Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    lol. lock cc. shitty. thats a first.
    Right now a warlock has fear + howl of terror / mortal coil / shadowfury.... in RBG
    In cataclysm we had fear, death coil, (instant) howl of terror ( and shadowfury if destro ), infernal stun and engineering bombs in RBG

Almost every single spec nowadays brings more cc than a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by kyraka View Post
    Now, all 3 specs of locks are shit
    No. Now u just need to actually use ur brain and not ur 1shot macro. "amagawd locks not viable anymoa cuz i cant global someone !!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    hunter, dk, ele sham

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lokatii View Post
    Rogue burst is also starting to creep up, spriests need some (more) nerfbat love as well.
    didnt know my rogue got burst

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    didnt know my rogue got burst
    they do if you play them correctly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    No. Now u just need to actually use ur brain and not ur 1shot macro. "amagawd locks not viable anymoa cuz i cant global someone !!!"
    How do you want to use your brain when affliction does no damage, demonology does no damage and destruction has some damage but you can never get it off?
    Demonology had 1 trick, which was very hard to pull off against proper opponents, right now demonology has nothing.

EDIT:
    -Hunters don't have a lot of cc? They are one of the classes with the most, if not the most instant cc available.
    -Death knights have a silence and endless root, or a stun, double grip and an aoe stun/ aoe grip and if I'm not mistaken unholy has a pet to stun. I consider a dk making proper use of his control tools way more dangerous than a warlock.
    -Shamans, yeah they have hex, they are an exception when it comes to cc, but they are only brought to heal, not to dps since elemental is not viable.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2012-12-04 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lokatii View Post
    Rogue burst is also starting to creep up, spriests need some (more) nerfbat love as well.
    I dont see how they can do that without demolishing shadow pve which is nowhere close to locks dps. By most charts its somewhere in the middle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raffie View Post
    I dont see how they can do that without demolishing shadow pve which is nowhere close to locks dps. By most charts its somewhere in the middle.
    And being in the middle is bad?

Yes? No? From what point of view? Nerf the rng aspect of shadow and youll get a rock bottom pve spec. Do you remember the times when shadow was able to kill a person merely by doting them up and going LoS? Would you prefer that kind of shadow priest pvp back ? Spectral guise has been nerfed, and so has Psyfiend. What else do you want? To devour the spec completely?
    Last edited by raffie; 2012-12-04 at 10:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't a oneshot macro, it was just timing dark soul, meta and an on-use trinket at the same time. Plenty of classes do this, despite your allusion towards some sort of one-shot (lol) loving autism.

Demo warlock barely had any pressure beyond chaos wave, now our pressure is simply laughable outside of 2m cds.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Right now a warlock has fear + howl of terror / mortal coil / shadowfury.... in RBG
    In cataclysm we had fear, death coil, (instant) howl of terror ( and shadowfury if destro ), infernal stun and engineering bombs in RBG

lol what are you smoking, "almsot every single spec nowadays brings more cc then a warlock" not every class is a war or mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    lol what are you smoking, "almsot every single spec nowadays brings more cc then a warlock" not every class is a war or mage
    So hunters, priests, rogues, druids, paladins, death knights and monks don't bring equal or better contol then a warlock?
    The only thing with less cc then a warlock are shamans, all the rest has an equal amount or more cc. Heck, I think besides paladins and shamans every class has more then a warlock.

If you actually bothered spending some time to think how much cc every class brings, you wouldn't look like an idiot now.

Deleted
    lol. lock cc. shitty. thats a first.

Cast time fear.....can be talented into instant fear on a 10 second CD that takes away 10% of your own health (And at the lose of Trinket talent or Sprint)
    and
    A choice of either (pick 1 from): Shadowfury (AoE 3 second Stun) Howl of Terror (AoE 8 second fear) or Mortal Coil (3 second fear + 15% health heal)

Lock's have lost A LOT of their CC............it is very much "shitty"

Wait what is this paladin CC > warlock business.

I've got blinding light, which breaks instantly on 1 damage, unlike fear which doesn't seem to break till you're rezzing.

I've got Fist of Justice.

Am I missing anything? Please don't say repentence.

Warlocks aren't mages (or warriors), but they have hell of a lot of utility and CC in their own right (as do Pallies, which makes up for their lack of CC). Don't exaggerate how "weak" they are. And as Kosechi earlier pointed out, if you're bringing a warlock to arena for raw damage only, you're bringing the wrong class. Again, it's like bringing a paladin for his 3 minute cooldown only.

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Correct!

What are we supposed to do now? Damage is piss poor for 2 minutes, then is good (not great) for 20 seconds, then is in the dirt again. Wonderful!
    Several classes play like that. Rogues, hunters, monks, etc.

by other specs you mean mages? most other casters have 1-2 hard ccs as well, same goes for the melee. in fact i think lock cc might actually be balanced for the first time ever.

blood fear alone is enough to make every healer who isn't a shaman hate the hell out of you.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    by other specs you mean mages? most other casters have 1-2 hard ccs as well, same goes for the melee. in fact i think lock cc might actually be balanced for the first time ever.

blood fear alone is enough to make every healer who isn't a shaman hate the hell out of you.
    With balanced you mean losing almost all of our cc and being forced to take a stupid talent to stay at least a little competive in terms of cc?

Deleted
    The harder you use your brain the less you will be pvping on your warlock and the more you will pvp on your alt healer or warrior. It's true :-)

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 02:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    Several classes play like that. Rogues, hunters, monks, etc.
    several specs are shitty right now, that's right.

The usual suspects keep dominating though untouched and unhindered, and that is unfortunate.
    Last edited by mmoc10839b38d9; 2012-12-05 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrida View Post
    As a DK, I can't tell you how happy I am about this change. I'm virtually in all full dreadful, and I was sitting getting Chaos Waved anywhere between 150k to 200k. It's a nightmare, and as slow as it moves, it can still be really tough to avoid.

Other than this, I don't believe locks will need anymore nerfs.
    This: It's easy to say: just avoid it. But in 3s, sheep one person, fear another, stun the kill target, wave wave frost bomb. GG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    This: It's easy to say: just avoid it. But in 3s, sheep one person, fear another, stun the kill target, wave wave frost bomb. GG.
    You really think 3 people gonna allow it to get themselves cc'ed simultaneously? Maybe when a 1k rated team is facing a 2.4k team, but otherwise, no.
    And otherwise, if they don't have trinkets or cooldowns left that can be used while cc'ed, it means they got outplayed really really badly, which means you should lose anyway.