Deleted

Best AoE spec ?(level 87)

So i was just wondering what's the best AoE farming spec for endless AoE farming ?

SV is the best aoe spec.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    aoe farming is not about how much aoe damage you do, it's about how much damage you/your pet can survive.
    the better question would be which pets, talents, glyphs are best for AoE farming.

I recommend using a pet with a survival special ability like Beetle/Turtle (damage reducer) or Porcupine (aoe stun).
    I also recommend glyph of Mending, Glyph of Misdirection and Glyph of Distracting Shot
    I also recommend Narrow Escape, Binding Shot (since they both work on multiple targets) and either Exhileration or Spirit Bond (because they heal your pet)

any hunter spec can AoE farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    any hunter spec can AoE farm.
    Yes, but a SV Hunter will AoE farm faster than the others.

Deleted
    i would go SV , since it AOE is the highest and then spec into Thrill of the Hunt, too spam 20focus multishots into packs.
    packs will die so quick that an ferocity pet can easily survive 2-3 packs of 5-6 normal (15+ of those weak mobs).

Deleted
    im aoe farming with my hunter ilvl 500, sv spec, tenacity pet and md glyph so cd is reset when cast on pet. works good

Quote Originally Posted by Gnurf View Post
    So i was just wondering what's the best AoE farming spec for endless AoE farming ?
    For leveling BM aoe is king (as burst aoe is what matters). At 90, survival kicks ass as you can be pulling lots more.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    For leveling BM aoe is king (as burst aoe is what matters). At 90, survival kicks ass as you can be pulling lots more.
    No. SV is better for AoE in the level range OP is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    No. SV is better for AoE in the level range OP is talking about.
    I can't think of where the OP would level where higher sustained AOE would be the burst AOE by BM. I used BM aoe to realm first 90. It works well.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    I can't think of where the OP would level where higher sustained AOE would be the burst AOE by BM. I used BM aoe to realm first 90. It works well.
    I'm not understanding you here. What/where is this burst aoe from bm you are talking about? Bestial Wrath? SV can do more burst aoe damage and it's sustained burst.

I'll do some math to show you. Let's say ~10 targets.

(calculations based on my stats)

BM
    Multi-shot = 600% weapon damage plus beast cleave for 4 seconds (not bursty if you ask me since it's over 4 seconds).

SV Multi-shot = 600% weapon damage plus ISS for 150,000 damage (total) plus SrS ticking away at all targets since they won't die with one multi-shot (noncrit).

Now SV sounds more bursty because there is no way that one beast cleave will equate to 150,000 damage and the damage is instant rather than spread over a 4 second time frame.

And there is also no gimmick mechanics like on H wind lord mel'jarak where he gets a 600% damage taken increase and if you used beast cleave off of that, logs show that SV is still ahead in that regard so... I think that I can say beast cleave would need a huge damage buff to be competitive with SV's ISS. Not to mention how the damage from SrS will negate the beast cleave.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-06 at 10:40 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart