Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deja vu, and immediately forgetting what you were doing when you walk into a room, is the result of you walking in on an alien and the Men in Black wiping your memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Its called a Deja Vu. You just think you thought about it while driving.
    By the way, just a quick note on the Deja Vu topic. I HATE how english speaking people pronounce that word. I'm not even french myself, but do speak and understand it reasonably well enough. It's just a horrible butchering of a nice sounding word. I love the english language, but this grinds my gears every single time..

So back to the topic then, sorry
    Last edited by Spin86; 2012-12-04 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I was singing a song in my head the other day, even humming the tone a little. When I got in my car and started it, that song started playing from the radio.
    I was in a car with my dad. He noticed me paying close attention to a passign car and asked about it. I told him it looked a bit like my old firends car but wasn't it. The next song that comes up on the radio is an old, stupid drunk teen song I'd never have expected to hear in a radio. A song I last heard in the car in question over a year before.

As far as Deja Vu's go, I have them on a weekly basis. The feeling can be "i thought this would happen" just as well as "this happened before", and the most frequent, consistent recollection is "I dreamt of this happening just last night!" or "night before!". Either your googled up definitions of a poorly understood phenomena are inadequate, or I'm a psychic. Funny how I still haven't gotten the lottery numbers right, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    What happened to the OP happens to me daily, and to insure it is not 'Deja Vu' I keep a log of weird thoughts and check them off when they happen. So I can believe it is possible. Do I think it is some magical ability no, I think some people have a natural talent of memorizing little factors and putting the pieces together. Much like how a Meteorologist can predict the weather. Obviously the OP remembered something subconsciously about that guy which made the chances of farting higher than normal. ie he may have mentioned the day before he was going for Mexican food after work. This with the silly jokes on the radio added together a high risk of a fart which is amusing.

Well no. It's not deja vu.

On topic: When people make me guess i say random stuff and i am right more than 80% of the time...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty certain I've had something like this happen before, but my memory is terrible. Basically, I'm writing here to say that 'fartomancer' and 'fart whisperer' are the two funniest terms I've heard in a while. Bravo!

Was thinking about ordering pizza, 5 minutes later a pizza pamphlet slides through my mail box. Maybe not the freakiest experience, but it happened about a week ago.

As mentioned, it's almost bound to happen to you sometime in life (predicting something). Write down a prediction every day and some of them are likely to come true, or be misinterpreted by humans 2000 years later.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Hm.

I roll a lot of dice on a weekly basis (D&D player in my spare time), and I had a few lucky crits exactly when I want them. Like literally, one day I was playing a game and I called out 3 crits in a row (5%*5%*%5) chance of happening. Of course, I tend to view this rather skeptically, thinking that my hand probably subconsciously rolled the dice in a fashion that would make it more likely to roll a 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Hm.

I roll a lot of dice on a weekly basis (D&D player in my spare time), and I had a few lucky crits exactly when I want them. Like literally, one day I was playing a game and I called out 3 crits in a row (5%*5%*%5) chance of happening. Of course, I tend to view this rather skeptically, thinking that my hand probably subconsciously rolled the dice in a fashion that would make it more likely to roll a 20.
    Did the same thing, only with another person and with a 1, a 16, and a crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    OP is an undiagnosed fartomancer.
    The fart whisperer?

edit...

appears I got beat to it, didn't read every post in the thread :<

Ah, if you met me in real life you wouldn't think I would be one to fart in front of people. But on the way out of a class in like 1 AM I lifted my leg up and let out a good loud one and it made my friend bust up laughing - he couldn't believe I did that. It was so funny!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

It's funny how much talk of farting is going down in here.

Now on to coincidences. I always get kind of excited when i am reading and somebody starts talking in person on on the tv or whatever, and what they say match two or three words that i happen to be reading as they say them.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    It's funny how much talk of farting is going down in here.

Now on to coincidences. I always get kind of excited when i am reading and somebody starts talking in person on on the tv or whatever, and what they say match two or three words that i happen to be reading as they say them.
    I've has this happen a few times too. It's hard not to think there isn't some meaning to said phrase when something like that happens. I know there isn't, but if the phrase is something like "you're going to die today," I would probably stay home.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Just a coincedence, most likely. Although, nothing as specific as that has ever happened to me. Weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reja vu (not deja vu,) you thought of something and knew it would inevitably happen again.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin86 View Post
    By the way, just a quick note on the Deja Vu topic. I HATE how english speaking people pronounce that word. I'm not even french myself, but do speak and understand it reasonably well enough. It's just a horrible butchering of a nice sounding word. I love the english language, but this grinds my gears every single time..

So back to the topic then, sorry
    How is it said? I've always heard it as "Day-zha Voo"

Also, sometimes I might randomly think about a person right before they call or text. Maybe humans really do have slight precognitive powers. :P