Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Read GC's twitter, basically he is insinuating a massive blood fear nerf is inc as well, they just need to see how badly locks are doing now before "final approval" after the Chaos Wave nerf.
    If they want to nerf blood fear they need to sort out the ludicrous level of lockdowns and overall cc that everyone got.

PvP is frustrating as hell now with even some healers having 3 times the amount of cc warlocks have.

Good, Blood Fear is a disgraceful and unskilled talent, I spit on it. Give me some real CC like in Cataclysm, and cut down all the retarded instants that other specs get for free. If they plain out nerf Blood Fear without any compensation though, we might as well stop playing. It doesn't take half a brain to realize that MoP's warlock model would've never worked in PvP... We warned them, but no, they're the geniuses that have failed to balance this game with 7 years of experience.
    As for the CC and survivability thread, should I revive it?

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 08:15 PM ----------

Good, Blood Fear is a disgraceful and unskilled talent, I spit on it. Give me some real CC like in Cataclysm, and cut down all the retarded instants that other specs get for free. If they plain out nerf Blood Fear without any compensation though, we might as well stop playing. It doesn't take half a brain to realize that MoP's warlock model would've never worked in PvP... We warned them, but no, they're the geniuses that have failed to balance this game with 7 years of experience.

Cool, now my chaos wave hits for 100k to a target dummy with 35k sp and dark soul.
    My boomkin that has 17k spellpower hits 130k with starsurge with cooldowns.
    Last edited by Dzinni; 2012-12-08 at 07:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 08:15 PM ----------

Someone is upset that they aren't special anymore.

Destruction Warlocks in Cataclysm never took any skill either. Or any class for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post

Destruction Warlocks in Cataclysm never took any skill either. Or any class for that matter.
    That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. What I'm wondering though is what you're doing in a thread writing an off-topic post to supposedly bash me... Seems quite silly if you ask me, especially when I didn't even mention the word Destruction in my post. Unfounded grudge maybe?

This sucks for PvE too. I wonder why they can't give us additional charges for Chaos Wave. They usually do that for PvP nerds.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaldarius View Post
    This sucks for PvE too. I wonder why they can't give us additional charges for Chaos Wave. They usually do that for PvP nerds.
    We never used chaos wave -.- pvE wise

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    We never used chaos wave -.- pvE wise
    No it wasn't used in the current fights, but it served a purpose of having burst AoE damage, that burst is curtailed severely now. Someone in this thread made the point it was for RBG's where it's gotten popular to get a DK/Warlock combo to grip -> CWx2 to take out multiple targets at once or at least do such damage it's hard to recover from. I can see the logic in that, if it was indeed becoming a popular tactic. So I get that there was a reason for them to nerf it, I just not particularly fond of how they handled it. I would have prefered the Chaos Bolt treatment where part of the damage was done as a dot, like the normal HoG works.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    No it wasn't used in the current fights, but it served a purpose of having burst AoE damage, that burst is curtailed severely now. Someone in this thread made the point it was for RBG's where it's gotten popular to get a DK/Warlock combo to grip -> CWx2 to take out multiple targets at once or at least do such damage it's hard to recover from. I can see the logic in that, if it was indeed becoming a popular tactic. So I get that there was a reason for them to nerf it, I just not particularly fond of how they handled it. I would have prefered the Chaos Bolt treatment where part of the damage was done as a dot, like the normal HoG works.
    HoG x2 seems much more devastating in RBGs than Chaos Wave, unless there's a priest smart enough to mass dispel. I wonder if players will be switching more to HoGx2 instead of Chaos Wave, although it's subject to easy dispels and all snare breakers (needs a major fix btw...)

@ people saying "good please nerf blood fear and give us some real cc", you really dont want blood fear to get nerfed. Blizzard will not give compensation if they nerf it.

They will give a blanket (probably stealth hotfix) nerf with no other changes. Blood fear is the only thing left keeping warlocks anywhere near viable. As 'unskilled' as it is.

Chaos wave was already terrible. The higher ups found out that los'ing the wave after it was cast caused it to do 0 damage. If he manages to keep you out in the open while cc'ing your healer with all cooldowns popped why shouldn't he be able to kill you?

Quote Originally Posted by scmpoe View Post
    @ people saying "good please nerf blood fear and give us some real cc", you really dont want blood fear to get nerfed. Blizzard will not give compensation if they nerf it.

They will give a blanket (probably stealth hotfix) nerf with no other changes. Blood fear is the only thing left keeping warlocks anywhere near viable. As 'unskilled' as it is.
    You're probably right, but honestly, I might prefer to just get it over with and fuck us over altogether. At least if you remove the only thing we have left, even the top locks (despite overall representation, locks have always had a huge number of very skilled/dedicated players at the top) will reroll or fall out of rankings as well. Might be the only way to see any kind of real changes that we need.

Forget about buffs/nerfs/etc - does anyone really enjoy being forced into a 2mindCD wonder/BloodFear bitch playstyle? I want Aff back, I want Destro and Demo to be dangerous more than once ever 2minutes, I want control outside of Fear, I want to not have the lowest innate dmg reduction of any class in the game, etc. Maybe we need to hit rock bottom before we get buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    Maybe we need to hit rock bottom before we get buffs.
    I get what you mean, and I agree with what you want. All those things would be nice. A company that actually focused on PvP would be able to provide them.

Thing is though, Blizzard's track record is so bad, if they remove Blood Fear, or wreck it in some way, and all the Warlocks drop from ladders in arenas, chances are, that will be that. There will be no further fixes.

We can make friends with Elemental Shaman and Rogues, and sit out this entire expansion.

I think it's ok to remove burst from CW but it should gain something else in return. We will always compare it to its alternative, HoG, which now does more damage, gives you soulfire procs and costs no fury. The only reason to cast CW was burst so if they take that away and give nothing in return... what's the point of it? They should have given it an utility buff or even a soulfire proccing dot to give us a reason to use it.

I hope they replace bloodfear with something entirely different and hopefully useful. I think bloodfear was a mistake and Xelnath was leaning to that direction also.
    Last edited by 6kle; 2012-12-05 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post

You sir have no idea what Destruction Warlocks were like in Cataclysm.

Was doing 170k crits before the patch, now barely going over 100k. 33% my a**..

Deleted
    So demo now officially is dead for pve!?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaendwich View Post
    So demo now officially is dead for pve!?

Demo hasn't changed in PvE, we never use CW as HoG gets your FAR more DF and gives better AoE spread/dps per cast

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    First Combustion, now this, this truly is the end time
    Whats next? o_o
    Maybe they'll buff shadow priests?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Maybe they'll buff shadow priests?
    Or frost bomb? =)