Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    I think people who are against Iran should see this.

{Dumb radio show from UK}
    So basically you have a Radio shock jockey who doesn't have a clue talking to an idiot with even less of a clue. How is this a point at all?

The Iraq WMD was a lie used by the Bush administration using falsified CIA intelligence.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...062401081.html

Bush was such an idiot he never planted the evidence, once he had control.

The difference is we have a Liberal President who is not trying to get re-elected and wants to reduce the size of our military. He will not start a war with Iran unless there is a real danger to the USA or it's Allies. The odds are that the Iranians will develop Nuclear Missiles, and they will target locations in Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait, Israel, India and Turkey, they will however not actually use them because in the end they are not stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Because they've allowed those inspectors COUNTLESS TIMES and they keep demanding access again. At some point they got tired of bending over and said NO.
    Then explain why Iran is enriching uranium far purer than what is needed for commercial or medical needs.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2012-12-04 at 07:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Because they've allowed those inspectors COUNTLESS TIMES and they keep demanding access again. At some point they got tired of bending over and said NO.

Do you realize that UN inspectors evaluate American Nuclear facilities every six months? All nations who are members of the U.N. that have Nuclear power and weapons agree to have U.N. safety inspections twice a year. This is a part of being a part of a global community, if Iran wants Nuclear weapons they should show the world a legitimate reason to have them, demonstrate to the world they will not use them in an act of aggression. And agree to safety inspections. It's a matter of playing by the rules, building Nuclear weapons in secret while supporting terrorism, and having a government that constantly commits human rights violations doesn't make it easy for people to trust you. Meanwhile both Pakistan and India have Nuclear weapons, and even though the world watches them closely they don't hide them, they let other nations inspect them, and they have show the world discretion in the deployment of these weapons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    First in 2009, there was a popular uprising in Iran because the students and a large portion of the population was tired of how they are treated by their government, and the lack of choice in how things work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Ir...ction_protests (not a fan of Wikipedia but this has all the needed links to news sources)

When I say I want the Iranians to free them selves I mean just that I do not want any Western nation to get involved. Trying to put words in other peoples mouths is bad forum manners.
    PLEASE
    You insult my intelligence, by NOT mentioning your inteligence.

And the jasmine revolution too? The orange revolution in Ukraine too?
    All spontaneous.

You've meddling with this shit for the last 60 years you think people don't notice anymore?

Consider a different side to the Iran having nukes thing.

Can you actually blame them for wanting nukes? This is something I saw a while back, possibly in the NYT but I'm not positive on that, basically a theory that Iran wants nukes because having nukes means that you are not so easily taken advantage of. They are opposed by a nuclear armed Israel who maintains a well armed traditional force as well. They are also opposed by the United States, an enemy you don't want to have in the world today, and an enemy which has had politicians trying to get the rest of the nation to go to war with Iran since before Bush left office. The United States also has a very well documented history of disrupting the region and trying to impose it's power on middle eastern nations, including Iran. I could totally understand them wanting to have some kind of even footing with the west and the western backed powers. The easiest way to do that would be nuclear weapons, though I don't believe anyone really wants to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Oh no, they found another one of our toy airplanes that they'll have no idea how to use or reproduce...

The Chinese should buy it so they can pretend they know what to do with it!
    you know china already has working drones...right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Too easily shot down by a walking carpet. Servoskulls are the future.
    Good point, no fucker messes with a servo skull and risks the wrath of the imperium.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    If you will also explain why they are enriching uranium far below the point that is needed for nuclear weapons?
    Do you know how enrichment works?

No, because I am not a nuclear physicist.
    Newsflash: You aren't one either..
    I'll give you some insight then.

Uranium enrichment is the process in which uranium isotope 238 is removed from a sample leaving only uranium isotope 235. Less than 1% of natural uranium is 235. At about 3-4% 235 the uranium is "reactor grade" fit enough for commercial use. At 85 fucking percent, it is "weapons grade". There is no reason to enrich uranium past 20% unless you're building a weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Yes it was a team effort but what would have happened without US aid? You cant leave that fact out. Europe was almost lost between italy and germany. If we had not stepped in what would have happened. So we turned the tide not won the war. We dont want to ever have to turn the tide again. So if you can contain these nuts within their own country we usually leave well enoigh alone but if its felt someone is gaining the capabilities to start this crap again of course we are stepping in. If we let a dictator do what he wanted as long as we did with Hitler again the ramifacations would be worse than stepping in early. The only way to have peace is to smack the bad ones around a bit cant have peace spreading daisies. Some people just want to watch the world burn in their name. I know cheesy movie line but it works for my point.
    Umm, the US joined the War after Pearl Harbor, and only warred Germany because they were allies with the Japanese. The US had to make alliances in order to properly beat Japan and that required helping Europeans fight the Axis. The US had no vested interest in saving Europeans from anything until doing just that became something they had to do. And incidentally, because of the Japanese.

