Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    No but really, just play affliction. It's not horrible, and they'll have to buff it soon, I've seen rank 1 warlocks that refused to play demo because it was filthy stream it at decent ratings (2300+) and it still works to a certain extent. You just won't be 1 shotting shit.
    Affliction is even worse atm, our debuffs can be dispelled with so much ease, plus UA is not really that bad to dispel - it's penalty for dispelling at this time is sad at best. With these conditions affliction warlocks can't really hope to do some burst damage when needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Affliction is even worse atm, our debuffs can be dispelled with so much ease, plus UA is not really that bad to dispel - it's penalty for dispelling at this time is sad at best. With these conditions affliction warlocks can't really hope to do some burst damage when needed.
    Whenever an affliction warlock uses haunt, it instantly gets dispelled, healers don't even care about UA. In addition to that, dots do close to no damage, whenever I'm healing on my restodruid, fear alone does more pressure then the damage from the dots the warlock has. And that my sons, is a really bad sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Correct!

What are we supposed to do now? Damage is piss poor for 2 minutes, then is good (not great) for 20 seconds, then is in the dirt again. Wonderful!
    Ret would like a word with you.

just read whole topic and lol so hard as i do now... this discussion is sooo fu*** pointless atm. Half thinks that lock are pro by getting nerfed in both viable speces. Half cry about locks getting nerfed in both viable speces. cmon how cool is that!

In every exp some classes suck, thats it. Thru most cata wars was just lol! now they pwn! same goes to demo/destro locks in cata now they dun pwn even half that much as arms wars and ppl still cry cus of 3 sec cast or ez avoidable 2 min cd! I dun play arena on high rating, tho i know some top players and never, NEVER heard from them to cry bout locks. Most of them are actually happy to meet some locks cus they are 100% predicable! if u see demo lock how retarded u have to be even on low rating to dun figure out that eventaully he will pop up everything ha have, since lock dun have any preasure outside chaos bolt/demo cd, its not hard to save what u need when they go all nuke. What can be better in arena then oponent without anything left to do...? if u sink chaos bolt he have to recast 10 or so incinerates without u LOSing , interupting etc If u survive by poping def cds or losing chaos weave u won!

Stop blaming class for UR lack of skill to avoid shit! at the end lock will be nerfed again, they alerdy are. Prolly liek someone said they will buff affli a bit and lock will end up with one spec to play again

Seriously i agree with most opinions that pvp is broken like it never was b4, op healers= need of 1-2 op skilz on heavy cd to kill anything...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinivus View Post
    Except that ret damage is actually good when they burst. Demonology right now crits 150k with chaoswave, 75k hit. If you pop all your cooldowns and you deal 150k damage with it, then that is just pathetic seeing how warriors can just crit for 100k+ every now and then, or a frost mage taking 50% of your health away with a scatter, without the need of stacking cooldowns.

Deleted
    I would like to see Blizz be less of a victim to dmg trolling, I think Symbiosis causes bigger imbalance than burst right now. aura CoE got nerfed to absolute shit, now a full stacked chaos wave gets nerfed. So all in all wlocks rerolled demo to cope with melee, then it turns out once every 2 min we can dmg melee if they are stupid enough to let us cast and gain demo fury enough to get dots rolling and CW twice full cd.
    Wish people would stop getting butthurt and get some resi gear and then realise that max 200 k in 2 globals isnt so bad, also the term one shot is kinda loosely used nowadays. For instance the banish pet <20%, havoc shadowflame pet bug hits way harder, they could have nerfed that.
    The nerf is actually much larger than it seems cause we can still only cw twice every 2 minutes, the dmg without trinkets ain't that hot, so demo is kinda fucked from now on. Unless ferals, mages, warriors get the same treatment dmg wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    With balanced you mean losing almost all of our cc and being forced to take a stupid talent to stay at least a little competive in terms of cc?
    you went from having 3-4 ccs to having 2? which is perfectly in line with most other casters. fear is one of the best ccs in the game right now.
    locks haven't changed so much that focus faking some one into a fear and portal howling badly placed opponents doesn't work anymore

UA needs a buff, i agree, , but if your problem with lock's is control, then i don't know what game you've been playing, thank god locks won't be using axe toss anymore.

