Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Implying that the US 'doesnt have the money' is a foolish assumption. Refusing UN inspectors is breaking the rules, and a cause to be suspicious. Why you think that somehow the US strongarmed every other nation to sign onto this treaty and is the sole voice in enforcing it I have no idea, but your tinfoil hat might need to come off at some point.
    Ok, so circumstancial evidence and IAEA inspectors have been saying that the nuclear weapons programme has been halted since 2003. The breach they are talking of is enrichment of uranium. That doesn't necessarily mean WMDs.

You can ignore the fact that Iran won't be using WMDs ever. You see, even the arab countries in the close-by region don't want much to do with Iran.

And finally, how come I am the one with the tinfoil hat? I don't go on and on about weapons programmes that are rumored to be true by unnamed "experts" and US officials. I also don't ignore the fact that Iraq was invaded over WMDs it did not have.

You may need to stop being biased really.

Quote Originally Posted by saffi View Post
    Which part of "the rules are made by the US for the US" didn't you understand? Also, there is no proof that Iran has nuclear weapons. Remember Iraq? When US officials said "we have definite proof of WMDs" and nothing was found? Yeah, same thing here, except the US doesn't have money to invade Iran.
    The NPT was put in force by the UN. But I guess that doesn't matter?

And yes, there is no proof that Iran has nuclear weapons. Simply because, unless they bought off the black market, they don't. But that doesn't change the VERY SIMPLE fact that they are trying to develop them.

As far as the US saying we have proof... Where is your source?

As for invading Iran... Really? You honestly think so? If that were the case, we wouldn't have so many naval forces in the straights making sure Iran doesn't do something really really stupid, like shutting off the shipping lanes. And if that ever happens, Iran will be a burned out nightlight at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Implying that the US 'doesnt have the money' is a foolish assumption.
    tbh while i hate what America does and the fact that so many innocents die, I cant help but relish the thought that the more America engages in these ill judged foreign adventures at the behest of their Israeli masters, the more they hasten their inevitible decline. so keep it up guys, no really. your time is coming.

That doesn't necessarily mean WMDs.
    Correct. That means dirty bombs given out to terrorists.

[/quote]And finally, how come I am the one with the tinfoil hat? I don't go on and on about weapons programmes that are rumored to be true by unnamed "experts" and US officials. I also don't ignore the fact that Iraq was invaded over WMDs it did not have.

You may need to stop being biased really.[/QUOTE]

Iraq wasn't invaded JUST because of their attempts at acquiring nuclear arms. Iraq was invaded because Saddam used his own people to test chemical weapons, among many other atrocities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    And what does MAD have to do with invasion? Nothing? Nothing at all?

Oh, by the way... your tinfoil hat has a crinkle on the left side. That is a weakness our Mass Mental Control satellites can exploit. Our Weather Control satellites had been programmed to blow the wind in just the right direction to create that crinkle. Just saying...
    He have stated that during the cold fucking war Russian spy-planes were flying over US airpspace and it didn't esclate into a full-out war. I replied by saying that in the cold war, MAD was at work and neither side will go to a full scale war because of it. In Iran's case, the US power outweights Iran's significantly so what would probably happen if Iran sent drones over the US is an invasion.

I guess sometime people need to spell out the obvious so illiterate idiots can understand...

The NPT was put in force by the UN. But I guess that doesn't matter?

And yes, there is no proof that Iran has nuclear weapons. Simply because, unless they bought off the black market, they don't. But that doesn't change the VERY SIMPLE fact that they are trying to develop them.

As far as the US saying we have proof... Where is your source?

As for invading Iran... Really? You honestly think so? If that were the case, we wouldn't have so many naval forces in the straights making sure Iran doesn't do something really really stupid, like shutting off the shipping lanes. And if that ever happens, Iran will be a burned out nightlight at best.

So wait, I need sources to claim something that has been repeatedly been shown to be true in documentaries, news stories and books. But you don't need any proof at all to conclude that Iran has WMDs or is in the process of aquiring them. Seems fair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW40PCRAr0s
    Yeah, I guess the US didn't say anything of proof of WMDs in Iraq.

