Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Hey Alwayshealing,

I read your thread with quite some interest, since we'll be doing our first real attempts this thursday and this post has a lot of valuable information in it (thanks again to all the posters here).

Now I'm curious: Did you make it? Or did you manage to get some progress? Fingers crossed

greetz
    fiercon

Yeah I'm curious too.
    Say us how it was.

Elegon is kind of a bitch.

4 orbs is enough, tell your dps to kill 4 and then use the 5th wave to burn elegon (ignore obrs, everyone on boss).

Healers and tanks can help a little on the weakest dps on the 3th and 4th wave (1rst and 2nd shouldnt be a problem at all).

Your healers should be using concentration pot while the dps are burning the boss in the 5th wave, since there is 0 damage there.

Maybe put your best dps near a weak one so they can help after they kill theirs.

Try to kill all pylons near each other to reduce adds spawns.

Elegon for my guild was harder than will (20 something attempts for elegon, less than 10 for will), so dont feel bad at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Elegon for my guild was harder than will (20 something attempts for elegon, less than 10 for will), so dont feel bad at it.
    I think this is important, because it highlights the reward - killing Elegon means clearing the Mogu'shan Vault, pretty much. I think we wiped on Elegon about 9/10 times (a lot more for me in my previous guild), and Will of the Emperor only wiped us twice before we killed it.

Looking at their logs, they did indeed kill it.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...?s=7329&e=7833

Just got my coffee and sat down to update you all! We succeeded on our 6th attempt! Yay! Then when we got to Will we only got 4 attempts in before raid time ended but tonight Will dies I cannot thank you all enough!!! We were all so pleased and every tip helped us reach our goal!

Oh wow. Around 40k dps increase from their 4 lowest-performing dps'ers. Your guys really stepped up to the plate. Very impressive.

BIG Congrats to you and your guys! Will to improve is all that matters!

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats, it is really nice to see stuff like this

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Alwayshealing View Post
    Just got my coffee and sat down to update you all! We succeeded on our 6th attempt! Yay! Then when we got to Will we only got 4 attempts in before raid time ended but tonight Will dies I cannot thank you all enough!!! We were all so pleased and every tip helped us reach our goal!
    Shaman and mage both over 90k, way to improve themselves. Gratz to them and to you.
    Druid over 130k.

I'm guessing the 4th orbs had a lot to do too, but very well indeed.

Oh yes when we focused and burnt the 4th wave our attempts kept getting stronger! I am so pleased!

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 11:44 PM ----------

One last post here we just finished 6/6 MV YAY! We did it as a guild and everyone is so proud, we were a little late but hey we got it done Thanks again all!!!

Nice nice nice guys!

just by looking at your logs dps is the problem for sure in full blues my guild rouge was doing 110k on this fight with killing 4 orbs in 472 gear on my alt boomkin i almost do 150k. a way u can help with the dps is to have the melee kill the protector it tank it next to them and when its at 40% they swap to it and follow the add out while the range stays on boss this just means that rouges and stuff need to make sure to blade fury the add and dot classes can toss dots on it if there range

Alwayshealing - As everyone pointed out, the DPS is super low. Everyone should be at 80k plus. We use DPS cooldowns to help with the 4th and 5th waves of sparks (we kill 5 and ignore the 6th). Also, I solo the big adds as Affliction to 30% then I have the other ranged DPS help finish him off. This let's them tunnel the boss more and push P2 after 2 adds.

You should definitely go for 5-6 charges each time. Making sure people know how to brust is a huge thing.

Awesome!

Grats guys. First 2 bosses in HoF should fall over with a little practice. 3rd is a cock but thats a problem for another time

GL in HoF, enjoy the change of scenery. (And don't underestimate the trash up to the first boss there - face the mobs away from the raid or u'll gib them )

the mage rogue and shaman are all way below par.. most arcane mages would do atleast 100k on elegon..
    eleshamans im not sure proly 70-80k..
    and rogues maybe 60-75k..
    this is a really terrible fight for melee but they jus gotta be clever to avoid screwing over their dps.. the blood dk can spread pestilence to the adds through roiling blood and Bloodboil if he isnt already.. if hes lucky he might get all of em..

your mage needs some fight advice since hes using arcane explosion so much.. even for the adds its a pretty bad idea.. his blast and missile dps should be almost equal.. it seems like hes not camping at 6 and instead dropping with barrage.... which is quite odd since hes only used it 11 times in the 8 minute attempt... arcane isnt the greatest spec for elegon but with practice its still ok..

as for the others.. the hunter lock and druid dps are doing alrite.. u guys jus need more coordinated dps.

edit! jus saw u guys killed it.. well good... since its a huge improvement.