Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Priest glyphs is not in a good state. Holy no exception.

The only glyph I can wholeheartedly recommend is the Glyph of Lightspring. It is awesome and you need it.

The rest of the lineup is pretty unimportant.

Glyph of ProM is good... unless you're in a fight where it will always jump 5 times. And there are many of those fights.
    Glyph of Renew is decent... if you actually use the spell a lot. That sort of requires Serenity stance, which isn't that common.
    Glyph of CoH is great... if you are swimming in mana. If that was the case, this thread would not exist.
    Glyph of Lightwell... is so bad that the fact that we even consider it says everything about the remaining choices.

The glyph of lightwell, adds charges to lightspring does it not??

Yes. It adds a whooping two of them.
    By all means, it's better than nothing, and I'm not debating that this is translating into more HPS. It's rare for my lightwell not to be exhausted after all.
    ... but ask yourself truthfully now, is that remotely changing how you play this game?
    And if it isn't, is it then really qualifying as a glyph?

Toungue-in-cheek, I would like to add a few similarly non-gamechanging glyphs with positive but ultimately pointless effects:
    - Glyph of Heal: Heal now heals for 20 more.
    - Glyph of Prayer of Healing: Increases your mastery by 1 point when casting PoH
    - Glyph of Greater Heal: Adds a 5% extra crit chance to GHeal when target is above 50% HP.
    - Glyph of Holy Fire mk 2: If Holy fire is the first attacking spell (the one that pulls a mob), the dot is twice as strong.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

I wouldn't mind the 20% heal glyph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Priest glyphs is not in a good state. Holy no exception.

The only glyph I can wholeheartedly recommend is the Glyph of Lightspring. It is awesome and you need it.

The rest of the lineup is pretty unimportant.

Glyph of ProM is good... unless you're in a fight where it will always jump 5 times. And there are many of those fights.
    Glyph of Renew is decent... if you actually use the spell a lot. That sort of requires Serenity stance, which isn't that common.
    Glyph of CoH is great... if you are swimming in mana. If that was the case, this thread would not exist.
    Glyph of Lightwell... is so bad that the fact that we even consider it says everything about the remaining choices.
    Man Danner, you remind me so much of yourself back in Cata. You should preface you're statements with "in my own personal raiding experience."

1.) glyph of lightspring is awesome, but you don't need it. This falls back to everyone's personal raiding position, but in even semi-competitive raiding Lightwell is actually better unglyphed since it can be used as a seperate raid CD.
    2.) glyphs are like talents: interchangeable as the fight dictates. Glyph of ProM isn't terrible, just situational. And it's ok to just be situational, gives choice.
    3.) use of renew does not require serenity. Try using it in tsulong or garalon, and then rethink your stance. It's probably more suited in tens, but still useful. In this case glyphing it just makes it hit its hi mark quicker. Situational, but again, that's ok.
    4.) I was using glyph of CoH in blues and greens in raid. It's increased healing at a marginal mana increase. You don't have to be swimming in mana, just have to know how to conserve. I've never taken off this glyph, it's a straight output increase.
    5.) I havnt personally use glyph of Lightwell, but it does seem a bit underwhelming. Two extra charges equates to 6-8 throughout the fight, though, so I guess it's alright, though I'd say it could use a buff.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

HolyLathusDisc:
    20, not 20%. I'd take that 20% heal glyph too!
    Not because I use the spell a lot, but because it's at least a solid boost that would make the spell really good!

--

Ramennoodleking:
    I can do that preface as a signature, if that helps. It is no secret that the posts I write are merely opinions. If forums only consisted of everyone writing irrefutable facts, life would be boring. I convince some people of my point of view, and in turn I am convinced of other people's point of view. If I learn something in the process, that's even better.

1: Agreed, if you have a competent raid. Discussed to death though!
    2: Also agreed. I like this glyph, honestly. I just feel it's always something I have to consider swapping out. That makes it more fight-situational and less style-situational. I'd like talents to be mainly fight-situational and glyphs to be mainly style-situational. But that may not be the design intent... but then what is the design difference ?
    3: I'll agree on situational at least. Personally don't like this glyph, so I may be jaded.
    4: It's a great glyph on boss #3 in MSV. With infinite mana, it kicks ass during that final burndown phase.
    5: Frankly, it annoys me that it passed through the release in it current state. The only glyph that annoys me more is Glyph of Levitate.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

I honestly don't see any glyph as HOLY better then lightwell.

If you think about it, in a final phase at 5% everyone is going amg dyinggg and those 2 extra charges could be what kept 2 more people alive to do that last 1% of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post

If you think about it, in a final phase at 5% everyone is going amg dyinggg and those 2 extra charges could be what kept 2 more people alive to do that last 1% of damage.
    If it's still up.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post

Lol trust me, no glyph is that important.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Lol trust me, no glyph is that important.
    True that. Although, go play another class and you'll see how insanely boring their glyphs are. Most do absolutely nothing really.. at least we have choices and they do provide us with stuff. I usually swap between Lightwell and Renew on varying fights.

Fade is pretty amazing on Heroic Empress since we are so squishy (as Holy or Disc, but moreso Holy).
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    Nice little guide, thanks.

A trick I've read about and started using is, if someone is low on health, Void Shift, then Desperate Prayer. It's saved many lives.

Just make sure you're not taking damage at the time. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I stopped reading when I saw the part about PW:Solace. I mean seriously...