Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Nourish is hardly worth the little mana it costs. If you have to refresh lifebloom directly, just refresh it with lifebloom itself, it's less mana. This hardly ever happens though if you spend some OOC procs on RG on the tank. The paradox about the glyph is that if you have 3+ targets that need rejuv, then you shouldn't be casting nourish even with the increased cast speed. 3+ rejuvs means raid wide damage.
    Last edited by Soraka; 2012-12-05 at 03:25 AM.

I don't understand how you guys heal...

Basically from what i understand, you think that SM or random procs of clearcasting will keep your mastery up 100%...

and just so let you know, imo, if you don't think Nourish is worth the time or a good cheap heals for tanks/raid and great source of keeping up Harmony, i will not comment on how you heal, but being ignorant saying Nourish is not worth it, it makes me wonder how you heal when SM, Swiftness, WG, you have blanket the raid...so you do nothing but to wait for RG proc, and reblanket the raid...so thats how you conserve mana...

Plus, in heavy raid AOE dmg heroic bosses, if you think that a Reju + SM + WG can keep anyone up long enough to live through, while busy keeping track of Harmony, and keeping track of LB on tanks or raid hp up with Cheap heals while conserving mana to last thru a long fight by ignoring Nourish, guess what, by all means do it your way.

Blanket the raid with Reju and hope they don't die is always the wrong way to go, for me anyway.

Also, Nourish does heal someone + refreshing LB + refresh Harmony, reapplying LB is just a refresh of LB. So by healing with Nourish, i'm doing 3 things in 1 GCD, guess that's too complicated for some to understand.

Everyone got their own healing style, but i doubt you'll see the benefit of nourish anytime soon.

Swiftmend should be used on CD. That's a 15 sec cd (12 sec with 4p). Harmony is a 20 sec buff. Keeping up harmony should be a non-issue.

If lifebloom is about to expire, all you have to do is refresh with lifebloom.
    Nourish is a 29k heal. Lifebloom does that much in about 2.5 seconds. All you're really doing is refreshing lifebloom for twice as much mana as you would with lifebloom.
    Nourish isn't really a cheap heal, it's just a small heal. It has somewhat similar HPM to Regrowth and Healing Touch. And by casting nourish on the lifebloom target you cast a pretty De Minimis about of healing on the only target that really doesn't need small heals since lifebloom is already ticking on him. If the tank isn't above say 70%, you should cast regrowth anyways, otherwise let lifebloom tick; fullbaring just makes lifebloom overheal. By your statment do you mean to say you don't keep track of harmony and lifebloom and rather just cast nourish on the tank for safety? Keeping track of harmony and lifebloom should be trivial and second nature. Casting nourish is either, a twice as expensive way to refresh lifebloom (if raid damage truly is so light that all you need to do is refresh lifebloom) or an opportunity cost when you should be casting something more meaningful.

"Plus, in heavy raid AOE dmg heroic bosses, if you think that a Reju + SM + WG can keep anyone up long enough to live through"
    "Blanket the raid with Reju and hope they don't die is always the wrong way to go, for me anyway."

Are you meaning to say you use nourish to save people from dying? Per mana spend, rejuvenation heals for almost 3 times as much as nourish. Rejuv, SM and WG are our bread and butter spells and all three are super mana efficient. Augmenting the rotation to add nourish at best, ignoring opportunity cost, makes you spend 3 times as much mana per healing done in comparison to any of those spells. I suppose you're welcome to question how effective a healer I am. Likewise, I seriously question yours. If I do misunderstand some of what you're saying and you are in fact a good healer, I contend the fact you use nourish has little to do with it. You could remove it from your rotation and do nothing else and no one would die. It's such a small heal. At best, you probably only cause rejuv to overheal. If people truly are that low, nourish is not the goto spell. And as I said earlier, nourish is rather inefficient per mana. If you removed it from your rotation, you would have more mana to rejuv more. The mana you spend on nourish in a given fight would translate to almost 3 times more healing done (and HPS) if you spend that same amount of mana on rejuves.

