with the earthen ring, and Aggra becomes warchief? First female warchief since ... ever? And the warchief-position would stay with the orcs.
    The screams from the playerbase world wide would cause the sky to shatter.
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aggra came from the back-ward, isolated Garadar.

Is she really ready or even capable to leading he awsome-ness that is the Horde?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Aggra came from the back-ward, isolated Garadar.

Is she really ready or even capable to leading he awsome-ness that is the Horde?
    Ha... ha ha ha... ha... so did Garrosh, and look how he turned out.
    #boycottchina

Well the people saying Lor'themar are taking a bit of dialogue too seriously where some of his underlings say he'd make an awesome Warchief right after he jail-broke a bunch of Sunrevers, including Aethas, out of Dalaran.

Ultimately I agree that the only realistic choices are Vol'jin, Baine, and Thrall. It will take a lot of guts for Blizzard to put a non-Orc on the throne, but the Darkspear and Tauren have been with the Horde long enough that we can't write them off completely, especially with Vol'jin shaping up to be such a huge character going forward.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 05:08 PM ----------

Aggra's too new of a character to be a viable Warchief at this point. I could maybe see her ruling the Orcs jointly with Thrall if he's not Warchief, but that's about it. That way she'd have some real authority and could develop as a character in her own right.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Don't give them any ideas....

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    openly gay characters?
    I don't see what this has to do with Warchief selection. I can't recall the last time I had an NPC introduce it's self as hetrosexual either so I don't get what you are wanting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Well the people saying Lor'themar are taking a bit of dialogue too seriously where some of his underlings say he'd make an awesome Warchief right after he jail-broke a bunch of Sunrevers, including Aethas, out of Dalaran.

Ultimately I agree that the only realistic choices are Vol'jin, Baine, and Thrall. It will take a lot of guts for Blizzard to put a non-Orc on the throne, but the Darkspear and Tauren have been with the Horde long enough that we can't write them off completely, especially with Vol'jin shaping up to be such a huge character going forward.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 05:08 PM ----------

Aggra's too new of a character to be a viable Warchief at this point. I could maybe see her ruling the Orcs jointly with Thrall if he's not Warchief, but that's about it. That way she'd have some real authority and could develop as a character in her own right.
    Maybe if Aggra turned into Lois from family guy that might work.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    it will be one of these 3- Thrall, Vol'jin or Baine. They are all tied heavily to Garrosh and his downfall and are the only three who wouldnt seem like an uninvested asspull.
    I think maybe we should fast forward things a bit and have Thrall's baby grown up, see Thrall and Angra murdered, and take the position of Warchief by force. Would be nice to see him rip off Garrosh's head and use it as a footrest in the throneroom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall would probably come back. Knowing the self-rightious nature of Thrall (and the fact that he is part of the new story with Vol'jin) he will see Garrosh as a problem he created and will have to correct it in order to not feel guilty.

Afterwords I wouldn't be surprised if the racial leaders have a Gladiator moment where Vol'jin and Baine tell Thrall "We be knowin you dun wan'ta be da Warcheif again mon.." (Insert Tauren voice) "But it is because you do not wish for that power again, that you would make the greatest choice" blah blah blah.

I just hope Thrall finally goes firelands quest on Varian and takes his DiD having ass down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I don't see what this has to do with Warchief selection. I can't recall the last time I had an NPC introduce it's self as hetrosexual either so I don't get what you are wanting?
    ... it was a retort to Drek saying nothing is un-realistic, it means in general to anything in warcrafts fictional story, what, I had to explain that?
    #boycottchina

I kind of like the idea of all leaders of the Horde in some sort of board except for Thrall, which could function as an advisor with his experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    I kind of like the idea of all leaders of the Horde in some sort of board except for Thrall, which could function as an advisor with his experience.
    There isn't another orc that could stand in his place as the orcs leader. And as history would attest to it, when the orcs are leaderless, they are kind of clueless without purpose.
    #boycottchina

I still see it going like this...

After the fall of Garrosh, the Horde leaders come together to make a new Warchief. Thrall is asked to return to the role, but declines, as he feels he can no longer lead the entire Horde as he did in the past. Baine, being much younger and inexperienced as a leader, votes that Vol'jin be given the title. Thrall agrees. The other leaders argue about it, but in the end come to agreement that Vol'jin would be the best choice. Thrall remains as the spiritual leader (aka, racial leader) of the orcs in Orgrimmar, leading them in day to day things while helping Vol'jin handle the the much larger political issues of the Horde at large.

The obvious reply to those who mock the idea of a Blood Elf as Warchief... most popular race is most popular. I don't think it will happen, but hardly off the table. Of the zOMG lore obsession characters, I think Rexxar would be cool, but he'd have to be used at some point in MOP prior to that to make it believable or interesting. Ditto Saurfang. And that also applies to every peripheral character that might cross people's minds, like Gorgonna from Conquest Hold or Warlord Zaela or Nazgrim or Insert Orc Here. Whoever comes next as Warchief is going to be one of the characters that has an actual story function in MOP, which is why discussion focuses in so fast on Vol'jin, Baine, Lor'themar, and Sylvanas. And of these, two have only had any story in a tie-in novel, with only Vol'jin and Lor'themar having any in-game development. So that group, and Thrall, of course, pretty much become the list, unless or until Blizzard actually starts using some other character, because what they aren't going to do is have someone show up who hasn't been used since BC or vanilla and say "Hi! I'm the Warchief, ask me how!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Dezco is another popular choice that baffles me. Come on, people... not being a prick doesn't mean you have the credentials (or exposure) to be leader of the entire faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    openly gay characters?
    no one in-game is open about his sexuality, except for the orc guy who says he's into tauren women lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.