Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As much as I hate CRZ, I am happy about it on one server...

9PM server time, 6PM my time.

I would say that a Server Merge is almost required...

Edit: Fixed the image.
    Last edited by Arkuri; 2012-12-06 at 04:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just merge atleast 20 of their realms. Propably even more.

Is it possible to have one server up, but two different names? Like google, you know you get to google by writing googlogole.com and so forth..
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    What I found by transferring to a low population server back in WotLK the reason why it was low population: It harbored sociopaths.

It gave them free realm to grief and cause so many problems, and trade chat looked more what you'd expect at a Hannibal Lecter fan club meeting. I'm not exaggerating one bit -- dripping in sarcasm, nastiness and just plain evil. One of their past times was picking on a dude so bad, that you'd expect to see such behavior from a prison yard. The epitome of little bullies.

Shandris has a terrible raiding community, but community wise it's 100x better than that. I would never transfer to a low population realm again, it's low population due to shared sociopathy.
    I assure you, nothing like that goes on on the server I play on. Hell the trade chat is dead pretty much all day every day. Nobody even bothers to check it because nobody ever writes in it. Yeah, it's that dead.

Most people on my server are also really nice to each other, the few people you run into that are douche bags are immediately ignored and forgotten about anyways.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-12-05 at 10:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I assure you, nothing like that goes on on the server I play on. Hell the trade chat is dead pretty much all day every day. Nobody even bothers to check it because nobody ever writes in it. Yeah, it's that dead.

Most people on my server are also really nice to each other, the few people you run into that are douche bags are immediately ignored and forgotten about anyways.
    It went on that realm to the point it was like watching a horror flick.

There's the typical trade chat realms; the very busy trade chat realms (don't even think chat is possible for all the guild and LFR requests); more quiet realms more like Shandris...and there's THAT realm.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Blizz should merge them.
    But they wont do it cause it would stop people from paying more by tranfering to other servers.
    Hi

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's why they've created CRZ.

Deleted
    Merge all the low population servers with eachother.
    Best solution imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cross realm guilds, cross realm trade chat, cross realm ah. It gives the impression of being on a large server but without the 'shame' of merging servers. Soon "realms" will really be more groups of realms. There will still be restrictions though, like only being able to trade with people in your server group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Merging certain server types. Come out saying 'we got new technology but it requires servers to merge for it to run smoother!' sort of deal. That way they don't have to admit loss and can show it in a positive light.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomppa View Post
    make servers like "classic" and "tbc" ect so ppl ca experience the other xpacs like some did years ago.
    with the same balance and talenttrees that was at that time.
    There are dozens of reasons that won't ever happen. Some of the big ones are the money that would go into that and the lack of need to do it. You want the same balance and talent trees, those are changed several times in the duration of an expansion often based on the current end game options at the time, so that wont happen either. They want ppl to focus on the new things, as any company looking forward does. If they have ppl focus on the older stuff even if it is a small amount of them it will effect progress on the game.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Merging certain server types...
    I don't care how the merge they servers, if they ever do, but Seven(7) people online during prime-time is stupid and NEEDS to be fixed. T_T

Whether that's free transfers to a new server, or free transfers to the server my Alliance character is on, or even merging servers. I wish the US server would get as many free server transfers as Korea and EU does. I'd go for even a quarter as much.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    if they werent money whoring; they would give players on low pop free server transfer to any realm and give them time to decide and move. anybody who didnt transfer would have to transfer when the server gets shut down, their chars wouldnt be lost.

They shouldn't force people to merge and thereby upsetting ppl that don't like queues or for whatever reason. But they should open Free transfer one way from one low population realm to another low population realm, so that the people that doesn't like empty servers and no community can just move and increase the server population of one of the low pop realms.

Say you have three servers with 1000k active players each

Open free migration from two of those to a chosen third

then maybe half of the players will transfer.

So before

Realm 1: 1000 players
    Realm 2: 1000 players
    Realm 3: 1000 players

After

Realm 1: 500 players
    Realm 2: 500 players
    Realm 3: 2000 players

Sure you might argue that that would ruin the Realm 1 and Realm 2. But if you get the choice for a long time to transfer for Free, you're only stupid not to. I'm sure there are people that likes low pop realms. Those ppl will be happier with even less pople.

Win-win situation.

Merging servers doesn't fix server population problems. It is only a band aid fix for low population servers that doesn't guarantee that the new created realm won't end up dead in a year or two later again. It doesn't do anything for server with too high population. While high population servers aren't as big as a problem like low population, they still are an issue.

Free transfers don't work.