The NPT was signed in 1968 (by Iran), and so far nothing has been proven in terms of them violating any clauses. It is just allegations, and nothing has been confirmed. I believe in "innocent until proven guilty", but apparently that doesn't apply to every country; only the selected ones, eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Iraq wasn't invaded JUST because of their attempts at acquiring nuclear arms. Iraq was invaded because Saddam used his own people to test chemical weapons, among many other atrocities.
    The official story was that we invaded Iraq BECAUSE OF WMD and nothing else really. No matter how you want to spin it a lie can never be truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    Not every Israeli is blinded by propanganda and conditioning.

Free thinkers exist everywhere, in every nation.

Iran should be allowed nukes, why not?

Israel has them, so do Pakistan.

Not likely to start WW3, no matter what your chief propaganda ministers tell you.
    Probably because Iran are subject to the Non Proliforation Treaty which they voluntarily signed up to. Israel and Pakistan are not, personally regardless of who currently has them vs who doesn't, we should be moving towards disarmament. But I digress, interesting that the US is claiming they have lost no drones, good old international chess.

Ok, so circumstancial evidence and IAEA inspectors have been saying that the nuclear weapons programme has been halted since 2003. The breach they are talking of is enrichment of uranium. That doesn't necessarily mean WMDs.

You can ignore the fact that Iran won't be using WMDs ever. You see, even the arab countries in the close-by region don't want much to do with Iran.

And finally, how come I am the one with the tinfoil hat? I don't go on and on about weapons programmes that are rumored to be true by unnamed "experts" and US officials. I also don't ignore the fact that Iraq was invaded over WMDs it did not have.

You may need to stop being biased really.
    No, they have not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11709428

n November 2011 the IAEA released its latest report on Iran's nuclear programme, presenting new evidence suggesting that Iran is secretly working to obtain a nuclear weapon. Iran has dismissed the claims as fictitious.
    Arab countries in the close-by region are different sect than Iran, and hope Iran does not get nuclear weapons as well. I'm not sure why you think the IAEA is an American-Only place or something. It is an International Agency.

No, they have not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11709428

Arab countries in the close-by region are different sect than Iran, and hope Iran does not get nuclear weapons as well. I'm not sure why you think the IAEA is an American-Only place or something. It is an International Agency.
    I've read the report myself. It does not give any definite proof, only that Iran appears to be on that path, which might some day be used to make nuclear weapons. The article you linked doesn't even cite the original report. Furthermore, read this in your own link:

It said that some of these activities could only be used to develop nuclear weapons - though it did not say that Iran had mastered the process, nor how long it would take Iran to make a bomb. There are some allegations that are listed openly for the first time, including the claim that Iran has used computer modelling on the behaviour of a nuclear device.

Previously, the IAEA complained that Tehran had not fully co-operated with its inspectors, though it did say that Iran had displayed "greater transparency" during an inspection visit in August 2011.

In March 2012, it was announced that Iran had agreed to take part in fresh six-party talks and allow IAEA inspectors to visit its key military research site at Parchin, under certain conditions.
    It seems that your link is contradicting your earlier claims.

I've read the report myself. It does not give any definite proof, only that Iran appears to be on that path, which might some day be used to make nuclear weapons. The article you linked doesn't even cite the original report. Furthermore, read this in your own link:

It seems that your link is contradicting your earlier claims.
    No, it isn't. Going from refusing the inspectors access to giving them partial access proves nothing. What it does do is disprove your claim
    Ok, so circumstancial evidence and IAEA inspectors have been saying that the nuclear weapons programme has been halted since 2003.
    which is blatantly false.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Do you realize that UN inspectors evaluate American Nuclear facilities every six months? All nations who are members of the U.N. that have Nuclear power and weapons agree to have U.N. safety inspections twice a year. This is a part of being a part of a global community, if Iran wants Nuclear weapons they should show the world a legitimate reason to have them, demonstrate to the world they will not use them in an act of aggression. And agree to safety inspections. It's a matter of playing by the rules, building Nuclear weapons in secret while supporting terrorism, and having a government that constantly commits human rights violations doesn't make it easy for people to trust you. Meanwhile both Pakistan and India have Nuclear weapons, and even though the world watches them closely they don't hide them, they let other nations inspect them, and they have show the world discretion in the deployment of these weapons.
    Tell me something.

Why doesn't Israel play by the same rules? Maybe Israel should be kicked out of the UN?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Pulling that arugment again? Pakistan a country that have shitload of terrorists in it didn't "lose" bombs, so why would Iran?
    You know who has lost dozens of nuclear bombs though?

Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole point of having unmanned aerial drones is so we don't lose human lives when our recon vehicles go missing... What's the story here? Drone serves its purpose? News at 11?

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    just stop it. our airspace has been breached many times, it was a regular occurrence during the cold war, and surprise surprise, no invasion. but stay classy on the hyperbole
    That's because your airspace was breached by a force on par with yourselves. Iran, though, is another matter. Besides, Israel and the US only really need an excuse to invade Iran right now. An Iranian plane breaching the US' airspace, if it were possible, would be the perfect excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Would we now? What makes you think we'd invade Iran just because they decided to let us use one of their shitty little planes for target practice?
    Well, basically, what i just said above.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    You know who has lost dozens of nuclear bombs though?

Russia.
    And nothing bad's happened yet.

When did they lose them by the way?

Iran having a drone in our airspace isn't provocation for an invasion. Only thing that would happen is our SAMs would get some much needed maintenance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    I'm no more likely to trust US Military sources in this matter than Iranian.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 09:08 AM ----------

The fact is, if it's true, the US is doing something it shouldn't be. You can't masquerade around about freedom and all that other good stuff if you're going to violate another nation's airspace just because you don't want them to have something.

No matter who you are, you shouldn't be able to circumvent the official channels and get away with it.

If Iran was flying drones in US airspace then I'd imagine there would be several air bases in Iran under plumes of smoke by now.
    Nah, we'd just blow the drones out of the sky, then send a strongly worded warning to Iran.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yeh thats true. but i feel like i should add... You can strike FREELY any target on the planet THAT CANNOT RETALIATE.
    Drones and stealth aircrafts are expensive and the loss of a few of them would make your generals think twice.
    And dont think Iran can't and won't fight back. As said before, Iran isn't Iraq nor Afghanistan. Its a fully sustainable country full of resources that has been on the alert from you guys a good few years now.

Mind you, i dont doubt the destructive force of the USA army.
    I just think you shouldnt get the last 2 events, iraq and afghanistan as an example.
    For two reason.
    First neither of them had a proper army able to counter your aircraft attacks.
    Second because in both cases you showed how, yes, things go amazingly easy when, before a ground invasion, you airstrike the place to oblivion.
    BUT
    when it comes down to a ground invasion, even a run down iraq, hell even afghanistan, with guerrilla tactics, can hold you in a headlock, while public opinion drops dramatically.

Think how it would drop if you had to fight a proper army, old school ground invasion. People just wont accept it.
    Why would we invade Iran? That isn't even on the table.

Yeah... Which ones were the good guys again?
    Good guys? I wasn't aware we were living in a comic book. The US is relatively benign as hegemons go, but to think that we aren't going to play favorites with our allies and use our power against regimes that won't bend to our will is absurd.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    great attitude. blast people to bits from the saftey of home. you dont like it when you get hit back though do you. i guess thats always the case with bullies. cant actually fight for toffee just spend their time picking on the little guys.
    That's right. Never ever fight fair. Fighting fair gets you killed.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    PLEASE
    You insult my intelligence, by NOT mentioning your inteligence.

And the jasmine revolution too? The orange revolution in Ukraine too?
    All spontaneous.

You've meddling with this shit for the last 60 years you think people don't notice anymore?

I find it funny that you have difficulty believing that Irnians might not like the Religious totalitarian system they have. They really don't need to have an out side push, infact the reason it didn't go further was the lack of outside assisstance.

Also why are you personalising this discussion? I am not a goverment employee, elected person, or anything but some fat slob in Los Angeles. I have had several Iranian Lovers in the past and really get upset when I hear about things happening to family of my friends. It might surprise you to know that not all Iranians like the system or even Islam.

Remember earlier in this thread how I said every region in the world has been a super power at some point? well Iran aka Persia was the Worlds Super power from the Dawn of Civilization until Islam smashed the persian civilazation. Most Iranians I know who are muslim hate how Islam distroyed their history. It's a bit ironic really.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Consider a different side to the Iran having nukes thing.
    Actually I agree with this idea, only the current Iranian Goverment has not been able to should the National Maturity to have such weapons. At the same time I am positive they will have them fairly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    If you will also explain why they are enriching uranium far below the point that is needed for nuclear weapons?
    Um, actually the reason they got santioned and why everyone is concered is they where enriching enough weapons grade material to supply a lot of weapons. It isn't a case of they are trying to build one, they are trying to build a 'stock pile'.

