Damn you, habits!

So sad,

all these changes happening for hunters that sometimes I just can't leave my old (and good) habits behind, like:

- Whenever I need to keep moving and fire, I jump to not stop moving.
    - I have 3 aspects now! I remember having 5 aspects (Back then, when we have Viper and Nature Aspect)! And use my hotkeys: CTRL+F1 for Hawk, CTRL+F3 for Fox. Now sometimes I activate Pack unintended, cause my brain still thinks that I need to cast Fox for cast while moving!
    - Jump to cancel my misclick (and spammed) Cobra Shot for a Kill Command. Now I just can't and need to macro!
    - I can't leave my habit of using CTRL+1 to send pet to attack target. I see many hunter using /petattack macro but I just can't. Sometimes it's worse, when playing other classes I just hit CTRL+1 even not having a pet.

Well, I just wanted to share some habits that grew over time playing my main Hunter since the first second I stepped into WoW.

Yeah, aspects have become pretty silly now. AotC/P are just so situational as to be almost worthless (not that I want them to go away), and other than those rare occurrences... you're always in Hawk/DH if talented that way. Almost like Cheetah should just be an activated "Dash" and pack should be like Stampeding roar, and just roll Hawk into our damage and abandon aspects entirely. But, whatever. Wouldn't want to homogenize us into being too much like feral druids!

I forced myself to constantly move around like a retard after 5.1 just to get used to never changing aspects in combat. Looked silly as hell, but was very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Butu View Post
    I forced myself to constantly move around like a retard after 5.1 just to get used to never changing aspects in combat. Looked silly as hell, but was very effective.
    Now in raids, I'll sometimes put auto-run on, and just circle the boss non-stop... Just to make caster classes jealous of my ability to do 100% DPS on the move.. lol...

Yeah....not having fox kind of makes the aspect system fairly obsolete, at least in most situations...not that cheetah/pack can't be useful but considering Hawk could just as easily be built into the class, and they could do something else with cheetah and pack, we really don't need an aspect system at all unless they beef it up a bit with more actual combat options which the other two options seldom are. I'll admit it's really nice to not have to worry about changing aspects and losing dps (and the occasional derp of me not changing back to hawk when I should have), and it was definitely helpful to our dps, but if they don't revamp the aspect system to add a little more depth to it in the future I'd rather just see it built into the class in other ways.

I recall the old systems myself and remember having to switch between hawk/viper/cheetah during raids. I was actually extremely happy to see Viper and the mana system disappear: It wasn't necessary nor did it really make sense. The current focus system is just entirely better.

As for fox: It wasn't introduced until Cataclysm, but I didn't really see the point of aspect dancing, although I would assume it just gave us more to do.

I think it would be great to see more utilization of pack as a short-term speed burst that doesn't daze so more classes can cycle such CD's in raids when needed. As it stands, pack is pretty useless most of the time, so seeing a change in this department would be a great asset to us.

The jumping when wanting to cancel cobra is a bit, yeah. Usually never spam cobra anyway so doesn't happen that often. I also wanted to switch aspects the first days of the patch, but just removed the macro and put another ability on that keybind.

yeah, I put my /cancelaura Hand of Protection for H-Spirit Kings and H-Blade Lord where my Fox used to be, very helpful, lol.

I still do cobra shots in pairs because of years of marksmanship play.

Quote Originally Posted by Neteyes View Post
    I still do cobra shots in pairs because of years of marksmanship play.
    same, that and 3 Arcane shots in a row for some wierd reason i cannot comprehend.
    always 3 arcane shots.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    I still mend my pet even if it's at full health, old habbit since the good old happiness days lols.
    It also took me a while to get rid of the cobra shots in pairs after FL when MM became worthless.

Ctrl + F3 keybinding? I wouldn't use that for any macro, let alone switching aspects.
    Pre-5.1 I used T to toggle aspect of the hawk/fox and used shift + T to switch directly to hawk from any other aspect. I can't imagine myself moving out of world in flames using your keybindings and not suffering a huge DPS loss/death. I still find myself casting instant shots when I need to move but its gotten much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    i still tend to tab-target my Lock n' Load procs to multiple targets even though ExS now adds up the DoT instead of munching.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    I still mend my pet even if it's at full health, old habbit since the good old happiness days lols.
    It also took me a while to get rid of the cobra shots in pairs after FL when MM became worthless.
    Took me a loooong time to leave this habit behind. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Daytraders View Post
    Ctrl + F3 keybinding? I wouldn't use that for any macro, let alone switching aspects.
    Pre-5.1 I used T to toggle aspect of the hawk/fox and used shift + T to switch directly to hawk from any other aspect. I can't imagine myself moving out of world in flames using your keybindings and not suffering a huge DPS loss/death. I still find myself casting instant shots when I need to move but its gotten much better.
    Yep. I don't loose dps cause I'm used to it. My movements are fast *pof*

Slight sidestep to cancel Cobra/Steady Shot cast. I had to put /stopcasting line into my Kill Shot macro.

As for the aspects: I heard a great idea, not sure where from, probably it was from Rogerbrown and it was kind of an "Aspect of Cleave" that would make your focus costing shots/abilities hit two targets (that are close enough to each other) for the cost of 15% additional AP that you would otherwise get from (Iron)Hawk. Like this it would actually be a legitimate choice which aspect you want to choose. Please spread this idea!

So long as there's any damage fluctuation at all tied to aspects, there will never really be a choice. That was the problem with fox and hawk, never once did the manage to get them properly balanced from the day fox was introduced to the day it was removed. It's just far too fine a balancing act that's influenced by too many other things. Aspects are going away, sooner or later. I just really, really hope that we don't lose our run speed increase in the process.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."