Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volbian View Post
    ^This. Another reason why i think clicking is better then keybinds. And yes it is MY preference also.

So far from reading all these posts. There is NO solid proof that keybinds are better than clicking or vice versa. All i'm reading is opinions on why a certain preference is better. You say Keybinds is faster reaction...PROVE IT. You cant, these are just words and experiences people have. It also comes down to reflexes and your own personal agility. When i type, i chicken peck everything VS someone who uses 2 hands. I'm sure at 50wpm, theyre certain people i can beat, theyre also certain people i cant. Does it make it wrong?? No, its a preference and something youve been accustomed to for a very long time. So long, that its just natural thing.

As WE all say in-game. "PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN". Prove keybinds are better and vice versa, and not personal experiences.

Added: Also consider ALL factors such as: Not everyone has fast PCs, not everyone's hands are built the same(long fingers VS short stubby fingers), not everyone has a 300 button mouse.
    not that this is much of a rebuttal but, i'm sure if you were to asked/poll/interview members from DREAM paragon/method/vodka (name random top 10 guilds in the world here)...99.9999999999999% of them would be keybinders, why do you think when you are applying for serious/semi serious raiding guilds they require you to post a SS of your UI (its not because they wanna marvel in your UI), its because from looking at your UI, one can easily determine if your a clicker or a keybinder, and the moment they see your a clicker (while i dont know this first hand since i, myself am a keybinder but) you'll get mocked/trolled/instantly declined.

I used to be a clicker in bc/wrath, then come early cata i began to get the feeling that clicking was holding me back...that i wasn't preforming optimally clicking, and that my guild deserved for me to play at my best, so i switched to keybinding, and quite frankly never looked back, once i got used to the keybind set up i came up on my own, the rest was history...

There is one thing i can say about keybinding, that i see alot of people worry about (how can you remember multiple binds for multiple toons?). The answer is muscle memory i believe. After you've done something numerous times, and "smashed" the key enough times, you began to remember what key is does, and do it automatically.

While, i'll never say clicking is bad, I will say this. I do believe one can never truly play most optimally, if he/she is clicking.
    Last edited by Noujou; 2012-12-11 at 06:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noujou View Post
    not that this is much of a rebuttal but, i'm sure if you were to asked/poll/interview members from DREAM paragon/method/vodka (name random top 10 guilds in the world here)...99.9999999999999% of them would be keybinders, why do you think when you are applying for serious/semi serious raiding guilds they require you to post a SS of your UI (its not because they wanna marvel in your UI), its because from looking at your UI, one can easily determine if your a clicker or a keybinder, and the moment they see your a clicker (while i dont know this first hand since i, myself am a keybinder but) you'll get mocked/trolled/instantly declined.

I used to be a clicker in bc/wrath, then come early cata i began to get the feeling that clicking was holding me back...that i wasn't preforming optimally clicking, and that my guild deserved for me to play at my best, so i switched to keybinding, and quite frankly never looked back, once i got used to the keybind set up i came up on my own, the rest was history...

There is one thing i can say about keybinding, that i see alot of people worry about (how can you remember multiple binds for multiple toons?). The answer is muscle memory i believe. After you've done something numerous times, and "smashed" the key enough times, you began to remember what key is does, and do it automatically.

While, i'll never say clicking is bad, I will say this. I do believe one can never truly play most optimally, if he/she is clicking.
    First, idc about Top 10 Progression Guilds. I dont fall in that league, nor do i have the committment to.
    Second, i know you're not giving me a rebuttal, but you're still repeating what every Keybinder is saying without proof. Again, this is your personal preference.
    Maybe you feel you're doing better vs before. Maybe you have a Razor Naga and all your buttons are on your mouse. Maybe you dont, but have piano fingers to make reaching certain keys easier.

I'm pretty sure if you were a midget, clicking would be easier because they dont have the reach, in their fingers, to hit the appropiate keybinds(Especially using Shift or Click ones). There are numerous reasons why certain players PREFER playing one way VS another. Doesnt mean its better(until i see hands down proof).
    People keep saying muscle memory, well there's certain things in life that you dont care to remember or maybe cant. It comes down to whats important to remember.

I, myself, cant remember phone numbers, birthdates, even names of people sometime. With the technology given in todays society, i dont need to remember those things, just put in in my phone along with their name and set reminders. As far as people's names, if they arent useful to me at that moment or can be down the road, it doesnt matter. So, again, i only store important information in my brain, and just maybe, since i'm not striving to be in Top 10 World guilds, it doesnt matter.

Not like US progression guilds are awesome anyways, EU dominates in progression. Thats because, i think, WE DONT CARE, myself included. We're lazy Americans and worry about ourselves and what others can do for us. Welcome to world we live in.
    Last edited by Volbian; 2012-12-11 at 07:00 PM.

I raided Dragonsoul to completion on 10 toons. For MOP it will be 11. Learning the keybinds for 11 different max level toons is just insane.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I raided Dragonsoul to completion on 10 toons. For MOP it will be 11. Learning the keybinds for 11 different max level toons is just insane.
    It's not really hard to when you try to follow a similar pattern. For me:

- F is my interrupt for all characters that have one
    - G is my major defensive cooldown (like Shield Wall for warrior, IBF for DK, Desperate Prayer for my priest)
    - R is my refresh, like shout for warrior or horn for DK
    - 1 to 5 are my main abilities with 5 usually being an AoE and 1 being a taunt for all tank classes
    - Shift-R is always my trinket/human racial
    - Shift-Q/Shift-E are always stealth. If not a stealth class, they summon pets/minions
    - Q is always my quick "hit them with it" kinda thing, like outbreak for my DK, leap for warrior, mind spike for priest

If you follow a common ground between characters you find you can bind for everyone

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play almost exclusively as a hunter and I find it easier to move and shoot at the same time if I click most of my shots and abilities. I do use some macros and keybinds but they are a minority. I can see how if you had to stand still while attacking or casting keybinds would be helpful.