Poll: Would you like high elves to be a playable race?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    We have enough elves in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Don't they look exactly the same as BE?
    Their eyes are different indicating a corruptive-influence (Demonic magic).

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    If you have a Horde, this very question is explored in 5.1
    My main is Horde... is this in a scenario? I haven't done the new ones yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Well, yeah. The name honors their fallen during the III war, why would they change it?
    I always got the impression it was a name Kael'Thas gave his faction, which was seeking revenge for the destruction of their homeland by the Scourge and ultimately wound up exiled to Outland. When BC started the playable "Blood Elves" are introduced as remaining Blood Elves back in the ruined Silvermoon (which we hadn't previously heard anything about), who are looking forward to meeting up with Kael's faction in Outland. And of course once they get there they find out he's in league with the Legion and rebel against him, along with the Scryers who had already defected to Shattrath (how many Elf splinter groups do we need? Sheesh).

Plus the playable Blood Elves are allied with the Forsaken (they're even considered special friends who introduced them to the rest of the Horde! Boy does that not make a lot of sense anymore) - pretty forgiving of them considering the Undead are the reason they became Blood Elves in the first place.

And High Elves even use the Sunwell! Why are they even fighting each other?

It just seems to me that all the reasons that Blood Elves became Blood Elves are defunct or completely turned on their heads now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    My main is Horde... is this in a scenario? I haven't done the new ones yet.
    If you've been doing the dailies for Dominance Offensive every day, the first part of the Blood Elves should be opening for you either today or tomorrow.

Except that not all High Elves became Blood Elves.

You know...like the Silver Covenant led by Vereesa, or Alleria.

Or any High Elf who wasn't at Quel'thalas when it got blowdededed up.
    Alleria is still "missing", so we don't know what side she'd fall on.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 06:49 AM ----------

If you've been doing the dailies for Dominance Offensive every day, the first part of the Blood Elves should be opening for you either today or tomorrow.
    I'll see it when I get home then :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Alleria is still "missing", so we don't know what side she'd fall on.
    Considering she HATES Orcs with a passion...and one of her sisters is an Undead abomination...and the majority of her people have allied with the Orcs...although some of her people led by her ALIVE sister are with the Alliance.

I'd say its 99.999999999% certain she'd be an Alliance-favoring hero.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd sooner roll a Hozen than a high elf. All those nib jibbing jickety wicket elves are all too busy getting high off something or other and suffer from the asian malady known as "all rook shame".
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

i'd certainly play a hozen! punchin' butts and ookin' dookers!

i just thought of something about high elves, they'd need new voice actors and actresses. right now they use night elf voices. certinly not too hard to fix though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Now a better one would be who wants High Elves to be playable for the alliance. But that would turn them into a Pandaren thing.
    Well, why not that?

10+ Year Old Account
    High Elves for Alliance and Eredar for Horde!

But first we need Ogres, Harpies and Naga!

not sure if harpies would work... males are either super rare or non existent. i think i read some in lore speculation that they capture and rape men from other races to reproduce.

Deleted
    Technically the Alliance already has the original High elves with the return of the Highborne.

So why do they also need the Blood elf lookalike variety? besides the EK high elves are pretty much extinct now.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Technically the Alliance already has the original High elves with the return of the Highborne.

So why do they also need the Blood elf lookalike variety? besides the EK high elves are pretty much extinct now.
    Night Elven Highborne are not High Elven Highborne. The former might be the latter's predecessor, but they are two different races.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Dark Iron Dwarves for Horde. Don't care what Alliance gets..

Deleted
    Make all wow races playable! I want an ogre and a fishy guy and an otter guy and a viking guy etc!

Would've said yes but blood elves are enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, and respect to Blizzard for sticking to their guns about not making this ethnic minority group of reskinned relics playable.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-12-04 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the eredar dont have a "demon thirst" they also werent forced to join the legion they were asked and went willingly
    all demons have a demon thirst for magic.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the eredar dont have a "demon thirst" they also werent forced to join the legion they were asked and went willingly
    Yes, they do.

We learn that in 5.1, in a warlock-only quest. The way the Burning Legion controls the "lesser demons" is because the demonic taint inflicts them with a BLood-Elf like desire for magic. Eredar are included in this.

That's probably why they so quickly turned on the non-eredar Draenei.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely yes. Either that or make Belves a neutral race similar to Pandaren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.