Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

December 3rd Hotfix

The 100% extra absorb makes the Life Cocoon effect roughly as effective as Ironbark with mitigation with the added bonus of 30% extra HoT. Pretty decent change imho.

Yeah, But they had to say its going to take 24 hours for it to be live. That's kinda lol

That's not overpowered at all (/sarcasm)... It's almost as strong as Lay on Hands now with the HoT bonus. On top of that, it's an absorb instead of a heal, which makes it even more useful. These giant drastic changes are giving me a headache.
    Last edited by Totaltotemic; 2012-12-04 at 02:57 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah they're clearly not putting any thought into these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    That's not overpowered at all (/sarcasm)... It's almost as strong as Lay on Hands now with the HoT bonus. On top of that, it's an absorb instead of a heal, which makes it even more useful. These giant drastic changes are giving me a headache.
    Help me understand. How is it overpowered? Before it was ridiculed as taking "a single hit and providing nothing else" and now it may take several so a HoT can actually get a tick in. Every two minutes.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Help me understand. How is it overpowered? Before it was ridiculed as taking "a single hit and providing nothing else" and now it may take several so a HoT can actually get a tick in. Every two minutes.
    Because the stronger it gets, the more powerful the HoT component gets too (via lasting longer). There's no reason for it to shield as much as a Lay on Hands does, while also being an absorb instead of a heal (i.e. more useful), and also having the HoT component. All it needed was for the HoT bonus to persist after the shield was gone, instead now it's an OP as hell shield. Taking a single hit was fine, we don't need Lay on Hands, but straight out buffing the shield by 100% is just laughable. The HoT component now makes absolutely no sense on it, as it makes the ability blatantly OP (remember that it affects ALL HoTs, not just your own).

^

They are just throwing us a bone after all the nerfs, until they figure out wtf they can do about the class.

The HoT component now makes absolutely no sense on it, as it makes the ability blatantly OP (remember that it affects ALL HoTs, not just your own).
    Could you give me a rough number for the total absorption of your Life Cocoon after this change? Because if it's twice as big then it takes twice the hits. That's two. How many HoT ticks are you going to get in as little as three seconds?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Could you give me a rough number for the total absorption of your Life Cocoon after this change? Because if it's twice as big then it takes twice the hits. That's two. How many HoT ticks are you going to get in as little as three seconds?
    It says 189k and I'm in a raid fully buffed right now, so after the buff that'd be 378k. Don't underestimate how much healing comes from HoTs, even two seconds, which should be enough for every HoT to tick once, can be up to a 60k benefit if you think about the fact that 2/3s of your healers probably have at least one HoT on the tank at any given time (25 man of course), not to mention that every Mistweaver in the raid will have Enveloping Mists up too, which alone will be increased by at least 10k per second.

Of course, that's not where it's ridiculously OP. Where it IS OP is on any non-tank target taking periodic damage. Heroic Blade Lord Wind Step? Lolcocoon will practically eliminate it. People picking up resin on Empress, Parasitic Growths on Amber-Shaper, all trivialized. That's not even covering the fact that it can be used to pre-emptively save people from one-shot mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Why do I have a funny feeling they are going to hotfix this hotfix.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

Deleted
    It says 189k and I'm in a raid fully buffed right now, so after the buff that'd be 378k. Don't underestimate how much healing comes from HoTs, even two seconds, which should be enough for every HoT to tick once, can be up to a 60k benefit if you think about the fact that 2/3s of your healers probably have at least one HoT on the tank at any given time (25 man of course), not to mention that every Mistweaver in the raid will have Enveloping Mists up too, which alone will be increased by at least 10k per second.

Of course, that's not where it's ridiculously OP. Where it IS OP is on any non-tank target taking periodic damage. Heroic Blade Lord Wind Step? Lolcocoon will practically eliminate it. People picking up resin on Empress, Parasitic Growths on Amber-Shaper, all trivialized. That's not even covering the fact that it can be used to pre-emptively save people from one-shot mechanics.
    i really dont see how is it so op, still much weaker than spirit shell and double the cd, granted thats an instant but still, still much weaker than ironbark, still much weaker than any short cd u can find from other healers was about time they saw that monk cds were completely weak when compared

Found the disconnect. I forgot about 25m. In 10 man without a druid this isn't nearly as big a deal.
    [What's half of minor?]

Purge lol. Worthless buff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    Purge lol. Worthless buff.
    It's funny because you think there's nothing in this game except PvP.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

nice and worthless! one dispell and its removed...if it had dispell protection that would be nice
    even in pve it's not gamebreaking imo.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    They are just throwing us a bone after all the nerfs, until they figure out wtf they can do about the class.
    This. Cocoon being ridiculously weak is a concern MWs have had since beta. At least in 25-man it will not last long enough on a tank for the hot boost portion of it to be used to its full extent. Before I decide to come back to the game I am expecting a decent hotfix with clarifications from Blizz on where the spec is going.

You guys really didn't play a death knight in WOTLK if you think we have seen the end of changes lol.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    I really don't see where it is now mad crazy OP? Instead of absorbing 1 hit it absorbs 2? That's roughly what it will do. As for the hot, hello overhealing.

It's still no where close to damage reduction cd's but blizzard are at least giving us something after the nerfs so can't complain but the people posting saying its the best thing since sliced bread are in for a shock.

Deleted
    I think people forget to mention you can spellsteal/purge this thing and lol have anyone seen warrior damage while they pop burst? well try surviving 2 in 3s.

Whats so op about that? This is the only real single target cd a monk has and it has 2 min cd. Using it on wind steps or parasitic growths aren't op at all.