Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Love that woman's accent, hard as hell to understand though.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that everything was being collected and stored, even if it's not all being reviewed.

Why wouldn't they do this? They have absolutely no public over sight that open to review, and the capability to collect all the data over fiber networks, they could just collect everything, not use it so it's not illegal, and then when they need it pull it up to generate a profile/case on someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh... Its hardly like the "government" are the only ones. We are being monitored and tracked like never before. By more groups than ever before. The only difference is that most of this "spying" is unnoticed by the public.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    I didn't look at the video... but really? You're surprised your gouvernment is spying on you? They've been doing it for years. Yea, sure, I don't like it, but it's not surprising.

Also to people saying the gouvernment will kill him, no. If they didn't stop him until now they can't do it now. Killing him now would prove people he was right. So they'll discredit him and make him look like a madman. Then only the conspiracy theory people will belive him anymore. That's how it's done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    is that a Microsoft surface shes using ?
    I think it's just a white iPad.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Fun Fact: Police Can Access Your Email Without A Warrant If It's 180 Days Old
    http://www.businessinsider.com/petra...y-laws-2012-11

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post

RT is more credible than any major American news outlet, which is sad.
    Ah hah, no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    RT is more credible than any major American news outlet, which is sad.
    They're funded by the Kremlin... Even Fox News is probably more credible than them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Didn't watch the video, but surely the William-guy would get murdered by some government agency if he revealed stuff like this?
    They want to make it look like an accident, would like suspicious if he just died so quickly after releasing this info.

They've killed before and they'll do it again for people leaking stuff out.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, its your own damn fault if you use plaintext email.

If you're going BOMB THE UNITED STATES WHITE HOUSE, WHERE THE PRESIDENT LIVES, ON MAY 29TH, 2013 Then at least use SSL.

Now am I going to be raided by the the cops again because of what I just said and its going to set off some filters despite not even being in the US.

It's from RT "news" so guaranteed to be bullshit.

These are the guys who claimed that the Syrian (russian) tanks destroying Homs were really British, and that the revolutionaries in Egypt and Tunisia etc were "american soliders in disguise".

It's just pathetic really... turn to RT at any time of day or night and they will always be spewing some random bullshit about "the west".
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-12-04 at 04:50 AM.

Didn't watch the video, but I thought a whistleblower came out and said it a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

These are the guys who claimed that the Syrian (russian) tanks destroying Homs were really British, and that the revolutionaries in Egypt and Tunisia etc were "american soliders in disguise".

It's just pathetic really... turn to RT at any time of day or night and they will always be spewing some random bullshit about "the west".
    There's nothing wrong with RT as long as you go in knowing what specific areas they're biased in and avoid those.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Ya pretty much. We have sacrificed tons of personal liberty for the illusion that we are safer from random terrorist attacks.
    Yep, and it wont stop anytime soon. Wonder how long it'll be before just mocking our lovely country is considered terrorism?

Also, I sure hope this guy doesn't end up the next as the next Bradley Manning. The last thing we need is another guy in jail for years without trial. =/

Did people really need a whisteblower to believe the NSA was spying on American citizens?

Any news source is extremely biased to the country of its origin.

CNN, Fox, etc are every bit as much of a joke as any other. I read CNN for luls, not to get an accurate picture of the world. If you want something approximating the truth, read the news from polar opposites and find it somewhere in the middle. If you read the same article on Al Jazeera, RT, CNN and the Guardian, you can probably approximate what the real situation is.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Did people really need a whisteblower to believe the NSA was spying on American citizens?
    No, but it's still scary to hear it confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    There's nothing wrong with RT as long as you go in knowing what specific areas they're biased in and avoid those.
    Specific areas they'e biased in? That would be anything regarding "the west", which is 99% of what they broadcast.

RT isn't just biased towards their own country, they are extremely biased against everything that isn't russian. They twist and turn anything and everything they can into propaganda, outright lie and spew that bile into the faces of everyone unfortunate enough to be watching.

RT is not news, they do not report current events. It's 100% anti-west propaganda poorly disguised as news. They even have the audacity to set up country-specific channels to vomit their bullshit in as many different languages and countries as possible.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-12-04 at 04:09 PM.

Specific areas they'e biased in? That would be anything regarding "the west", which is 99% of what they broadcast.

RT isn't just biased towards their own country, they are extremely biased against everything that isn't russian. They twist and turn anything and everything they can into propaganda, outright lie and spew that bile into the faces of everyone unfortunate enough to be watching.

RT is not news, they do not report current events. It's 100% anti-west propaganda poorly disguised as news. They even have the audacity to set up country-specific channels to vomit their bullshit in as many different languages and countries as possible.
    So which area is the NSA whistle blower biased toward?

They pick and choose the bad things about the US to talk about, so what. Does that make NSA guy a liar?

Do you think he'd get any air time on Fox, NBC, ABC, CNN? Maybe on msnbc's Dylan Ratigan show, or Judge Napolitano's freedom watch, but guess what happened to those programs, .... canceled.
    Last edited by Pipebomb; 2012-12-04 at 05:13 PM.

Who cares?

If you're not breaking the law, online or otherwise, then why care that the NSA *can* get access to your online activities? I'm sure there will still be Judges and subpoenas involved in acting upon and accessing such data; think proactive rather than reactive.