Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I soloed Naj'entus as a level 85 hunter in patch 5.0... Pet just dpsing without growl, me tanking it :S If you can't solo him now something is clearly wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Anyone know how to solo Viscidus as a Shadow Priest?

I have absolutely zero problems freezing him, but even with Berserking, Shadowfiend, a Dagger, and my Ghost Iron Dragonling, I can't shatter him.
    I tried multiple times last week on my shadow priest and was unable to shatter it also. The hotfix that just went in in the last day or so should make it very possible as long as you equip a fast MH. Mindbender only casts magic attacks from the immune messages. I am not sure if shadowfied behaves the same. I will have to test it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mgs View Post
    I think it's a spec/gear thing rather than level. Don't be an elitist, thanks.
    It's not elitism to expect a person to play the game on a barely mediocre level before complaining that something is "impossible".

Tried as tank in greens
    Why are you doing it in greens? You're entirely handicapped against boss level mobs because of the way combat ratings work. Level-appropriate greens don't have enough of an item budget to get you more than a pittance of hit/exp. And why are you doing it in a tank spec? The only reason to ever use a tank spec would be if incoming damage is too high, which it isn't for any boss in BT.

Soloing old raid content is something you do once you've geared up your character and have run out of things to do. Doing it with no gear and the wrong spec isn't going to be easy. It should still be doable in your DPS spec if you blow cooldowns. Sustain 50k dps for 1 minute by chaining cooldowns on a low armor boss.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 07:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Are you kidding? The first boss is easily killable. It's RoS that's the problem.
    It isn't anymore. Spirit Shock is cast every 15 seconds, even if you don't interrupt it, Second Wind will easily outheal it. Just don't blow yourself up - slow and steady wins phase 2.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 08:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kabria View Post
    I was unable to kill Illidan due to the amount of damage the fire things put out. I just could not dps them fast enough and survive.
    Stand next to one add - nuke the FAR asap. They do 500% damage when away from the glaive that spawned them. Once you burn down the far one, the close one will not hurt much.

Feel free to save cooldowns for this phase, Illidan himself doesn't hit anywhere near hard enough so the rest of the fight is easy.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    If you're a DPS class.

Had to multibox BT (probably still have to even with nerfs) as a Holy paladin. RoS couldn't down at all due to the needing enough DPS to down it before needing <1 sec stuns (a lot easier in a group if you had 4+ players, as it would concentrate on one party of 3).

DPS race fights suck big time, as it's only tailored for them. Tricky mechanics would be better, so it's just not faceroll stuff (but that requires thinking, and at this stage of WoW raiding, h-a-r-d for too many).
    I know a holy paladin thats rank 8 in the brawlers guild, Holy shocks crit for like 200k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger View Post
    The boss giving me trouble is the Twin Emperors, they seem to be immune to most of my attacks. Frost DK, with the constant immune to attack things popping up I can't get them down fast enough. Oh and Patchwerk, definitely need something tank specced to deal with him.
    blood rofl's through all of naxx, just use the spec, you'll only really need tank gear for i think its Razuious (guy who you usually tank with mindcontrolled npc) as he hits super hard.

and good luck on the twins hehe

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a spec/gear thing rather than level. Don't be an elitist, thanks.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 11:46 PM ----------

Will try in DPS spec. Tried as tank in greens - no way.
    Every dps spec can do 40k dps in full 450 blues, especially on a target dummy fight like him. It simple requires that you know your class.

Now, if you don't have at least full 450 blues at 90, you should probably get some given that itll make soloing anything significantly easier.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 01:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    What class? I couldn't beat Culling of Stratholme at 85 until I came back with an Enhancement Shaman. Why? Because I was using an Arcane Mage before and getting too much spell-stalling and being a clothy just made it brutal.
    I solod CoS H at 80 in full Cata 308s as an Arcane. It required the heavy usage of kiting and quick bursting, fortunately, most mobs died in 2-3 hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    People are so fast to call something impossible, just because they can't do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    It seems that if you can't do something in a few minutes or if it takes a bit of effort (or god forbid some actual thinking!) then it's "broken" and blizzard needs to "fix" it...

So, true, i didn't try this in dps spec before posting, so thanks to constructive advice last night I tried again as windwalker.

Same gear (ilevel 435 - lol), greens. Did ~ 45k dps (with Xuen used) and killed Naj'entus before bubble, no issues.

The boss that became an issue was Bloodboil - the bleed effect seems unavoidable and gets me in the end.

How do you guys go past him? Straight out balls-to-the-wall DPS race again, or kiting, letting debuff fall off?

So, true, i didn't try this in dps spec before posting, so thanks to constructive advice last night I tried again as windwalker.

Same gear (ilevel 435 - lol), greens. Did ~ 45k dps (with Xuen used) and killed Naj'entus before bubble, no issues.

The boss that became an issue was Bloodboil - the bleed effect seems unavoidable and gets me in the end.

