Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

FPS 60/61 not more

Hi guys, what FPS do u have when u play?
    I see people over 100 FPS, my PC should allow more then 60 but even if I guess I removed the limit it doesn't go over, I guess I've seen it a couple of times at 61.

Got an I5 with 8GB ram and a 4700 nvidia if I'm not wrong.

Not sure, but I don't think your FPS really matters after you've reached a certain point.

Does it ever go lower than 60? Like in team fights etc, or does it just stick to 60? If it's the latter, then it probably means it's just not showing the excess FPS you've got going.

We can't tell the difference anything beyond 30fps anyway, so steady 30fps on maximum settings is more than good enough anyway.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    We can't tell the difference anything beyond 30fps anyway, so steady 30fps on maximum settings is more than good enough anyway.
    I'd argue we can. 60 FPS seems a lot smoother for our eyes than 30 does, so we can SEE a difference.

Deleted
    Ye I think our limit is not 30.

We can see ~ 60 FPS, anything over that is pretty much useless

OT: Do you have V-sync on? if so, that matches your FPS with your monitor's refresh rate. Turning that off will let your fps go over that mark.

There's something in the video settings that limits your fps to 60. I forget which setting it is, but if you turn it off, it will let your fps fly. I believe it's Vertical Sync?

Edit: Dude above me just mentioned the same thing i did. But yeah, when i have v sync on, it stays at 60. But when it's off, it goes really high.

Quote Originally Posted by resonance7982 View Post
    We can see ~ 60 FPS, anything over that is pretty much useless

OT: Do you have V-sync on? if so, that matches your FPS with your monitor's refresh rate. Turning that off will let your fps go over that mark.
    Yeah V-Sync is what is actually limiting you to go over 60 FPS but remember, as resonance mentioned it, it's linked to your monitor's refresh rate, so anything rendered at different rate than 60 fps will cause flickers on your screen. You can disable it in the video options. But to be honest, I don't have that incredible setup on my computer and manage to get over 250 fps even with max details on a 30" monitor, but I can't for the life of me support the flickering it causes on the screen.

We don't see in frame rates at all, that's not how the human eye works, so there is no definitive number of frames we can see or not see all that matters is the relative smoothness that you can perceive. Since few games have real smoothing or interlacing effects it's very easy for most people to tell the difference between 30 fps and 60 in a given game.

That said op, try disabling vertical sync either in game or in your video cards control panel

10+ Year Old Account
    What probably happened was that the patch deployed today messed with some settings and reset them to defaults or something.

As others said, try messing with v sync and see what happens.

Deleted
    Tnx 143 now, was the vsync...noob me, case closed

Deleted
    I very much doubt you even notice the difference between 143 or a constant 60-61. I still remember 1337 BoYZ in CS 1.6 brag they got like 180 fps etc, totally ignoring the fact it doesn't matter anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I very much doubt you even notice the difference between 143 or a constant 60-61. I still remember 1337 BoYZ in CS 1.6 brag they got like 180 fps etc, totally ignoring the fact it doesn't matter anyway.
    More updates creates a more even view. You will not be able to actively note the difference, but a much higher framerate is far more relaxing on the eyes. Mind you, I've no idea where it stops being discernable. I do know that 60 FPS is not the 'cut off' where you stop noticing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    More updates creates a more even view. You will not be able to actively note the difference, but a much higher framerate is far more relaxing on the eyes. Mind you, I've no idea where it stops being discernable. I do know that 60 FPS is not the 'cut off' where you stop noticing.
    you'll get some screen tearing if your monitor refresh rate is kinda low. It doesn't really bother me, but I know some people hate it.

im fucking mad .rage
    since this patch
    lol is showing me around 30 fps... i really dont give a fuck about fps so i just ignored it...
    everything okay... then i noticed in team fights lag lagg damm it and the fps drop very low....
    before the patch i was always at 60

For some reason, there's always a lot of random people getting FPS/lag issues after a patch... really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    This is false. It is an old argument, and the eye can detect over 30 fps. Everything flows better, and is much smoother. 30 fps difference is significant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damire View Post
    im fucking mad .rage
    since this patch
    lol is showing me around 30 fps... i really dont give a fuck about fps so i just ignored it...
    everything okay... then i noticed in team fights lag lagg damm it and the fps drop very low....
    before the patch i was always at 60
    In the video settings check to see if the frame cap got set low or something. I think one of the options for it is 30 fps, so it might have randomly done that.

10+ Year Old Account
    60 is the max you can properly see.
    Any more and your computer is good, but you won't detect anything greater.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?