The only permanent fix to the server population problem is to get rid of servers, in other words move to a single shard model (which cross realm is in a way). That would mean to add cross realm guilds, newest raid tiers, mail and AH (but only for low population server, global AH wouldn't be good).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    They shouldn't force people to merge and thereby upsetting ppl that don't like queues or for whatever reason. But they should open Free transfer one way from one low population realm to another low population realm, so that the people that doesn't like empty servers and no community can just move and increase the server population of one of the low pop realms.

Say you have three servers with 1000k active players each

Open free migration from two of those to a chosen third
    Noted that this is something of a necro but the subject is still something to talk about and good responses are just that.

OK. Moderator stuff done I'll note that what I quoted is extremely incomplete in terms of solving any problems. Mainly because it's not just low population servers that are the problem. Servers with even mid-size populations that are severely faction imbalanced are in the same place if you're in the minority faction. So simple server transfers without taking faction balance or imbalance into account isn't really that helpful.

I think the only real solution is for them to eventually expand the promise that's in CRZ and put everyone on a battlegroup more or less into one megaserver. For a significant part we're really already there on a zone level. That leaves primarily auction houses as the other piece. And there's no telling how that will work out. Maybe not combine all auction houses in a battle group to one. Maybe just a few or something. In any case, I don't see Blizzard shutting down servers and I especially don't see them forcing people to migrate.

As well, as the recent kerfluffle over CRZ showed, many people prefer smaller servers. They won't be happy to be on a larger server and being forced to move will make them even less happy. Blizzard somehow needs to hit a very small target which is a compromise for both sides.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-03-10 at 08:43 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

FYI the Asian realm servers were merged many times and most servers maintain a healthy player population.

I really don't understand why is Blizzard hesitating to merge for US and EU realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support merging servers. And while they're at it, start balancing out A:H ratio on each server.
    I could that merging servers would somewhat restore some faith in Blizzard which is currently plagued by the 'Activision runs Blizzard' tag.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Deleted
    Give free transfers for guilds & individual from empty servers to medium servers, keep that up for a few months then just merge it, at least people had a chance to go before then

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    Noted that this is something of a necro but the subject is still something to talk about and good responses are just that.

OK. Moderator stuff done I'll note that what I quoted is extremely incomplete in terms of solving any problems. Mainly because it's not just low population servers that are the problem. Servers with even mid-size populations that are severely faction imbalanced are in the same place if you're in the minority faction. So simple server transfers without taking faction balance or imbalance into account isn't really that helpful.

I think the only real solution is for them to eventually expand the promise that's in CRZ and put everyone on a battlegroup more or less into one megaserver. For a significant part we're really already there on a zone level. That leaves primarily auction houses as the other piece. And there's no telling how that will work out. Maybe not combine all auction houses in a battle group to one. Maybe just a few or something. In any case, I don't see Blizzard shutting down servers and I especially don't see them forcing people to migrate.

As well, as the recent kerfluffle over CRZ showed, many people prefer smaller servers. They won't be happy to be on a larger server and being forced to move will make them even less happy. Blizzard somehow needs to hit a very small target which is a compromise for both sides.

Servers with only 7 people online at prime time. It does give a whole new meaning to wrathions greetings hero quest.
    But seriously as the poster below your quoted post said.
    They merged Asian realms several times and they maintain a healthy population, it makes no sense whatsoever why dead realms are not merged together.

And well what you are essentially proposing with a megaserver just comes down to one big server merger.

CRZ well you might stumble upon someone else more often while levelling but imo the game itself has from a levelling perspective been made so single player friendly that you do not have to communicate with others or band together to do a certain quest while levelling. Most of the time you do not even have to ask for directions to quest items etc.
    So in a way, people who used to start conversations about where stuff is or if they would help out with killing an elite quest mob do not do that anymore because they do not have to. And because they do not have to, when levelling up it has no concequens whatsoever if they are in a CRZ or not. Only when it concerns the occasional mining node or herb being taken by someone else do people get angry because that was like their node (btw ROFL when considering how people farmed thorium and dreamfoil back in vanilla).

In the end make those damned server mergers. It isn't funny playing on an empty realm and throwing out a bunch of money to server transfer to a new realm with main and alts is just not an option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    They won't merge it for a while because it's indirectly admitting reduction in subscription
    That's bullshit... I played on a server that was pretty big in vanilla-bc and died at the end of bc.
    The un-subbing from people has been a thing since cata I know people have been saying wow died with the new patch/xpac since burning crusade, but they released the first numbers in cata (I think).
    Not merging realms would eventually lead to more people deciding to quit while admitting reduction in subscriptions wouldn't do anything.
    I'm also pretty sure that Blizz has already admitted that they're losing subs.