Not that I'm trying to downgrade the US' role in the downfall of Hitler, but I'm still sure the Russians would've reached Berlin eventually either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    If you will also explain why they are enriching uranium far below the point that is needed for nuclear weapons?
    who cares if they are. theyve not attacked anyone. who do we think we are to presume to tell them what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Umm, the US joined the War after Pearl Harbor, and only warred Germany because they were allies with the Japanese. The US had to make alliances in order to properly beat Japan and that required helping Europeans fight the Axis. The US had no vested interest in saving Europeans from anything until doing just that became something they had to do. And incidentally, because of the Japanese.

Not that I'm trying to downgrade the US' role in the downfall of Hitler, but I'm still sure the Russians would've reached Berlin eventually either way.
    You have to keep in mind a two front war is a helluva lot harder to fight than a one front war. By the time the USA entered the war it was pretty much effectively a one front war (Russia).

Britain was surviving, but not really on offense either.

I am pretty much of the opinion that if Hitler hadn't attacked Russia, he would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    They might be telling the truth. Iran has every right to nuclear power.
    The thing is, as a world power and one that could stomp Iran back into the stone age, it's pretty simple for the U.S. to say "actually, no you don't." Especially when Iran is as dodgy as they are. Like it or not, the U.S. is going to do what is in its own best interests. You'll notice that plenty of countries that aren't shady as fuck already have nuclear power? Granted, it's not like even if we wanted to we could stop everyone (see: cold war U.S.S.R) but we sure as hell are going to have some say in who joins the club at this point in time. Especially if that nation is run by Islamic fundamentalists who hate us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    you know china already has working drones...right?
    I'm very aware of that fact. Right now they've got a handful of WuZhen-5 recon drones and they're field testing the Chengu Pterodactyl. If you could see the specs on these things, you'd know they're garbage. The Pterodactyl is generations behind even our old Predator drones (never mind our new Avenger model) and the WuZhen-5 is basically an RC plane with a camera on it.

Anyway, the Navy says that they are not currently missing any drones. Looks like Iran is making shit up again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Do you realize that UN inspectors evaluate American Nuclear facilities every six months? All nations who are members of the U.N. that have Nuclear power and weapons agree to have U.N. safety inspections twice a year. This is a part of being a part of a global community, if Iran wants Nuclear weapons they should show the world a legitimate reason to have them, demonstrate to the world they will not use them in an act of aggression. And agree to safety inspections. It's a matter of playing by the rules, building Nuclear weapons in secret while supporting terrorism, and having a government that constantly commits human rights violations doesn't make it easy for people to trust you. Meanwhile both Pakistan and India have Nuclear weapons, and even though the world watches them closely they don't hide them, they let other nations inspect them, and they have show the world discretion in the deployment of these weapons.
    Israel. 10 chars.

So some people really think that it would be good idea that unstable regime gets a nuclear weapon capability?
    I can understand why US and well many others are so against Irans nuclear program. It doesnt really help the situtation that Iran is not co-operating with international inspections.

Quote Originally Posted by Inay View Post
    So some people really think that it would be good idea that unstable regime gets a nuclear weapon capability?
    USA is the one bloodshedding for last 50 years, not Iran. Also If you consider the fact that USA is the only one who used nukes and capable of using it again if they have no other solution. USA scares me more than Iran. I would rather nuke-free world tho.

Deleted
    Didnt I read a few days ago the pentagon got some one to hack one too see if they could be hacked and they could

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    USA is the one bloodshedding for last 50 years, not Iran. Also If you consider the fact that USA is the only one who used nukes and capable of using it again if they have no other solution. USA scares me more than Iran. I would rather nuke-free world tho.
    Why didn't they use a nuke in vietnam since there was no other way to win?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Well still it is unstable regime and one of the speculated problems would be that Iran would sell/lose a nuclear weapon to radical groups. Im not saying that US have acted right on its past policies everytime or anything but I just cant see how it would be good thing if Iran would get a nuclear weapon.