No, because I am not a nuclear physicist.
    Newsflash: You aren't one either..
    It might surpise you what edjucation and proffessions people here might actually have. My roommate is studing to become a Physicist, my other roommate is a software engineer who works in video games, and I was on Nuclear duty in the US military back in the early 90's. I am well versed in what it takes to manufacture and maintain a nuclear weapon. I can also tell you the proper maintance of air to ocean nuclear torpedos. So don't assume people here are under 18 year old idiots. Some of us have lots of education and work histories.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Umm, the US joined the War after Pearl Harbor, and only warred Germany because they were allies with the Japanese. The US had to make alliances in order to properly beat Japan and that required helping Europeans fight the Axis. The US had no vested interest in saving Europeans from anything until doing just that became something they had to do. And incidentally, because of the Japanese.

Not that I'm trying to downgrade the US' role in the downfall of Hitler, but I'm still sure the Russians would've reached Berlin eventually either way.
    Nice to see someone who doesn't know the history trying to comment on the events of history.

The US offically entered the War after Perl Harbor, up to that point America had given Economic Support to the war effort by supling food, clothing, and the machines needed to build weapons to both the Soviets, Chinese and British. The US also sent over unoffical US servicemen to fly non-combat missions in aid of the Soviets, British, and Chinese forces.

So no you are actually very incorrect, the US was heavily in the War effort long before Perl Harobor, but that event made it possible for the Advisors to change status to Combat support. If the US didn't doe the massive effort to supply Britan and the Soviets Germany would have taken both nations with out resistance long before Perl Harbor.

who cares if they are. theyve not attacked anyone. who do we think we are to presume to tell them what to do?
    Actually, they have given money to several well know Terrorist organizations over the years, they supported the Taliban, the only reason Osama didn't go to Iran was it would have caused Iran to get invaded. The Iranians are currently supporting inserections all over the middle east, trying to force out Royal Families and Democratically Elected Leaders with Clerics. Why do you think the Suadi's want the US there? it is to keep the Iranians from Invading now that Iraq is weak.

Iran has a fairly large military force, they are well funded and well supplied.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    You have to keep in mind a two front war is a helluva lot harder to fight than a one front war. By the time the USA entered the war it was pretty much effectively a one front war (Russia).

Britain was surviving, but not really on offense either.

I am pretty much of the opinion that if Hitler hadn't attacked Russia, he would have won.
    If it wasn't for the efforts of Armand Hammer the Soviets would never have been able to recover, and push back. Armand Hammer littlerally sent over complete factories to Siberia for the Soviets to use. He sent over food and cotton. if he didn't do this the Soviets would have never had the materials need to mount a counter offencive.

Also the efforts of the US in CHina kept the Japanese from taking all of China prior to Perl Harbor. a real good read is the stories of the Flying Tigers. They litterally kept the Chinese resistance alive and funtioning for the entire war.

If I want insight, I'd ask someone that actually knows stuff about Uranium.

Bullshit.
    HEU is also used in fast neutron reactors, whose cores require about 20% or more of fissile material, as well as in naval reactors, where it often contains at least 50% 235U, but typically does not exceed 90%. The Fermi-1 commercial fast reactor prototype used HEU with 26.5% 235U. Significant quantities of HEU are used in the production of medical isotopes, for example molybdenum-99 for technetium-99m generators.[8]

Above 20% is still medical and even more important: Research.
    Nice Wiki quote, the reality is a lot scarier than you realise, sadly I can not post some of what I know about Nuclear weapons. But let me inform you that it is a lot easier to build a 1 megaton bomb than you would realise, in fact if you did some research you might find you have almost everything you need in most modern homes.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    The thing is, as a world power and one that could stomp Iran back into the stone age, it's pretty simple for the U.S. to say "actually, no you don't." Especially when Iran is as dodgy as they are. Like it or not, the U.S. is going to do what is in its own best interests. You'll notice that plenty of countries that aren't shady as fuck already have nuclear power? Granted, it's not like even if we wanted to we could stop everyone (see: cold war U.S.S.R) but we sure as hell are going to have some say in who joins the club at this point in time. Especially if that nation is run by Islamic fundamentalists who hate us.
    The only reason we may not 'stomp Iran back into the stone age' is America has a conscience. Most Americans would not apporve of destroying a nation like Iran. I personally would protest any direct action unless Iran does a first strike. Many people believe that Iran can become a civilized nation again. When the Ali Khamenei finally dies the younger Clerics might move away from the hard line stances he had. Remember America and the Western World not pissed at them for Sharia law, They are upset at the disregard for other nations and the support of Terrorism, and the constant threats agaist nations like Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Kuwait, Omen, Iraq, and any nation they deem to not be properly Islamic. Personally I hate Sharia law, and would love to see a global ban on it's use. but most of the nations I listed use Sharia law and they are all allies of the US and the Western World.

