Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Rogue trouble with Stormstout Brewery: Gold

Hi guys.

I am doing challenge dungeons with my guild friends. Our party consists of prot war, resto shaman, shadow priest, feral druid and me-combat/assa rogue.
    We have done easily 8 challenges with gold reward within few days. But last one, Stormstout Brewery was very hard for us. We spent a lot of hours wiping/reseting due to low aoe damage and lack of ranged class. I've changed to assa for better aoe, but then it was big problem with final adds. Bloat+pools on the ground is too insane for melee dps class.

After many hours of wiping/reseting we decide to take a break and continue tomorrow. But my party invited elemental shaman when I went offline and did Stormstout Brewery with gold after few pulls. I must say, that my friends tried to finish this last challenge with me again (prot war, resto shaman, elemental shaman, shadow priest, me-combat/assa rogue) after they did all 9 dungeons with gold, but we failed.

After completing 8 challenge dungeons with gold reward, I can say there is no use for melee dps class, so doing challenges with ranged one only is much, much easier.

So now, thanks to bad design of my class (only average aoe damage, only average single target damage, no support, no heal, melee range!...) I am stuck to 8 gold challenge dungeons and last one I am unable to finish. I am very disappointed, because pve scenario "melee sucks" repeat again and again and blizzard do nothing with this. Additionally, rogue as pure dps class is only average dps class, so I don't want to pay for this game anymore.

I'm curious as to why aoe damage is a problem, the only AoE that is done in this instance is in the gauntlet before hoptallus, you should be single targetting a Bopper to get a hammer to kill these, as for the 'final' adds, I'm assuming you mean the ones that spawn during the boss encounter, you need to BL, pot and use anything to boost your dps and just zerg the boss and block them from healing with LoS. We even had our healer go dps for this final boss without a dk tank (we had a bear)

You say you are running with a spriest. That is also pretty bad seeing as they have some of the lowest single target dps in the game.

Overall, without being rude, it seems like a L2P issue, I (and I know a lot of other groups) have done this challenge mode with a rogue in our group and haven't had any problems.

Deleted
    My experience with AoE as assassination rogue is that it is the best AoE spec ingame with sufficient amount of adds. I have no clue what your doing wrong. 2nd post might have more constructive information.

Deleted
    They did easily 8 gold challenges with me. But at Stormstout Brewery, they can't kick feral druid because of MotW, +5% crit, Rebirth and HotW, but they can easily kick rogue with useless +10% melee/ranged haste buff only and melee trouble. I can definitely say this is not l2p issue, I know what I am doing, but simply my "war arsenal" as rogue is poor (many, many times, Invisibility potion was much better than my Shroud of Concealment). I am sure I can accomplish Gold Stormstout Brewery with two fire mages, but no one want to waste their time.

Quite honestly, you can complete Challenge Modes with any kind of lineup and blaming your class is wrong. Think of how your group can improve and stop blaming you being a rogue.

I've completed all challenge mode dungeons with 2 rogues. See my old WoWProgress profile to what you can do with two rogues. Bringing one rogue is definitely not what's causing you to fail the time, sorry.
    Last edited by Ashvael; 2012-12-03 at 06:49 PM.

Deleted
    You guys didn't get it. Players can complete gold challenge much easier, if they will pick ranged spell dmg class rather than melee with no party benefits, that is the problem.

Group stealth is literally worth Gold.

Deleted
    Invisibility potion is safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Trymore View Post
    Hi guys.
    Are you doing LoS pull of final adds (before the last boss)? Tank should place small adds on top of each other (group should stay on top of each other aswell).
    And switching for assa is bad idea imo, combat is fine there.

Deleted
    Yes, we are using LoS for small adds. Isn't assa better for his execute phase during final boss?

After completing 8 challenge dungeons with gold reward, I can say there is no use for melee dps class, so doing challenges with ranged one only is much, much easier.
    Could you please try and figure out exactly what it is your bitching about before asking for help. I mean you completed 8 of the challenge modes with all melee now suddenly you have a bit of trouble and melee is worthless?

Yes, we are using LoS for small adds. Isn't assa better for his execute phase during final boss?
    There's plenty of time to respec before boss.
    Imo cleave for big adds more important than slightly heavier AoE for small adds and slightly better sustained DPS on boss (tho boss shouldn't last longer than 45-55 sec).
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Could you please try and figure out exactly what it is your bitching about before asking for help. I mean you completed 8 of the challenge modes with all melee now suddenly you have a bit of trouble and melee is worthless?
    CM is not melee (DPS) friendly, that is all. I've did all CM with gold and can say exactly same thing.
    Last edited by Mazius; 2012-12-03 at 11:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Learn to read, especially for you, again:
    Players can complete gold challenge much easier, if they will pick ranged spell dmg class rather than melee with no party benefits, that is the problem.

And yes, we did 8 challenges with two melee and one ranged class, but it was pain in ass sometimes because of stupid anti-melee trash/boss mechanics. Ranged are very rarely disadvantaged. So one question, why to play melee if life can be easier as ranged class? This is stupid and unbalanced game design.

Learn to read, especially for you, again:
    Players can complete gold challenge much easier, if they will pick ranged spell dmg class rather than melee with no party benefits, that is the problem.

And yes, we did 8 challenges with two melee and one ranged class, but it was pain in ass sometimes because of stupid anti-melee trash/boss mechanics. Ranged are very rarely disadvantaged. So one question, why to play melee if life can be easier as ranged class? This is stupid and unbalanced game design.
    In one dungeon you had difficulty. I have news for you, there is a reason they are called Challenge Modes.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2012-12-03 at 11:47 PM.

Deleted
    Not in one dungeon, fighting melee is more difficult against 2/3 raid/dungeon bosses than ranged. I think Blizzard did some changes in cata to lower difference between melee and ranged class, but it was like little fart to the air. If you are blind, it's your problem.

And what's the point if pure dps class is not top dps class, but only filler?
    Last edited by mmoc355c8ef94d; 2012-12-03 at 11:58 PM.

Our party consists of prot war, resto shaman, shadow priest, feral druid and me-combat/assa rogue.
    We have done easily 8 challenges with gold reward within few days.
    Not in one dungeon, fighting melee is more difficult against 2/3 raid/dungeon bosses than ranged.
    You posted you did the first 8 EASILY, as I have posted, then you follow up saying they are all hard on melee, which I have also posted again for you.

Which one is it?

You can't come here and complain that you can't do something that is meant to be hard, easily. You also can't complain it's a class/role mechanic when other people can do it too.

I'm not going to say it's a L2P issue, but maybe you should try opening your mind when you came here for help. Or did you really just come here to complain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    I see people type out druid(s) as "dudu." So, my class is now reduced to a pile of crap (doo doo)? What?

Deleted
    Blaming your class rather than your group perfomance is wrong. Besides, the only difficult part in Brewery is the last boss, and rogue is fine on him - no idea why you are failing on this one, but it's definitely not a class issue.

Btw group stealth + invi pots > invi pots alone.

Invisibility potion is safer.
    If you don't mind putting your dps potions on a 10 minute cooldown.

One-shotted this fairly easy. Went with DK/Rdruid/Sp/Elesham/Rog XDD l2p m8

Deleted
    I find it funny how 8 of the dungeons where faceroll, but your class is bad for one of them .
    Tbh this is just l2p issue, nothing to do with the rogue's as whole.