How do you guys go past him? Straight out balls-to-the-wall DPS race again, or kiting, letting debuff fall off?
    Just DPS and use defensive abilities. Monks have some crazy survivability in either WW or BrM. It should not be an issue.

I don't know why you're soloing old instances while you're still so undergeared. I would run heroics for at least 463 before messing with content that doesn't matter at all anymore. It will make it significantly easier.

He's a DPS race, and you hope to get the debuff he uses that makes all your damage increase.
    I'm an arms warrior with a 465 ilevel, I tried fury though for the little healing bloodthirst offers and I got him down to about 10% solo. I think I can improve that if I get things a big tighter and time my cooldowns right.

I still haven't tried Council or Illidan solo, but with someone there to heal you 2 manning the place is simple.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Did it at level 85 in the first patch with half cata heroic blues & 359 epics, if you cant do it, well u have to improve your dps.
    elitistjerks.com works wonders.

10+ Year Old Account
    posted this in the Monk forum but i guess i can repost it here :

Did Black Temple, all expect 3 encounters were easily handled.

Bloodboil (Big red Orc) - Burst, You need to burn him beforethe Dot gets to high to handle. I used Fort Brew and TOK to kill him when he dropped to 500k Hp. Took another 2 minutes to heal myself up for the dots (doing 50k every 3 secs).

Reliquary of Souls : Phase 1 - Burn her but save all your cooldowns, Phase 2 go all out, I popped everything off the bat (Brews, TOK, xuen), interupt her, and Touch of death her when she gets low. WARNING TOD will do about 150k damage to you, make sure you have more than that before killing her. Phase 3, burn.

Illidari Council : IMO the hardness boss(es) to solo in BT. After 5 attempts i finally killed them by :

Set up 3 orbs on the staircase before the pull.
    Have 10 stacks of tigereye brew waiting.
    All CDs waiting
    Food buff (+500)
    Potions (+1000 for an hour) (4000 for 25 secs)
    set the priest on focus
    Have chi wave going at all times

Pre pot and pull, I started with the pally, then rogue. Popped xuen and tea, switching to the priest to stop the heal and KITE OUT OF THE AOE (Pally and mages aoe hurt, 10000hp every 2-3 secs), pally will bubble other members with either a phyiscal or magical immune shield, hard switch to priest, keep chi wave up, if low pop TOK and heal up or use orbs. Burn hard until about 500k, pop fort brew and TOD. TOD wont kill them but reduce the HP on one of them to 1 then the game will even out the HP on all of them (about 200-250k), continue to burn hard (pot if needed), use Spinning crane kick once they get to 1 (got hit them all at once so the game wont try to even out 1 hp. odd bug).

Gratz and go kill easy mode illidan.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    If your a hunter, I'd imagine its doable but hunter is one of the only class's I dont know jack about, I guess you'd just have to burn him low until his shield pops, while hes regenerating, bandage up, potion up, if your BM then get your pet out quickly cast AH, spirit mend (if you can have a pet with both abilities?) on yourself, dismiss it and burn one last time before he kills you, but thats off the top of my end, no idea how it would work, of it you would get impaled once he finished regenerating,
    Unless they changed it a bit you are over thinking the encounter. I was soloing that place with relative ease ever since I got some heroic gear. All you have to do for Naj'entus and Teron is have a dps pet and make sure you are tanking and not your pet. With Spirit Bond and dps that isn't abysmal you will be fine. Heck I found Bloodboil and Council a heck of a lot harder than those two.

I've been soloing BT since Cata as a rogue, everything is super easy aslong as you know how to use your brains, simple...First boss is just a dps check, if you can't kill him before the bubble then you really have some issues, as for RoS...It's piss easy now.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just pop out cd',s It's an overkill atm !

15+ Year Old Account
    ive been soling BT since week one as brewmaster, its quite simple just use cds accordingly and interrupt where necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger View Post
    The boss giving me trouble is the Twin Emperors, they seem to be immune to most of my attacks. Frost DK, with the constant immune to attack things popping up I can't get them down fast enough. Oh and Patchwerk, definitely need something tank specced to deal with him.
    One of them is immune to magic, the other is immune to physical. Pick one, and only use that damage type.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    My thought when I saw people complaining about RoS before the nerf.
    Still, I'm happy it got nerfed. It was soloable but the difficulty was absurd. (Except if you have pets, ofc. But my Ghost Iron Dragonling is not that good.)

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    He's skippable and the can't really nerf it without changing the encounter completely, doubt that will ever happen.
    They could find a way for Kalecgos not to reset when there's no one in "real world". C'thun, Hallion, Ultraxion, etc. There are now many bosses who do not reset when you phase out.
    This way, everyone could solo him, and it's not such a big difference.

Ofc, if they could allow him to cast a portal on the tank, that would prevent whining from people who want to kill boss without using their brain.