Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So my friend just got permabanned...

He's a total prick and probably deserved to be permabanned a long time ago. He's been banned literally probably 70 times for different things, most of which include harassment. He received the 'final warning' ban a long time ago and had gotten banned a few times since then. He's posted people's personal information in trade chat. He's extorted people for gold so he wouldn't tell everyone some of the stuff they've done. He's even threatened a few people in the past. So, I'd be lying if I said he didn't deserve it. However, I have to say, the straw that broke the camel's back was really stupid to me. He made a level 1 character and told someone something along the lines of "You're a broke loser and you don't have a dime to your name." And after all the horrible things he's done and said to people, THIS is what blizzard finally permabans him for? Doesn't that just seem silly to you? Granted, like I already said, he probably deserved it a long time ago anyway, but I have to admit I was stunned to find out that after all he did, he finally gets permabanned for this. He sent me the email about it. On one part of the email it said Account Under Investigation. And on another part it said Account Closed. So I'm wondering if there's anyway he can appeal this. He's going to call Blizzard as soon as he gets off work today to see if they're able to do anything about it. He's been a steady customer since 2007 and has even spent about another 75 bucks on the in game mounts you can buy. So... is there anyway he can get his account back? This has kinda scared him and I'm sure if Blizzard lets him back he'll finally have learned his lesson and will stop fucking with people.

And no...it's not me that this happened to, lol. I've received a few bans in the past but I haven't been banned in probably 2 years. Any help on this matter is appreciated. Thanks!

If he didn't learn his lesson the first 70 times, I am doubtful about his ability to learn it the 71st time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radoria View Post
    He's a total prick and probably deserved to be permabanned a long time ago.
    I stopped reading here.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance to him imo, this game needs less people like that.

70 suspensions in 5 years?

That's 14 every year, or at least 1 a month.

Blizzard is probably tired of dealing with this tool.

If he wants to come back, he'll have to get a new account.

Pretty sure he wont learn .. imo he sounds like a ass and if he realy got 70 warnings / chances ..... i personaly think that he will do it again next time he is *bored* or whatever ... ofc this wont stop him he will just go on and be horrible to people in other games.

there should realy be a *10 days internet ban* options out there to slow the trolls down.

10+ Year Old Account
    for everyone else's sake i hope there is no appeal. look at it this way, he got banned for some of the more 'severe' trolling/harrassment he's done in the past and after a lengthy probation period, got himself the ban hammer since he couldnt control himself. his last pathetic attempt washis final chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something mentally wrong if he didn't get the message the first 69 times, he got what he deserved regardless of how it came about... and it was legitimately.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

If you get perma-banned, that would mean that it's permanent. As in, will not change. If it's not a perma-ban, it's a suspension. Your friend has been suspended in the past. And I don't believe that it happened "70 times" either. Blizzard would have had absolutely zero issue kicking his ass to the curb a long time ago. Take a look at some of the rage posts made in both this forum, and on the official one. They don't let it go on anywhere near that long in the first place, and people have been perma'd much more quickly than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    An people say Blizzard doesn't ban anyone.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

It doesn't matter what the final offense was. Eventually, after so many, they're going to just ban them. It's a tally system. Frankly, it sounds like he completely deserves it. I've never been banned, and I have no sympathy for those that do. The game's better off without them. Here's to hope that the appeal doesn't work. Also, get new friends.

You know blizzard's motto:
    Fool us 70 or fewer times, shame on you. Fool us 71 or more times, shame on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Blizzard are thinking with their budget in mind, they should have some balls and actually perma-ban people sooner.
    Yeah I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on this one.

Nothing makes me squeal more in delight than to have somebody make a level 1 toon on my faction/server to tell me off.

Also this game would be terribly boring if everyone just went around hugging and being nice to each other. I dunno, maybe I dont get enough drama in my real life.

He's a total prick and probably deserved to be permabanned a long time ago. He's been banned literally probably 70 times for different things, most of which include harassment.
    Knowing this, why the hell did you bother making a topic?
    He doesn't deserve his account back and we don't want him to have it back. Why would we help get someone who is repeatedly horrible to people back in the game?

He got what he deserved. What does annoy me is how people like him are not permanently banned immediately. People like him are a virus in the community. It spreads, as people see the slack Blizzard has towards their community they push the limit. In a matter of months and years your community (as it has today) turns into a cesspit.

I know we tend to focus just on the negative, but there is little positive to focus on when it comes to the WoW community at the moment. I've had death threats because I undercut someone, and everything between that and general trolling...

10+ Year Old Account
    People actually pay money to be a dick heh whoever knew.

And too quote what you said first off you say he is a total dick and deserves it then you say "So... is there anyway he can get his account back?" if you had half a brain you applaud blizzard the guy obviously deserves it.
    Last edited by starkey; 2012-12-03 at 09:02 PM.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

15+ Year Old Account
    u call this kid ur friend? "Show me your friends, and I'll tell you who you are"

He's a total prick and probably deserved to be permabanned a long time ago. He's been banned literally probably 70 times for different things, most of which include harassment. He received the 'final warning' ban a long time ago and had gotten banned a few times since then. He's posted people's personal information in trade chat. He's extorted people for gold so he wouldn't tell everyone some of the stuff they've done. He's even threatened a few people in the past. So, I'd be lying if I said he didn't deserve it.
    Some friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a total prick and probably deserved to be permabanned a long time ago. He's been banned literally probably 70 times for different things, most of which include harassment. He received the 'final warning' ban a long time ago and had gotten banned a few times since then. He's posted people's personal information in trade chat. He's extorted people for gold so he wouldn't tell everyone some of the stuff they've done. He's even threatened a few people in the past. So, I'd be lying if I said he didn't deserve it. However, I have to say, the straw that broke the camel's back was really stupid to me. He made a level 1 character and told someone something along the lines of "You're a broke loser and you don't have a dime to your name." And after all the horrible things he's done and said to people, THIS is what blizzard finally permabans him for? Doesn't that just seem silly to you? Granted, like I already said, he probably deserved it a long time ago anyway, but I have to admit I was stunned to find out that after all he did, he finally gets permabanned for this. He sent me the email about it. On one part of the email it said Account Under Investigation. And on another part it said Account Closed. So I'm wondering if there's anyway he can appeal this. He's going to call Blizzard as soon as he gets off work today to see if they're able to do anything about it. He's been a steady customer since 2007 and has even spent about another 75 bucks on the in game mounts you can buy. So... is there anyway he can get his account back? This has kinda scared him and I'm sure if Blizzard lets him back he'll finally have learned his lesson and will stop fucking with people.

And no...it's not me that this happened to, lol. I've received a few bans in the past but I haven't been banned in probably 2 years. Any help on this matter is appreciated. Thanks!
    I don't really know who your friend is, but usually when you get permanently banned, you deserve it, as you stated. I hope he doesn't get back into the game, and let this be a lesson to him going into future games or other online or hell not even online social conventions. I bet he's a pushover in real life isn't he? Like he's so nice you could walk all over him and he'd say, "Thanks" even though he shouldn't be thankful.

Sorry but online assholes make me pity them. No one is badass over the internet. Period.
    Call me House.

Blizzard doesn't permabann someone quickly, but after 70 times the ban-volcano broke out and his account is gone. I don't think that after so many warnings that there is a possible way to restore his account. Even if it is unlocked, in one month he will do something like this again and will get banned again.