Israel. 10 chars.
    They comply with most international laws, with the exseption of how they occupy land that they won in war, which 50 years ago would be considered legally gained. But the UN has gone against what was considered legal and changed the rules in regard to Isreal. As for Nuclear they do submit to the inspections, this is because a part of the process is finding better ways to store and refine the materials needed to prevent ecological disaters. Granted the inspectors going to Isreal are usually American or British, frankly the Isrealis don't trust other nations to be honest and helpful, I wonder why?

Oh and why is this not easy to look up? because it is boring data. Frankly its a bunch of Nuclear Pysisits who work in Nuclear powerplants and on weapons going to other nations to fill out papperwork. it's really not news worthy.

The problem is that the US isn't the power it once was.
    They can't do anything they want and get away with it, they can't just declare war on every country that doesn't do precisely as they want.

PS. Do you think it's weird that people hate the US when they are being threatened?
    Lets see, the effective current military budget is equal or larger that the combined military budgets of every nation on Earth. At least during the Cold war the Soviets had a near equal budget.

The next nearest military in numbers is China, which is less than 45% of the US budget. They do have more soldiers, but they have 1 aircraft carrier. less than 10 submarines, they have 30+year old fighter jets, and little or no means of shipping trops out of asia. But then again their military is designed to protect the goverment from the people. And is not used as the military arm of Nato and the UN, which the US military is.

As for the Hate, it's a case of hating the Big guy. Most people like to pick on the big guy. Also a lot of people here watch TV which is always biased in one way or another. I personally like to look things up, I also watch Mosaic on my computer to see both sides of the issues in the Middle East. What I can saftly say is they are all liars, if you want the truth read.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    USA is the one bloodshedding for last 50 years, not Iran. Also If you consider the fact that USA is the only one who used nukes and capable of using it again if they have no other solution. USA scares me more than Iran. I would rather nuke-free world tho.
    Yes, no, you are so full of propaganda my head hurts.

Iran had a 10+ year war with Iraq that killed Hundreds of thousands.

est 320,000 - 720,000 Iraqis, 150,000 - 375,000 Iranians killed in the war. At least 100,000 civilians died.

That was 22 years ago.
    Every nation in the world that has gone to war in the last 50years has not cared about civilians, humanitiarian aid, civil rights, or what is right or wrong besides the US military and it's allies when doing a police Action. because lets be truthful here every war America has been in since the End of the spanish American War has been based on Police type actions. WW1 America was a dupty under the UK, WW2 America was the Sherrif in a white hat, every hostil action since it has been like the NYPD. Sure courroption happens but America only does what the UN approves.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Why didn't they use a nuke in vietnam since there was no other way to win?
    Ahh Vietnam, I wish I could go into some of the sources I know about. But everything you have ever heard about that war is untrue.

Was it wrong, yes from a humanitarian point of view it was pure evil.

Was it needed, yes sadly the reason for the war which had nothing to do with Vietnam, it was needed.

Who's to blame? Charels Degal, Harry Truman, JFK, Lindon Johnson. And the Cold war.

If you want to figure out why it happend read the full history of Vietnam, look to see who where it's allies. And look at the post second world war history of China.

Also and this is important, how many US service men where stationed in Vietnam during the War, I'm not talking in combat. Also howmany Tanks, Airplanes, Helocopters, how big where the US bases? Look at the raw data it is all on the web.It wont make sense until you read the histories I mentioned.

Israel, Pakistan, and India are all "unstable" regimes too, that didn't prevent them from acquiring nuclear weapons. I don't want my country to be involved in another Iraq war because of some shit-head politician. In addition to that, the Irani government isn't that stupid and even if they got nuclear weapons they wouldn't really use them.
    All three of those nations have fallowed international protical on gaining nuclear weapons, all three submit to inspections. All three are at least stable enough to not use them. Granted Pakistan swings a lot on the insanity spectrum at times, but they have been mature about nukes.

