"Groin Numbness"

Okay so here some background info.
    Im a 6'2 overweight male and just recently got back into riding my bicycle, iv been at it almost 2 weeks.
    A few days(when i started riding again) into my bike riding routine i ran over a bush because i was going too fast and my seat got a little loose and wierd, didn't get around to adjusting it until todays ride.
    i took out an L wrench and adjusted it to point slightly downward so it wouldnt make my butt hurt, and then went for my ride.
    I did my daily 5 miles with only taking two short breaks at stop lights and then my second wind hit and raced to my home, as soon as i sat down my "john" felt like my leg when it falls asleep.

anyways what should i do?

PS: i ride a mountain bike, it has a narrow seat

Deleted
    Go see a doctor?

15+ Year Old Account
    you probably moved the seat too much so that you are putting pressure on the prenial (sp?) artery. keep the seat level, and if the problem repeats i'd look into getting a better saddle, one with a prenial groove (not entirley sure on the spelling or pronounciation of the artery, but its the one that runs between your legs and modern seats have a groove or hole to avoid putting pressure on it)

i imagine it will just be a passing thing, if it persists as coolkingler1 said - go see a doctor.

10+ Year Old Account
    My right nut has gotten numb a couple of times after some time on one of the bikes in my gym. Went back to normal within minutes though.

Saddle is impacting the wrong area. Move it forward or back or just get a new saddle if necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    you probably moved the seat too much so that you are putting pressure on the prenial (sp?) artery. keep the seat level, and if the problem repeats i'd look into getting a better saddle, one with a prenial groove (not entirley sure on the spelling or pronounciation of the artery, but its the one that runs between your legs and modern seats have a groove or hole to avoid putting pressure on it)

i imagine it will just be a passing thing, if it persists as coolkingler1 said - go see a doctor.
    That's the pudendal artery.

Don't bother getting a seat with a hole. The holes and groves are ineffective at improving blood flow (page 5)

Take the narrow saddle and toss it in the trash.

Get at least a wide saddle with gel padding, or better, get a hornless seat like one of these pair.

Also, sit upright rather than leaned forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll likely need a wider saddle. Consider placing a tinfoil sheet on a flat chair and sit on it, to see where you sit bones lie. From there, you can figure out what kind of seat that you need.

Also, how long do you ride? I would suggest against using gel seats. They appear comfortable initially, but the gel is too compliant and moves in places it shouldn't. A harder, more stable seat will keep it's shape on long rides, supporting your butt where it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    Also, how long do you ride? I would suggest against using gel seats. They appear comfortable initially, but the gel is too compliant and moves in places it shouldn't. A harder, more stable seat will keep it's shape on long rides, supporting your butt where it should.
    This. You want support for longer rides.

Grab one of those Banana seats.