P.S. For what it's worth, I cleared all of DS Heroics when current without casting a single nourish. I don't even have it on my bars.
    Last edited by Soraka; 2012-12-05 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eielayia View Post
    P.S. For what it's worth, I cleared all of DS Heroics when current without casting a single nourish. I don't even have it on my bars.
    at what % nerf did you clear H-DS?

as a resto druid, you can not depend on RG or HT due to the random proc of clearcast...so basically Reju and SM is your main priority while stack...but since spamming Reju is just dumb right innefficient for mana, spamming 3 Reju is good enough to gain the 30% haste to heal 2-3 time while waiting for Clearcast. And since we are not a direct heal class, our direct heals is just some dead weight if we spam.

Some fights with high AOE dmg, eg. H Elegon/H-grand empress, you can't just spam reju to blanket everyone, might go oom in a matter of sec. So i use Nourish to top them abit so they don't die quick while waiting for other more reliable AOE heals such as SM or WG to come back on, while other heals also doing some direct heals (Paladin).

Druid is build for hots, but not healing people to full. Nourish is still a good spell to cast afew times while waiting.

Reapplying LB, like i said, just a waste of a GCD cause it does nothing but reapply.

May be Nourish is a small heal that you don't see benefit in it, but saying Spamming SM on CD is just pure waste of good Elflorrecent and overhealing.

Reapplying LB with LB is about 1/3 the mana cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irzerg View Post
    as a resto druid, you can not depend on RG or HT due to the random proc of clearcast...so basically Reju and SM is your main priority while stack...but since spamming Reju is just dumb right innefficient for mana, spamming 3 Reju is good enough to gain the 30% haste to heal 2-3 time while waiting for Clearcast. And since we are not a direct heal class, our direct heals is just some dead weight if we spam.

Some fights with high AOE dmg, eg. H Elegon/H-grand empress, you can't just spam reju to blanket everyone, might go oom in a matter of sec. So i use Nourish to top them abit so they don't die quick while waiting for other more reliable AOE heals such as SM or WG to come back on, while other heals also doing some direct heals (Paladin).

Druid is build for hots, but not healing people to full. Nourish is still a good spell to cast afew times while waiting.

Reapplying LB, like i said, just a waste of a GCD cause it does nothing but reapply.

May be Nourish is a small heal that you don't see benefit in it, but saying Spamming SM on CD is just pure waste of good Elflorrecent and overhealing.
    My top 50 world ranks on multiple fights is going to have to disagree with just about everything of what you said in your post. Please, don't post in class help threads if you have no idea what you're talking about.

---------------------------------------------------------

As for a quick glance at the logs, it looks like he's missing a few Swiftmend CD's, which is losing him some overall throughput. His Wild Growth uptime is pretty low for not being Glyphed into it, so he may have an issue with not keeping track of that cooldown very well.

As stated multiple times, Glyph of Blooming has got to go. He needs to hit the 3043 haste breakpoint and then go for Mastery. Personally, I don't recommend the Soul of the Forest build until 4pc, which is when I'm going to give it a real try and see if it's viable with the right set up.

Ask him if he's refreshing Lifebloom and Rejuv when Tsulong breaths on him, because it will buff his hots extremely for the duration of the Tsulong buff.

I also tend to drop Wild Mushrooms in the melee stack during Night phasem because it's not as heavily affected by AoE DR in melee as it would be in ranged (and they're stacked tighter). As unappealing as Wild Mushrooms are, I find they are useful on multiple fights, including Tsulong, since you can't just cast ONLY Rejuv these days. Get him to try that, see if it works for him.

He only had 3 Clearcasting procs the entire fight, which is directly related to his 33% uptime on Lifebloom. He also used 33 Regrowth's that weren't free, so that is going to be very detrimental to his mana, which could be affecting his healing numbers in general. Also, on a 7 minute fight, he only used Nature's Swiftness twice, which is a once minute cooldown. If he uses it on cooldown to snipe people who are at half or below in Night phase, and use it for when he is breathed on in Day phase, he will increase his numbers from that too.

I think it's just a playstyle issue, to be honest. If you can fix his "odd" playstyle, I think you could make him into a fairly decent healer.
    Last edited by xXsoftcoreXx; 2012-12-05 at 09:31 AM.