Except that ret damage is actually good when they burst. Demonology right now crits 150k with chaoswave, 75k hit. If you pop all your cooldowns and you deal 150k damage with it, then that is just pathetic seeing how warriors can just crit for 100k+ every now and then, or a frost mage taking 50% of your health away with a scatter, without the need of stacking cooldowns.
    ret damage is not good, even with cds rolling it can't match the raw damage output of warriors and ferals. it has vastly less synergy, and is mostly propped up by its capacity to keep a stronger melee mobile and healed.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    Several classes play like that. Rogues, hunters, monks, etc.
    All those class's can OPEN with it, Demo can't

Same applies to Ret

All of these class's can front end their "2mins then fuck all" where as Demo needs to spend 30 seconds - 1 minute building Demonic Fury. We can't enter an arena and let loose....

Now with that taken away, Demo can run around for a minute building fury, hitting like a wet noddle, pop everything they have....and have their partner/partners kill the thing they are attacking as they can't do it themselves still
    Last edited by mmoc3c347a2199; 2012-12-05 at 08:13 AM.

One down, two left.

Whos next? Mage or Warrior?

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    One down, two left.

Whos next? Mage or Warrior?

Warrior has already been balanced remember!.............lol

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, even with the nerf to chaos wave, it's still able to do ridiculous and stupid damage. I saw a livestreamer doing 296k chaos waves with that battle banner up. 33% nerf without battle banner the chaos wave would still do something like 180k dmg. x2 would mean he would still be able to two-shot a guy.

Deleted
    ret is a spec though. Ret can spec holy and faceroll to high ratings. (same with all heal-able classes)
    warlocks are equally broken and unviable in all specs now. Not all classes enjoy the luxury of being able to be (often) viable in their DPS spec and always, guaranteed demi-gods in their heal-specs - because they got no choice at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    You know, even with the nerf to chaos wave, it's still able to do ridiculous and stupid damage. I saw a livestreamer doing 296k chaos waves with that battle banner up. 33% nerf without battle banner the chaos wave would still do something like 180k dmg. x2 would mean he would still be able to two-shot a guy.
    That's in PVE or before hotfix

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    There seems to be a lot of talk about how Demo damage is bad, until the macros pop and Chaos Wave goes off.
    Is that a good design to you? "Well it's bad, but CW hits like a truck, CW needs to stay as it is"
    CW gets nerfed, maybe now there'll be some compensation overall, to put damage in line without increasing burst.

Chaos Wave was not fine in it's previous state. But I think Blizzard has a rougher time with Frost Bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    warlocks are equally broken and unviable in all specs now. Not all classes enjoy the luxury of being able to be (often) viable in their DPS spec and always, guaranteed demi-gods in their heal-specs - because they got no choice at all.
    If demo was surviving merely on an OP burst ability, then the issue has to be fixed by other means.

ret is a spec though. Ret can spec holy and faceroll to high ratings. (same with all heal-able classes)
    What if I told you that even those who play hybrids want their dps spec to be viable
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-12-05 at 03:28 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    I don't understand the QQ about demo lock damage. This burst (now) requires external buffs, 2m CDs from the warlock, a window, LoS the whole time, regardless of what you think several globals to accomplish, and above everything else the most important part is it takes significant pooling of resources in the form of Fury and HoG charges.

Burst damage is acceptable when you have to work for it because it's predictable and stoppable by good counter play.

Feral, stormblast 1shot macros or BM hunter release the zoo burst is what is ridiculous. All can come at you out of nowhere.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Almost every single spec nowadays brings more cc than a warlock.
    At first I was like:

I still am, but at first I was too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    lollololololol
    no.
    i've played both ret and holy at respectably high ratings, hpal is most assuredly NOT faceroll, particularly in a caster dominant season.
    also, why does being a hybrid make paladin's less worthy of having a viable dps spec? warlock's have had a much much better history of representation and viability then ret has.

does UA need a buff? sure, but warlocks are far from unviable, if you want to know about unviable, talk to disc priests.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"