Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Cata was hard?
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Early Cata was hard tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    2. Mindbender > Solace, almost always. With the buff, Mindbender is now 15% every minute. To get the same with solace, that is... 10 casts a minute... If your mana regen is so bad you have to casts 0 cost spells for 15 seconds every minute that do 0 healing, outside of a fight like Elegon where there are moment designed for that, you might want to go back to 5 mans.
    Does that math take into account casting SF every 3 minutes? Cause if not that decreases the amount of solaces needed.

Another thing of note, if you happen to be going with Solace for whatever reason, using an instant mana pot is better than the 10 seconds lost by focus.
    Last edited by ramennoodleking; 2012-12-04 at 07:54 PM.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Does that math take into account casting SF every 3 minutes? Cause if not that decreases the amount of solaces needed.

Another thing of note, if you happen to be going with Solace for whatever reason, using an instant mana pot is better than the 10 seconds lost by focus.
    Yes it does. Here is is if you want, it's rather simple.

S.Feind Mana + Solace Mana = Mindbender Manax3
    24% + X = 45%
    X = 21% mana needed from Solace to offset

21% / .7% per casts = 30 casts in 3 minutes, or 10 casts per minute.

And yea, Insta-pot would prob win over Focus for Solace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please do not turn this into a pissing contest as Danner said it is a useful topic. I don't really see this as directed to cutting edge progression guild. Not agreeing with macroing your mana pots not seeing any advantage tbh? I find mindbender to be a better option than solace 8/10, I am going to go out on a limb and say that in most scenarios if you have a lot of time spamming solace someone is picking up your slack. Perhaps you have theorycrafting to prove otherwise but I am having a hard time seeing CoH glyph being advantageous to the other standard majors.

One of the best tips I think for mastering mana management is to learn the pace of the fight down to a T. When is there consistant pulsing damage, when is it spikey, AoE oriented, heavy tank healing. Use a timer if it helps, is there a lull even if for only 5 secs? Perhaps during phase transitions? Play with inner will and fire and see if you can try and find place and pace to switch between them. Try and be proactive in planning your healing instead of reactive.

If the encounter / your cd rotation allows for it use GS as throughput cd to reserve your mana for a cheaper spell selection for the duration. Time cascade with partial blanket renews in serenity to refresh the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Perhaps you have theorycrafting to prove otherwise but I am having a hard time seeing CoH glyph being advantageous to the other standard majors.
    There's a better glyph to use than this? What? Renew?

I personally use it yea 35% more mana, but it's still not THAT expensive tbh.

Lightspring + lightwell + CoH

The only one I MIGHT see switching CoH for is PoM just for a quick emergency heal via divine insight proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    THIS x1000

10+ Year Old Account
    Try to synchronize Shadowfiend/Mindbender and Mana Tap (if you have it) so that you're using them (obviously not for the first time in the fight) right after Hymm of Hope. Since both abilities return a percentage of total mana, they double-dip with the +15% temp buff to total mana from the Hymm. (A quick check of Wowhead shows that it looks like this should still work in MoP.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually you cast Shadowfiend/bender first, then hymn of hope directly after.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    I personally use it yea 35% more mana, but it's still not THAT expensive tbh.

Lightspring + lightwell + CoH

The only one I MIGHT see switching CoH for is PoM just for a quick emergency heal via divine insight proc.
    PoM Glyph + DI is pretty dumb considering you're losing that instant bouncing charge and overall it's lower HPS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Yes, I usually run lightspring + lightwell + pom or lightwell + pom + renew.

Deleted
    ive switched back to disc recently, it then highlighted the "relative weakness" of other classes regen when stressed. not just holy.

i saw mentioned earlier in the thread about pre-pulling and using sanc / lightwell, thats awesome TBH. it IS free mana.

for the lightwell / spring BTW, are people proccing all trinkets etc to get the most out of it? pre pull i use inner fire, spark the Qin-XI trinket, jade spirit and lightweave(then switch cloak to one enchanted darkglow), once the buffs are running i cast lightwell.

whether someone can clarify if this actually does something or not (the tooltip changes, i cant tell specifics on recount)

Deleted
    Lightwell/spring updates dynamically based on your spellpower at the time of proc rather than when originally cast, sadly.

Priest glyphs is not in a good state. Holy no exception.

The only glyph I can wholeheartedly recommend is the Glyph of Lightspring. It is awesome and you need it.

The rest of the lineup is pretty unimportant.

Glyph of ProM is good... unless you're in a fight where it will always jump 5 times. And there are many of those fights.
    Glyph of Renew is decent... if you actually use the spell a lot. That sort of requires Serenity stance, which isn't that common.
    Glyph of CoH is great... if you are swimming in mana. If that was the case, this thread would not exist.
    Glyph of Lightwell... is so bad that the fact that we even consider it says everything about the remaining choices.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    Don't discount glyph of inner sanctum, it is superb on some fights, and assuming your healers aren't the "spam everything with a deficit" type, can actually be a mana saver too.

Hm. I hadn't actually considered that glyph for a while. Good thinking, rectitude. I'll try that one out when I get home
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    Another thing your healing team will probably want to keep in mind while raiding is that, as Holy, our strongest single target and raid-wide cooldowns, respectively Guardian Spirit and Divine Hymn, also add a healing buff to their targets (GS = 60% increased healing from the priest for 10 seconds, DH = 10% healing received for 8 seconds).

Deleted
    In my earlier reply I also forgot to suggest glyph of spirit of redemption. This thing can be spectacular. 25 seconds of free "spam anything you like/need/want" is just wow, and can easily be the difference in securing an early kill or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprized this wasn't mentioned, even I completely forgot about it, but it is something I did the first month while mana was still tight for me. Inner Will.

Holy has a TON of instant spells: Renew, CoH, PoM, Sanc (actually counts as Instant for Inner Will, though Lightwell doesn't... w/e blizz), Serenity, lvl 90 talents, PW:S. Pretty much every spell you cast is instant, well, not quite, but a ton of them. Inner Will will add up over the course of a fight, heck, when we were progression on H Feng, I would activily switch between Inner's for Low/High damage periods. Yes, you lose 10% Spellpower, and that is a good amount, not even gonna try to say it isn't, but if mana is really a problem for you, Inner Will will make it last quite a bit longer. Used to use it on H Spine, and I could tell when I didn't switch for that fight as I'd be the difference between OOM at 7 minutes and fine.

Obviously, if going Inner Will causes your healin team throughput issue, maybe not a great idea (could flask Int instead, Inner Will + Int flask is more regen than Inner Fire + Spirit, and less of a throughput nerf)