Thread: Is Veigar good?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Is Veigar good?

Hey everyone, new player here.

I've just started playing LoL and having a lot of fun with Veigar.

I was just curious, is he a champ that's able to compete at high skill levels? I was told many champs are fun but not viable outside of casual games.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    There is almost no champ that isnt completely viable in high elo. Sure there are champs which are easy to counter but in the end its in the hand of the player.

Veigar for instance is easy to shut down early when ganked and with certain champs but when he hita certain amount of items/ap and his e is well placed he can easily decide a teamfight in an instant. If im not mistaken, veigar is played from time to time by Vman7 and Nyjacky. Dont know of any others.

If we're talking solo queue then almost anything works if you're an exceptional player with that champ and you're confident in your abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Hey everyone, new player here.

I've just started playing LoL and having a lot of fun with Veigar.

I was just curious, is he a champ that's able to compete at high skill levels? I was told many champs are fun but not viable outside of casual games.
    Veigar is a late game carry. Farm up your Q (like Nasus), and just burst people down. Unlike Nasus, he doesn't rely on Q farm and can insta-gib most AP carries with his ult.

His only failing is lack of good escape, but his stun works fine if you don't mind not having it for a little while. Certainly not a bad champ in the right situation

10+ Year Old Account
    Only bad thing about playing veigar for the first time, is getting pro at his gates... you'll kick yourself in the butt when you miss place it and end up getting gank... ah, those memories are still in my brain.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    He hits reallllly hard but I miss not having an escape on him. You also have to farm very well (and get some solid kills) to take advantae of his Q passive.

His single target burst is fantastic though, not many toons who can do more. Pretty good stun for teamfights and a good passive for helping him stay in lane to farm.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

Good? No
    Playable? Go for it. The game is a game and you should play it for fun. Every champ has weaknessess and can be shut down veigar's are just more obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Veigar, Papa Smurf be smurfin those smurfers right in their smurf-holes!

All fun aside Veigar is your typical Glass-Cannon - tons of damage out, tons of damage in. As others have mentioned his greatest weakness is mobility and escapes. I'd recommend only playing him in ranked if you're in a premade that can protect him. Veigar with ~1kAP and a Lichbane melts towers and almost everything else in his way.
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is the epitome of glass cannon. He can pretty much 100-0 anything that's not a tank on the other team. So if you are looking for a burst mage he is quite good, but he is countered fairly easily.

I wouldn't necessarily say he is that great though. I haven't (not that I ever did really) played him with the new dfg. It should make his burst hit even harder, but I haven't seen it in action. He is a bitch to play against though since if you get caught out you are pretty much going to die. And the longer a game goes on, the more powerful he gets because of his Q.

He is a bit outdated. He gets countered and shut down extremely hard quite easily.

Veigar is probably THE champion with the highest damage potential in the whole game, but being extremely squishy and having no escape methods hurts him a LOT. Though, with the new items, maybe he has a better chance at surviving.

Just don't expect to do crazy damage early on, since you need to farm, and focus on not getting killed. His damage comes crashing in later. Boy, does he hurt then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Veigar is probably THE champion with the highest damage potential in the whole game, but being extremely squishy and having no escape methods hurts him a LOT. Though, with the new items, maybe he has a better chance at surviving.

Just don't expect to do crazy damage early on, since you need to farm, and focus on not getting killed. His damage comes crashing in later. Boy, does he hurt then.
    On 6 you can instagib any AP carry that doesn't somehow build defensive (RoA/Abyssal) if you manage to hit all your abilities. Before that, no deal on damage.

As has been said before, he fell out of favour due to the ever increasing favouratism of gap-closing champions, both in mid as in toplane. I also feel that building glass-cannon really fell out of favour for AP mids, not many go without an abyssal, RoA, hourglass or other item these days. Having a Negatron Cloak early on already helps a ton against a Veigar.

He is fun, a good Veigar can decide teamfights by taking out targets one by one, but he is a lot stronger if you fight by catching someone out, nuking and killing, disengaging during cooldowns and then going in again. His damage and usefulness in teamfights comes in bursts mostly. So a prolonged teamfight would benefit a lot more from a... Vlad spamming his shit, or any other AP, than Veig.

Deleted
    He can SWALLOW YOUR SOUL. Of course he is good!

Deleted
    he lacks mobility for competetive play, but he's not a BAD champion. If you become good with him, you will instagib so many people that they will buy him in rage.

Deleted
    He has the best voice in-game. That alone makes him good.

10+ Year Old Account
    you are guarented one kill when ur ult is off cd

Veigar is no longer viable =/

Deleted
    You don't see him as often in pro gaming tournaments and what not, but if played well any champ can be viable in ranked. Depends on what the match up is. But Veigar is very squishy later game and can be easily shut down with ganks.

Quote Originally Posted by derp singed View Post
    There is almost no champ that isnt completely viable in high elo. Sure there are champs which are easy to counter but in the end its in the hand of the player.
    I'd like to stress this, but with a slight change. There is no champion that isn't good enough if you have the dedication to and feeling for that champion. Play what you love, master it, experiment with all the builds you can, and you can make wonders happen.

Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    I'd like to stress this, but with a slight change. There is no champion that isn't good enough if you have the dedication to and feeling for that champion. Play what you love, master it, experiment with all the builds you can, and you can make wonders happen.
    See Regis LB. But you have to be REALLY REALLY good with a champion to make it happen.