Possible new PC confic for wow mop

Hello guys,
    I'm an old wow player and I need some advise with a new desktop.

Looking around (and looking at my budget) I would like to assemble this one
    Case Midi Tower Cooler Master K280 USB3 ATX
    VideoBorad Radeon HD 7770 Core
    MOB (2 possible choises)
    Asrock 970 Extreme3 or ASROCK 970 PRO3
    CPU ( two possible choises)
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 4x512KB or AMD FX-6300 6-Core Vishera 3500MHz 14MB
    RAM DDR3 4GB (2x2GB)

I don't want to change hard disk and power supply.
    Could you give me some pro and contr about my choises?
    I didn't understand if the Mother boards I choose support the sata2 hard disk.

Thank you all very much for the advises.

Both motherboards have sata3 which is backward compatible with sata2 so you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by baller1308 View Post
    Both motherboards have sata3 which is backward compatible with sata2 so you should be fine.
    Thank you for the advise.
    Any feedback on the rest?

Looks good to me. Id probably pay a little extra for 8gigs ram just to have.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

For Alexeht , who asked me the budget:
    Video board 120-150 €
    CPU 70-90€ max
    mob 50-70€

Well for 310 euro you can only waste money imo. As I was writing before you should take core i5 3570k 8GB ram (as DDR3 are cheap) and GeForce GTX 650 Ti (or 660 Ti). Total cost would be around 600 euro but you would have this PC a long time and you can always oc cpu to 4.6Ghz without any issues. Parts you mention are weak and WoW is old and not very well optimized game, so if you want to play higher than medium settings I would build more expensive pc

10+ Year Old Account
    Why such an old CPU? Get an I5 3570k, and a better gpu. Memory is extremely cheap now days, you can get 8gb for 30$. AMD is really behind in their CPU part, I think personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxs101 View Post
    AMD is really behind in their CPU part, I think personally.
    This is no longer even a debate, it's a well proven fact for over a few generations now. Anyone questioning it, is in denial.

That's not necessarily true. For lower budget builds, the AMD FX-4300 and A10-5800k perform closely to the Intel i3 3220 at the same price point, and once overclocked will outperform it. Additionally, the A10's 7660D GPU is far superior, and isn't too shabby for lower res gaming if you can't afford to buy a discrete GPU right away. The downside is power consumption is higher on the AMD processors, and the upgrade path is inferior to having started with Intel's LGA1155 platform over AMD's AM3+ or FM2. Now if the budget isn't as much of an issue, and you can start looking at Core i5 processors, then Intel becomes a much clearer choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    This is no longer even a debate, it's a well proven fact for over a few generations now. Anyone questioning it, is in denial.
    2 Generations, phenom II x4's are still around @ the power level of the same years i7 9xx. Realistically speaking if your upgrading you wouldnt buy 3 gen old gear, if your limited on budget look into a trinity APU build like the 10-5800k or Fx-4300 and matching motherboards. 7770Ghz edition is a really cheap gpu that has a good chunk of power for its price, it is not the best model around but it will do the job.

Thank you for the advise,
    I will look how many money after xmas and recheck everything

Sorry again,
    what about mother board and case?
    Do you also have suggestion other than my choises?
    Thank you
    Last edited by Frostmaster; 2012-12-04 at 09:53 AM.