Thread: Gunship

Gunship

I solo'ed ICC up to the gunship part. Have never been in ICC so forgive me ahead of time. I have the rocket pack on. I see the guns. I am shooting the other ship and and killing the reds that board my ship. I have even rocket'ed over to the other ship and killed them, but they respawn. Eventually I die or it just resets. I am so confused. What am I supposed to be doing? Do I kill the main boss on the other ship? Do I focus on damaging the ship? What the hell do I do? I am so confused.

Any suggestions, advice, even a brief tutorial would be greatly appreciated. Details galore are certainly welcomed. More details and specific walkthrough step by step advice most welcomed.

Thanks.

focus on damaging the ship. you need to kill the enemy rocketeer's. Just press 1 til your energy is in the 90's, then hit 2. And aim towards the back. When you jump over to kill the Mage, take out what you can and then return, rinse and repeat

10+ Year Old Account
    As said above, just jump over and nuke the mage when he freezes your cannons, and run back ignore all other stuff, also when shooting your rockets point at the enemies o the ship so you damage the ship and also kill mobs at the same time.

Deleted
    Around two months ago I tried to solo gunship but when you enter cannons and adds spawn, if you are in cannon and adds has nothing to hit on your ship, you will start to take around 200k dmg per second.

Also there is very dangerous add on enemy ship, goblin "rocketeer" or smth, he is in the back, and must be killed each time you jump to other ship.

You need only jump to other ship when mage appears there and freezes cannons (roughly each 30 seconds).

Quote Originally Posted by Yiris View Post
    Around two months ago I tried to solo gunship but when you enter cannons and adds spawn, if you are in cannon and adds has nothing to hit on your ship, you will start to take around 200k dmg per second.
    it was changed so it's soloable NOW in 5.1.

as others say OP, focus on the enemy rocketeers when you're in a cannon, kill the mage asap when it spawns, clear adds on your own ship and generally just keep at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RpaudIoLGg

Check out the gunship part, besides the rocketeer shooting missiles at your ship, your ship loses % hp when no one is on the ship. So make sure you kill the mage asap and return back. Pretty much minimize the amount of time you are away from your ship.

Tried again without any luck. Even tried to kill the other Boss. Got him down to 20 per cent or so without issue thinking that if I kill him, the encounter would end, but I appear to be mistaken. He doesn't seem to want to be killed. When I get him to like 20 per cent he starts healing or something. Or maybe bugs out. I don't know. But I can't kill him. 20/21 per cent seems to be the max. So I went back to killing the mage and otherwise focusing on firing my gun. Will keep trying tho. Thanks for the input everyone.

Deleted
    Duo-ed it last week. Haven't tried to solo this after patch 5.1. Might give it a try tonight though. Will try to make a video of it if I dont fail

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 05:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    Check out the gunship part, besides the rocketeer shooting missiles at your ship, your ship loses % hp when no one is on the ship. So make sure you kill the mage asap and return back. Pretty much minimize the amount of time you are away from your ship.
    Great video! makes me want to go there and try it myself!