Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Why no rush to kill Heroic Elite Protectors?

Is any top guild pushing to kill this? I talked with my guild last night about this and someone mentioned he heard from someone in a top guild that they aren't interested in killing it, and that they are too busy to waste time on it.

It may not count for wowprogress/guildox points, but it is still a world first up for grabs, unless I've missed news of the first kill.

Top guilds are too interested in getting Sha down ASAP. I'm sure that those guilds who did kill Sha already will be doing Elite asap though, I don't see why not.

The guild I mentioned above was one that had already killed Sha, hence my confusion.

Deleted
    i think i read somewhere, that this boss is brutal on hm + elite, maybe guilds are already trying, but not able to down it

Ive heard it was tuned pretty heavily as well. I dont know if we are talking on par with or harder than sha, but with sha being the trophy, many guilds are probably willing to put more effort into downing him. I would imagine most guilds who've killed sha HM would be planning to kill this soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Because healing 200k/3s on everyone on the raid for multiple minutes doesn't seem even relatively close to doable this soon.
    sounds awesome =D

Because healing 200k/3s on everyone on the raid for multiple minutes doesn't seem even relatively close to doable this soon.
    Ah, that does sound rather brutal.

So is this overtuned, needing a fix, or will it be possible with people in near BiS? If it's possible perhaps this is the real 'final boss' in a way similar to 0 light (mathematically impossible, or so they thought).

Deleted
    Well if it is harder than Sha it'd make sense since Heroic Elite Protectors drops the highest iLvl loot in the tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    Ah, that does sound rather brutal.

So is this overtuned, needing a fix, or will it be possible with people in near BiS? If it's possible perhaps this is the real 'final boss' in a way similar to 0 light (mathematically impossible, or so they thought).
    The healing itself isn't that bad actually. It's not trivial, but healers have been able to heal significantly harder numbers. You can get a "feel" for how hard the healing is by doing it on normal elite mode.

The main deal is that there is a ton of kiting/movement going on in phase 3 and it's an absolute pain in the ass to make sure the correct 5 people are closest on a rotating basis to the heroic spawning add when it dies roughly every 10 seconds. It's like moving heroic Qiang on steroids. This, combined with the very strict dps/healing check means you either try to attempt it now with almost zero tolerance for mistakes, or gear up a bit and possibly do this with some workable failure.

Deleted
    You can't get a feel for shit on normal elite mode because it's a fucking joke

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boss is probably impossible.

The fight itself on heroic mode (done in the easiest order) is certainly one of the more difficult heroic bosses, but the elite mode is just hard numbers wise.

The DoT he places on your raid does 120k damage (the dungeon journal is pretty far off) and at around 4 minutes into the encounter your entire raid will have this DoT. This by itself really isn't that bad if you're doing Koalon first because you have the cleansing waters buff to take advantage of. Cleansing waters makes healing 50% stronger and effectively removes 20k damage off the DoT as you will self heal for 5% of your max health every 3 seconds.

Why is this hard with Koalon last? Koalon has the most health of the three and doing him last means he is going to take the longest by far, even with stacks of the debuff spread optimally. Doing Asani last takes around 90 seconds and that's with a 20 second 25% haste buffing your raid every 30-35 seconds. Koalon last on the otherhand means that your entire raid is now taking at least 180-200k damage from his debuff for about 3-4 minutes (you will have everybody with this debuff while you're killing the second protector).

Given his health, the lack of corrupted waters and cleansing waters you simply won't have the healing OR the DPS to kill him in time. Doing Koalon last is comparable to Asani starting with 20 stacks as soon as you started the last phase.

Now. If the the dungeon journal was correct and it did 65k damage in the first phase and kept getting buffed by 25% per protector dying it might be doable. But I think in current gear you're either going to not have enough healing, or not have enough dps.

Mechanically while there are a lot of moving parts, Koalon last is probably the easiest order as far as complexity goes. It however is the toughest number wise.

My guild killed this in 10 man on heroic elite. I didn't know it was such a feat. We have not killed Sha on heroic however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    My guild killed this in 10 man on heroic elite. I didn't know it was such a feat. We have not killed Sha on heroic however.
    Yeah, I'm gonna need to see some proof.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting

Fairly certain that's a world first. Pix or didn't happen.

Deleted
    out of all the things that didn't happen this didn't happen the most

HE Protectors is a pretty big gear check. I'm sure a lot of guilds just realize the numbers are against them right now without a couple lockouts worth of gearing farming H HoF and TotES as well as some valor upgrades.

The healing throughput and DPS requirement for HE Protectors is pretty damn crazy.

It's pretty easy, only a Dps Race to get more healers, on 10man you can forget about doing this with 2 healers, so you need enough dps to beat the enrage while doing it with 3 healer.

Nobody has killed it because it doesn't offer wowprogress points, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondlem View Post
    Nobody has killed it because it doesn't offer wowprogress points, simple as that.
    Yeah, because people only kill stuff to get points on wowprogress, not to get heroic elite loot.

Not everyone is all about ranking and wowprogress. Try having fun with your guild and killing something that's challenging