Hell several Islamic Nations have Nukes, and no one cares. Iran has been openly hostil to the growing global nation and that is the concern. Isreal which I know you hate is a full member of the global community, pakastan is trying very hard to be a member of the global community, india has been a hub of global commerce for the last 3000 years. And is fully accpting of globalization.

Because let's face facts this is actually about the roles each nation and people will have in the global civilazation. The US has become the law enforcement Arm, China is small goods. Suadi Arabia is the energy, Iran wants in but on thier terms, sadly they want to be the spiritial leaders, and that is not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It probably doesn't belong to the US. The last time Iran captured a drone the US confirmed it and asked for Iran to return it. This time it's a ScanEagle, a type of drone used by many countries, and the US says that it's accounted for all ScanEagles in the Middle East.

So either the US is lying (track record indicates the US would just ask Iran to return it), or it's somebody else's.
    Odds are it was the Suadi's, they are probably the most likely target of Iranian aggression if the Iranians decide to use Nukes.

-I can go on a long speach as to why but you whould have to understand middleast politics and religion.

According to whom? Israel or the US? Hardly credible sources especially regarding Iran and the Middle East.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 10:34 PM ----------

They wouldn't use it anyway. I say let them have it so that the power can balance between them and Israel same situation between India and Pakistan.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 10:35 PM ----------

The first time, the US denied the claims initially and then confirmed it.
    Source the Iranians them selves, they keep issuing orders to the Suadi's promising them that Iran will close the Persian gulf to the world.

can you imagine the reaction of the holier than thou Americans if Iran started flying drones in their airspace.
    You oviouly have never been to America. As long as the RC aircraft stays out of airtraffic, the US really wont care, people fly large RC aircraft all the time in the US, where do you think the drones came from at first. Oh and some of the people into RC aircraft here in Los Angeles are Islamic from Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I'm sure we have Russian, Chinese, and even NATO members spying on us all the time. Intelligence operations are handled a lot differently than conventional acts of war.
    Since America is the easiest nation to visit, move to and become a resident in, because there are over 2 million Iranians in America, most seem to live between Lankershim and Topanga Canyon. I am sure the Iranians can spy on America all they want.

Aka Pakistan?

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 12:28 AM ----------

Thing is, whatever you say, there is no way you can convince me that Iran is as shady and dangerous as Pakistan or Israel, two countries clearly guided by fundamentalism and armed to the teeth.
    There are 4 countries that arent signed up in the non proliferation pact.
    Pakistan Israel India and North Korea. First three NEVER signed up. Fourth withdrawn.
    You can use all your false propaganda, that wont make any of these countries look better than Iran.
    There is one nation in the area and one only that has shown to be ruthless, armed, rich and supported and lemme tell you it sure aint Iran.

If you really want to leave them in peace and sort em out by themselves as someone else said, just pull out your fucking intelligence that's shaping society as they did in a goooood few modern nations over the world and let them sort out.

The USA won't be able to withstand a proper invasion war with a proper nation like Iran.
    Iran isnt Iraq and isn't Afghanistan.
    I don't understand why you people want to get involved in this.
    Just cause Israel tells you to?
    you listen to too much propoganda.

1. Isreal has the right to exsist and protect itself.
    2. Isreal has never made the first move in any of the active agrression in the region.
    3. Isreal won all that terrority fair and square, the UN has gone against the law requiring Isreal to give up terrority won legally.
    4. No nation could with stand the US military if it invaded, not now. American military is off the scale powerful.
    5. The US will not invade Iran the currant president is a Liberal, and would only do hostilies if Iran struck first.
    6. Iran might be crazy but they are not stupid they will never strike first.
    7. if Iran does strike first then I guess they where truly stupid.

8. Stop being a hater on Isreal and look again at what is going on in that region. try and be unbiased and look at the history. Because right now you are being lied to and have no clue as to what the truth is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah but... what are they going to do about it?

And who is going to slap America on the wrist?
    America punishes America, our media our population hates the idea of being the worlds police force, if America does wrong internationally Americans get upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    You'd invade Iran.
    Only if Saudi Arabia said to.

