Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Not sure why that matters, really. There have often been BoP mats; historically we have compensated the crafter with gold. I've traded lotuses (or flasks) in equivalent quantities this expansion, since I can match the SoH value more exactly that way.

Like I said, you already have to do this, since you can't have every single profession at once anyway.

But that's your decision. I understand and agree with that sentiment, but that still doesn't make the mandatory.

If you want to make goodies yourself, you have to do some dailies. If you don't want to, then you have to get the pieces somewhere else. It's a reasonable tradeoff. If the situation was that if you didn't grind the rep yourself you couldn't get those items at all because they were BoP, then I'd concede that that "choice" isn't really a choice. But the difference between asking a guildmate or being self-sufficient is fairly minor.
    Leg Armor, didn't require Chaos Orbs last xpac (which started the xpac bop). Now, it requires Harmony. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any item enhancements last xpac that required bop mats. So no, it wasn't always that way.

Again, my point was before, i had choices in how I worked for the recipe. Now, I don't, there is only one way to obtain the recipe.

edit: if they kept recipes as faction rewards (bop) AND still had them as world/dungeon/or raid drops (boe), I'd be infinitely happy about that. Likewise, if they kept valor gear on faction vendors and made them bop/purchasable with gold, and had non-rep vendors with valor gear for valor, i'd be happy with that, too. Elder Charms. Make them drop after clearing an entire raid (all bosses) and lesser charms from dailies. Cap of 3/week still stands. Options. Earn the rewards how you want to earn them.
    Last edited by Devic; 2012-12-03 at 11:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A badly disguised Skinner box =/= content. Hell, it doesn't even make a decent game.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I hate dailies, but I enjoy the Dominance Offensive because the storyline for it is fantastic.
    Slightly off-topic question, but how do I progress this fantastic new Krasarang Wilds storyline?

So far I've gone down to the beach and helped King Varian prepare the landing, for which I was rewarded with a cut-scene. Anduin is reunited with his father. Since then I've done three sets of daily quests, from three different hubs (the airship, on the beach, and in some old caves), plus I got sent off to take part in a Scenario at the Crane Temple.

I'm pretty sure I'm friendly with the new faction now, but I haven't noticed any threads to continue the story ... should I just continue doing dailies, or is there something I've missed?

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Last edited by Triptych; 2012-12-04 at 12:27 AM. Reason: fixed my terrible quoting

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    1. They make you HAVE to work for Epics if you don't Raid.
    -The only source of Welfare Epics at this point is LFR, and that's for people who don't raid anymore, or who are looking for gear that they don't want to do dailies for or gear that won't drop in raid.
    -With the Daily system, Epics are blocked off and you have to WORK for them. It was one of the biggest complaints from the community I've observed over the last 2 years of being here. Since Wrath people have bitched about "Omg Purples are so easy to get now. Vanilla was better QQ."
    Kind of a subjective argument. I hate dailies.

You enjoy doing the same quests all day every day
    I enjoy bashing my face into the same heroic bosses all day every day.

So how are you working for gear and I'm not?
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

I actually enjoy the daily system now that I only get to play a couple hours a week. If I was still a hardcore WoWer, 6-8 hours daily or more, then I might be singing a different tune. I feel like there's a wealth of content at my disposal and I get to pick and choose in what order I want to experience it at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Christ. I could go through the list of inaccuracies and errors in your posts or just plain flat our wrong bullshit but let's take one virtually at random. Everybody asked for more to do. That is clever but inaccurate. No what everybody asked for was more content. More raids more dungeons. I don't recall a single SINGLE person saying hey blizzard take all that reward we were used to getting for years, make it grindy as hell and put it behind daily quests. You and BLizzard interpreted that to mean hey blizzard make shit hard for us but in reality what we wanted was no 9 month gaps between raid tiers. Or the 7 months between FL and the original raid tier.

The rest of your post is such garbage. I mean raiding is defenitly most not raiding. RNG is defenitly not rng. You could offset rng by BUYING GEAR BEFORE now you have to do dailies to do that. Yes I know carry on you virtual farmers telling me what I have to do get gear. Please keep up this attitude though. I could replace every single thing you wrote with hard heroics and we'd be back at cataclysm. This community is bad and it's bad because it never learns. Instead of defending every shit change they make you can and should be calling for them to make changes and ameliorate the existing system. Otherwise you'll just keep getting wild swings between expansions and non stop sub losses every time. I hope people move on, I hope alot of people move on so the developers ignore the op and get their heads out of their asses.

Honestly just keep it up. My fondest wish and desire is that you continue to berate and harrangue your fellow players, your fellow customers when they ask for the slightest change so that they leave and the developers suddenly have a mass exodus of players to deal with and guess what the game shifts design all over again. It doesn't have to be that way honest but you people can't seem to see the other side of the coin and are ENTITLED (yes ENTITLED) to tell me and others that we should suck it the fuck up and "work" for our gear, a bizzare and silly notion in a video game if I ever heard of one. Maybe tmmrw I'll raise a barn or something
    Did...did you just make a post about how people should see things your way, Blizzard should design the game to align better with you desires, and then go on to call other people entitled? First, look up the word entitled, and then please look up the word hypocrite. Looks like you use the same one-sided coin as the people you call out.

The answer is b/c its a game with no RL rewards. That's why people don't want to work. #1 goal is fun, but if putting some work in makes the game more fun to you, as it does for me sometimes, go ahead, that just doesn't sit well with alot of people and rightfully so.

Deleted
    I don't mind doing the dailies, I just hate having to do them on 2-3 characters for Rep so I can get awesome mounts/gear

Having to do the same quests again and again and again. I'm not playing the game to have a job, I want to have fun and this isn't fun