Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Elegon normal seems to be our wall.

Alright my group had 1 week where we were hitting a *Gara'jal* wall. Now it seems Elegon is giving us a very hard time. We had to pug 1 Dps this week and after 5 tries he said Dps was our issue, though I am not convinced. If anyone could please take a look- http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...?s=3009&e=3537 & give me any feedback it would be much appreciated! I have requested all raiders in that group read the guides/reforge/re-gem/etc. We have been making improvements but he is still not dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Several of your DPS need to pick it up. There shouldn't be a 40k+ Gap in DPS. How many Orbs do you kill per phase? We did 4-6 each time.

We are burning 3-4 & we have been instructing them to burn more than 4 for the buff. But it seems its just not happening.

DPS is your issue. Even your paladin tank damage seems crazy low. Elegon is only getting to 8 stacks of Draw Power which is 5% per stack. For our kills, both heroic and normal we're pushing 10 stacks which is one additional add per core phase than what you're currently killing. Basically you want to try and aim for 4 cores killed per draw phase in order to get 5 Draw Power stacks each time. This should help get you over the hump. Have your tanks help weaker DPS who might not be able to get the 4th core killed in time and save mini 1 min cool downs if necessary ot ensure that the core dies.
    --
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nejji/advanced
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.”

nvm it's not wtf

Can you be more specific as to what's going wrong? What phase are you wiping in? How many protectors spawn? How many sparks are you doing? (3 then 4, which makes no sense). Looking briefly at the logs, I can tell you that DPS is an issue, especially with the attempt you linked, the tank being 4th on DPS is not supposed to happen.

DPS seems a bit low for a fight that specifically increases your damage done. 50-60k is decent for a normal fight, but not one such as Elegon. Work with your DPS and see if you can help them squeak out a bit more damage.

I am smiting some of them to assist. I am unsure of the Tanks assisting I would assume so but shall ask. I really appreciate the feedback we just have to get through this.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 10:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Giliandrix View Post
    Can you be more specific as to what's going wrong? What phase are you wiping in? How many protectors spawn? How many sparks are you doing? (3 then 4, which makes no sense). Looking briefly at the logs, I can tell you that DPS is an issue, especially with the attempt you linked, the tank being 4th on DPS is not supposed to happen.
    By 3-4 as in the sparks coming out we are able to down 3 to 4 waves of them but cannot get more than 4 waves. We are wiping before or at P3. With the berserk timer getting so close as we reach P3.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwayshealing View Post
    I am smiting some of them to assist. I am unsure of the Tanks assisting I would assume so but shall ask. I really appreciate the feedback we just have to get through this.
    Specifically you want whoever was last tanking to try and spread as much damage as possible to the cores while his vengeance is still high. If it is me tanking then I try and make sure I have a Thrash ready to go to apply a dot on all the cores as soon as they spawn. Positioning can be tricky but once you get it you'll watch adds melt. After the Thrash I usually go assist our shadow priest or rogue if he didn't pool any energy before the spawn.

For reference here's a link to our heroic kill and you can see both the tanks pulling 65k+

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6188&e=6700
    --
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.”

3 of your dps appear to be out dps'd by your blood DK tank. I can see why you are having issues. Not sure what you gear situations are like but the mage, shaman and rogue need to step it up for sure

My group just killed Elegon for the first time this week, and your groups dps is much lower. Here is a link to our log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8218&e=8730

Everyone in our raid group is a min iLv of 481 that I know of. I am wondering what else I could do as the Raid lead to assist them. Again I thank you all for taking time to look over this and give advice, thank you!

15+ Year Old Account
    You can still manage the kill if you drop 4 sets of sparks each time. One key to squeeze in some dps is to drop the 4th wave then everyone burn the boss and ignore the 5th wave before the floor gives out. Some of your dps are quite low for a fight like Elegon. Make sure ranged is standing near the edge and pop out and in fast before adds blow up. We usually have 2 melee on the adds during phase 1 since we have to drag them out and drop our stacks as well. Makes more sense than staying on the boss and running all the way out and back in - too much time off a target.

Also like others have said, tanks can help classes that aren't as bursty to get their sparks down, and short cooldowns for wave 4 are a good idea if needed. When pillars pop make sure you've got dps on each pillar so they drop asap. Less adds to clean up, less damage out, etc.

Pushing 4 sparks each time (5 stacks) is great actually if you can manage it consistently. Identify the people that have the biggest issues with sparks and then have tanks/healers assisting them. Just remember, that Elegon gains the addition debuff stack when the sparks GO OUT, not when the sparks themselves are all killed. So if you know your team can consistently do the 3rd/4th sparks, on the next one, 4th/5th, everyone should be ignoring the sparks and DPSing Elegon. It shaves off a decent % of his life this way, more so during the second phase 2 since he's at higher stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwayshealing View Post
    Everyone in our raid group is a min iLv of 481 that I know of. I am wondering what else I could do as the Raid lead to assist them. Again I thank you all for taking time to look over this and give advice, thank you!
    A lot of times it simply comes down to pushing buttons harder and faster. Maximize those actions per minute. Look at logs of similar groups and find differences. Is the Shaman casting 20 fewer lava bursts over a 5 minute stretch? That might be a problem. Is the mage using an improper talent or one which doesn't maximize damage for this particular fight? Things like that can make all the difference.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Neji View Post
    Elegon is only getting to 8 stacks of Draw Power which is 5% per stack.
    That is the underlying issue, but the spark stacking is 10% damage per Draw in Normal/Heroic. It is absolutely critical to get at least 4 sparks down for 5 stacks of Draw Power. Try very hard to push for 6 sparks on the first Draw Power cycle as that will help you conserve healer mana and your berserk timer.

If your affliction warlock is comfortable with speccing Mannoroth's Fury, she can time a Soulburn:Seed of Corruption to land on Elegon as the sparks come out. She may also want to ensure her hit is at least 12%; the sparks are only level 92.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

I agree completely I think maybe there was some tunnel vision happening, because one of our Tank even called out for Dps to switch back to Elegon and he kept repeating it making me think some were not.

6 seed of corruption hits from your warlock on charges not good. Seed of corruption is like no 1 dmg ability for charges. Seed spam with mannoroth's fury is the way to go. a frost DK should be on top for charge dmg not the bottom. Fix this you can do more stacks etc.

I will suggest that to my Lock Keldion, thank you! Also Neji I have asked everyone to triple check talents/rotations/stat priority/etc but I may have to go and thoroughly inspect each one myself to better assist them, and us in downing him, thank you very much!

Yea, this was a major wall for my group too. Took about 70 total tries to get it down. Getting at least 4 sparks down each phase is imperative.
    Some things to note:
    Range can stand on the very edge of the platform such that when they jump they will get out of the field for a moment then back in.
    When killing the pylons you can stand on the very edge of the platform, receive the buff and not fall down when the platform despawns. We had lots of wipes due to phase transition and those adds killing people.
    For P3 it might be worth it for everyone to stand in the center at a fixed spot and burn the boss down, letting the healers AOE heal.

Here's hoping we can pull off a kill this week as well.