so, is ghostcrawler actually quitting soon?

if this happens, players should push over the statues of greg street at blizzard hq. much like the removal of saddam in iraq.

or is this just a rumor? im sure many paladins/locks would love to see this be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is just a ruomour, time to wake up from your dream.

What rumour do you base this assumption on?

In other words: Source please

Just a bad rumor.

Deleted
    There is no reason for him to quit. He is doing his job and he can't please everyone.

Why would he step down when: 1. the game is doing amazing 2. he's making PHAT STACKS 3. all the bullshit tweets are always taken out of context

"omg he s00kz so bad, but ill play his game forever anyway hehehe."

Well with the recent mage nerfs, its very likely. I see him ragequiting over mage nerfs.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

if i was GC i would never quite. to much fun seeing all those people raging on me:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Kid bad mouth me on forum, let me check account details....got the account, any associate accounts???? ... Good, now which one is his main.... Probably that one, raided the most with best progression..... now let the fun begin, let's nerf his class to hell....

At least if I am GC I would do that soooo badly.

if anything upsets me about him, it's his ego with some of the comments he makes.

granted, he takes a lot of shit. but you should have thick skin at a high level position.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    if anything upsets me about him, it's his ego with some of the comments he makes.

granted, he takes a lot of shit. but you should have thick skin at a high level position.
    Thick skin doesn't mean your jesus and offer the other cheek.

Well, if I had been the lead designer for the most popular MMO in history for the past 5 years, and apparently been successful enough at my job that I at the very least my bosses haven't fired me, but still had forum twerps telling me that they know how to design the game better than me and my team, I'd have very little patience with them too. He's a game designer, not a Saint.

Something I would love for them to do (if it were at all realistic for them to do so, which it never would be) is set up a secondary PTR where they implement all the changes players say they want done to the game without any thought to game balance or other consequences. Literally, if the community bitches, use this server to make shit happen. And nothing ever gets rolled back unless the community demands it to be. Let that run in constant development for a year so that people can see how bad Game-Design-By-Democracy actually would be.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2012-12-04 at 05:19 PM.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

He does have a lot of thick skin.

It seems the people he replies to, and other people who get offended by such replies, don't. That's the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Ghostcrawler! Without him i would still be addicted to WoW and would never leave my " dungeon " to face real society. What people don't understand is that Ghostcrawler came into this business so that he can help those that are using WoW as if it was crack. He purposely started making the game more casual so that we'd stop playing so much. It has worked for me and I thank my life to Ghostcrawler......
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't going anywhere, there's no real basis I can find for the rumor, and comparing GC to Saddam Hussein is not the way to start a thread in any case. Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."