Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wollveren View Post
    IMO the player base is like a group of children. There are the tough "elite" kids, the kids which are appreciative and the kids which are easily spoilt. You keep giving those easily spoilt kids what they want, they will only get worse.

Just my opinion
    Well to be honest, I see the "tough elite kids" as the spoilt ones and unappreciative, saying "I don't care if he pays the same a mount as I do, I want more value for my money than him..."

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    I just wish the swing from easy to hard, and from too rewarding to not rewarding enough was not so extreme, and there was evidence they were in fact zeroing in on a reasonable target.
    Instead, the raiding design and reward mechanisms have become complex, even baroque. It's hard to see where any of it is going. Do the developers even know?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Well, some of most complained about changes (valor gear, LFR, guild perks) have all been geared towards enabling a more raiding friendly game. The "boom" was intended by actions from Blizzard works quite well as a bottom line answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Still means approxx 6-8 million do not raid.
    Raiding has always been a small percentage. The time involvement, rigidness and pettiness makes sure to keep people away.

Raiding reminds me of this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8JQI9IkY_E

Complete with the brawl over loot or other guild drama.

That isn't the norm. Most like to relax and enjoy a game, not bring rulers to measure epeens.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    A casual will join the game level a few chars do something in game, get turned off by the hard raids and maybe quit. This is a risk for their investment so they need to make sure EVERY SINGLE form of content they make is done by most people.

This is why we got achievements. They are goals in game to show us what content to do.

That's not greed that's being sensible. Why make a game and cut people out of it? Why bother spending most of your development time making content that most people can't commit to seeing?

If you've got something good show it off. Heroics are there if this concept upsets you.

You do understand how businesses work do you not?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Raiding has always been a small percentage. The time involvement, rigidness and pettiness makes sure to keep people away.

Raiding reminds me of this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8JQI9IkY_E

Complete with the brawl over loot or other guild drama.

That isn't the norm. Most like to relax and enjoy a game, not bring rulers to measure epeens.
    Sounds like you have a few sticks up your ass? Like with anything in this game it boils down to who you play with, I don't see any other aspect of this game being any different from what you're talking about. It just depends how much of a dick the rest of the guys you're playing with are. In fact I find doing dailies and random 5's and even LFR more infuriating as the people you meet there treat everyone as nobody and people they can exploit and not give a damn about, atleast in our raid group people tend to not treat eachother as shit...

Personally, outside of raiding there's little to nothing -for me- to do in this game. That said I had no idea there even was a raid boom, if anything it's just LFR, and LFR is not raiding, it's just a way to get gear with little effort. I doubt you'd see people rush to LFR every week if there were no possible drop, and just a "See the content" parade.

Also, for the few people brining up the monthly payment argument..really? Now that's entitlement for ya...

It was caused by the playerbase maturing over the years, and the game being dumped down to a point where people weren't scared off.

For most people inn wow it seems redicously silly just to post an apply I bet - Something I find essential if I wanted to raid.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Wollveren View Post
    Hello MMO-Champion community;

I have been playing WoW since 2 months after the release of vanilla, I have enjoyed my time from start to finish, and although had my moments where I felt disappointed in the quality of the patch or expansion, I still continued to play

Now my main question is why the sudden "boom" in players everywhere demanding to see all the raid content at once. I am NOT COMPLAINING here, I am simply curious as to where all the sudden demands and complaints etc... came from. I do remember my times from vanilla, and I also remember how it was only a minority of the players who were able to experience raids, but I do also remember that at this time a large population of the game didn't seem to care that much, and were fine with themselves not being able to complete raids.

Which surprises me because in recent times I am starting to see more and more posts with people demanding to be able to experience the raids and complete it at their own skill levels. Although I am perfectly fine with that (me being one of those people who use LFR on a weekly basis), am quite saddened by the fact that now PvE scales with player skill, and not the other way around, but I see Blizzards reasons and accept that.

But what I don't understand is what caused this sudden uprising in the players demanding to experience the content. Because if my memory still holds, I remember in Vanilla (and I think TBC) there wasn't much demand for raids to scale down.

I think that it's because of the increase in the player population or the increase in forums usage etc... But either way, when or what do you guys believe caused this sudden "boom"?
    I think the time around you changed and with it people changed also.
    There is no deep underlying reason for it at all; it is a natural thing what is going on and it will keep happening.

Everything has to adapt to the present time, this goes for games also.

You know, there was a time that people would step into a car and travel to anywhere, just talking to eachother.
    Now, people build dvd-players and screens in their cars, just to kill the time when traveling.
    Having the car windows go up and down, was a luxuary thing in the past... now people demand it even in the cheapest of cars.
    I remember I used to have a MAP-book in my car, for when i hot a city I didn't know the roads in. I used to stop and try to find my destination on the maps.
    Now, people will laugh at me if I did the same.... navigational systems are a must, in the car, on the mobile phone...

it is just time passing by and bringing us more and more.
    Last edited by Synstir; 2012-12-06 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leelad View Post
    You do understand how businesses work do you not?
    I do actually. Blizzard's business model doesn't work and the 40-50% off sales 2 months in a new expansion show it.

If you've got something good show it off. Heroics are there if this concept upsets you.
    I am doing heroics actually. Close to downing Elegon hc and ToES first boss hc. What bother's me are the nerfs that will kick in soon to herd people in the already easy content. The fact that we have to do LFR, Normal and Heroic which is the same content over and over. The gating and dailies that make me sick to my stomach... the list goes on. Heroic raiding is the same crap over again not something special for raiders.

That's not greed that's being sensible. Why make a game and cut people out of it? Why bother spending most of your development time making content that most people can't commit to seeing?
    Why shoe horn people in crappy content instead of letting people do what they want? I dont want a farm but i need it for motes on my main and herbs on my alt. I dont want to do dailies but they reward 496 ilvl gear that is essential for gearing for heroics.

Blizzard's greed is just going to cause them to choke to death in the long run.