You do know that anti aircraft missile system that replaces the s300 russia didnt sell them is due to be completed in 2013?
    Iraq had just as much money, they had almost ten years of preping an anti aircraft missile grid which was state of the art. In the frist night of the Iraq war the entire system was destroyed. By US special forces, and advanced weapon systems design specifically to destroy anti-aircarf weapon systems. In the game of war the US changed the rules, no matter what technology you have it has much better, and a counter to it all. The only thing that can stop the American military is American public opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    And I don't you understand how B2s work.
    And this, stealth is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    i had to skip your synopis of WW2 but suffice to say none of the aid America gave back then was free. it wasnt done through the goodness of your hearts. kudos to the brave men and women who fought and died as part of that effort but lets not pretend americas involvement was selfless.

The only reason we may not 'stomp Iran back into the stone age' is America has a conscience. Most Americans would not apporve of destroying a nation like Iran. I personally would protest any direct action unless Iran does a first strike. Many people believe that Iran can become a civilized nation again. When the Ali Khamenei finally dies the younger Clerics might move away from the hard line stances he had. Remember America and the Western World not pissed at them for Sharia law, They are upset at the disregard for other nations and the support of Terrorism, and the constant threats agaist nations like Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Kuwait, Omen, Iraq, and any nation they deem to not be properly Islamic. Personally I hate Sharia law, and would love to see a global ban on it's use. but most of the nations I listed use Sharia law and they are all allies of the US and the Western World.
    why should we stomp iran? what have they ever actually done to us? america is and has been for a long time the worlds biggest sponsor of terrorism. whether in central america or the gulf. as im sure youre well aware. remember that iran only has the clerics in charge after the CIA toppled the previously democratic and moderate governement and replaced it with the brutal shah as our puppet.

They comply with most international laws, with the exseption of how they occupy land that they won in war, which 50 years ago would be considered legally gained. But the UN has gone against what was considered legal and changed the rules in regard to Isreal. As for Nuclear they do submit to the inspections, this is because a part of the process is finding better ways to store and refine the materials needed to prevent ecological disaters. Granted the inspectors going to Isreal are usually American or British, frankly the Isrealis don't trust other nations to be honest and helpful, I wonder why?
    israel doesnt submit to nuclear inspections, theyve never even admitted to having nuclear capablility. they jailed the israeli scientist who broke the story to the west after kidnapping him in France.

Yes, no, you are so full of propaganda my head hurts.
    Iran had a 10+ year war with Iraq that killed Hundreds of thousands.
    est 320,000 - 720,000 Iraqis, 150,000 - 375,000 Iranians killed in the war. At least 100,000 civilians died.
    a war that was funded by the west, where we encouraged our then ally, Saddam to attack Iran. Iraq was the agressor. yes iran suffered horrendous casualties thanks to us. if anyone has cause to hate us for that war, the iranians do. it was our proxy war after all.

All three of those nations have fallowed international protical on gaining nuclear weapons, all three submit to inspections. All three are at least stable enough to not use them. Granted Pakistan swings a lot on the insanity spectrum at times, but they have been mature about nukes.
    no they havent. israel has never taken part in inspections or even acknowledged possessing nuclear weapons.

Because let's face facts this is actually about the roles each nation and people will have in the global civilazation. The US has become the law enforcement Arm, China is small goods. Suadi Arabia is the energy, Iran wants in but on thier terms, sadly they want to be the spiritial leaders, and that is not going to happen.
    ridiculously simplistic argument. self appointed policeman of states they dont like but protector of rogue states they do like? where do you get off with this kind of logic. its laughable. china is producer of small goods?

you listen to too much propoganda.
    1. Isreal has the right to exsist and protect itself.
    2. Isreal has never made the first move in any of the active agrression in the region.
    3. Isreal won all that terrority fair and square, the UN has gone against the law requiring Isreal to give up terrority won legally.
    4. No nation could with stand the US military if it invaded, not now. American military is off the scale powerful.
    5. The US will not invade Iran the currant president is a Liberal, and would only do hostilies if Iran struck first.
    6. Iran might be crazy but they are not stupid they will never strike first.
    7. if Iran does strike first then I guess they where truly stupid.
    8. Stop being a hater on Isreal and look again at what is going on in that region. try and be unbiased and look at the history. Because right now you are being lied to and have no clue as to what the truth is.
    all arguable and frankly not even worth debating if your view is this black and white. false flags, pushing people into a corner and then bombing them to smithereens doesnt match any of your points or your spelling.

how about we leave iran alone. if you want to police anyone police yourselves, or your ally israel. no one wants your "help". havent your done enough? 1.5 million dead iraqis from the last crusade, do you really want to see another one?