Obtained Winterspring Frostsaber without being exalted?

Hello. As the title states, I today discovered that I have somehow obtained a Winterspring Frostsaber without being exalted with the Wintersaber Trainers. I am in fact neutral.

I discovered this when browsing through my achievements, and I noticed that amongst the 5 most recent achievements was "Winterspring Frostsaber" obtained 2nd of December 2012.

Does anyone have a good explanation for this?

Did you recently race change or realm change?

Sometimes they mess up the conversion.

funny u say this as on the 1st of December i got 5 acheivments on my priest that i never even tried to get or had on any other toon

15+ Year Old Account
    If you have Venomhide Ravasaur on a horde character, it gets converted to the Winterspring Frostsaber when you play an alliance character.

I had a related experience with achievements yesterday. I received the 9k point achievement with only 8925 total points.

Quote Originally Posted by hugsofdeath View Post
    Did you recently race change or realm change?

Sometimes they mess up the conversion.
    Nope, nothing of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    If you have Venomhide Ravasaur on a horde character, it gets converted to the Winterspring Frostsaber when you play an alliance character.
    Yes, I suspected this as well. I play my ally toons all the time, and yesterday I logged onto a druid I hardly ever use that has the Venomhide Raptor. It's not the first time I log him though, but perhaps for a few weeks, so the change has to be quite recent?
    Anyway, thanks for clearing up.

Likely related to this bug from a few days ago. Alts started picking up achievements from other characters on the Battle.Net account.

doesn't it change the faction as well though? so she/he would still be exalted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Likely related to this bug from a few days ago. Alts started picking up achievements from other characters on the Battle.Net account.
    Kind of what I was thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of horde only mounts got made to transfer to alliance recently and vice versa. Though IDK how many, what I would like to see is this go into place for the tourny mounts, I certiantly don't want to lose them when I change.

For instance, I have 60 mounts on an alliance char and 120 on my horde. No idea why this is. If i have a sunreaver, I should have the silver covenant equivalent.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    I have quite a few mounts that got converted with 5.1. Spectral Wolf -> Horse, all of my Horde mammoths (glad I didn't end up buying the Tundra one on Alliance), Spectral Wyvern -> Gryphon, Venomhide Ravasaur -> Frostsaber, Sunreaver Dragonhawk -> Silver Covenant Hippogryph (this is the only Tournament mount I have that got converted. I don't have the Sunreaver ground mount though, no idea if it does).

Sad that the Black War PVP mounts and other Tournament mounts didn't make it.

same here after making my horde char to an alliance char
    but i farmed this faction afterwards