Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Aspects are becoming obsolete...

So maybe they should just bake the damage modifier of AotH into a passive ability and revamp aspects entirely

for example a set of utility aspects like:
    Aspect of Nature (reduces all magical damage taken by 20%)
    Aspect of the Wild (increase chance to dodge physical attacks by 20%)
    Aspect of the Bloodthirsty (you and you pet are healed for 10% of all damage you do)
    Aspect of the Cheetah (increases your running speed by 30%)
    Aspect of the Pack (increases running speed of all party and raid member by 15%)
    Aspect of the Shark (increases swim speed by 60% and triples the length of time you can swim without drowing)
    Aspect of the Stalker (Camouflage is a true stealth, and has 10 second cooldown if used out of combat or a 1 minute cooldown if used in combat)
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-12-04 at 05:35 PM.

Deleted
    As cool as this whole idea sounds, the last thing I want right now are more buttons.

I don't think giving Hunters more abilities is a good idea at the moment. MOP already did a lot of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    i see too many options for aspect dancing?

what about more static aspects like mage armors? what would use suggest?

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting idea, but I think that most of us would figure out which one of those benefits us most and stay in that aside from Oh Shit moments. For example, if I can stay in an aspect that heals me and my pet then I'll probably stay in that vs switching to one that avoids a given damage type on most fights if survivability is an issue. IF it's not, then none of the aspects above matter too much - some are nice utility changes and would be fine, but.... eh.

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of stances/aspects unless they really are a choice. It seems like none are. DKs with their presences pick the one that's used for their role and stay in it. Shadow priests are always in Shadow. With Fox we had a reason for switching due to a situation but with that gone I'm not sure I see any real need for aspects. I wouldn't MIND any of the above... but utility aspects don't excite me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    the last thing I want right now are more buttons.
    This x1000.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    i see too many options for aspect dancing?

what about more static aspects like mage armors? what would use suggest?
    I would suggest removing aspects as a whole, and instead getting a new active ability called ''Aspect of the Pack''. Aspect of the Pack is exactly the same as a Druid's speed increasing roar.

I'm also all for a new glyph that heals our pet for a small percentage of our damage done. Some Hunters in Cataclysm actually used the 2 set tier 5 (I think it's tier 5) that heals out pets for 15% of the damage we do for soloing. So I'd say it's long overdue for us to get some sort of glyph or talent like that. The other suggestions you made are great and some look really fun to mess around with, but it's hard enough getting all the abilities and macros we need on our keybinds.

Deleted
    Please no more buttons, i dont even know if im playing my hunter or playing a piano anymore!

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i get it i get it

so is there any OTHER way to make aspect not meaningless and yet not have too many buttons?

I would suggest removing aspects as a whole, and instead getting a new active ability called ''Aspect of the Pack''. Aspect of the Pack is exactly the same as a Druid's speed increasing roar.

I'm also all for a new glyph that heals our pet for a small percentage of our damage done. Some Hunters in Cataclysm actually used the 2 set tier 5 (I think it's tier 5) that heals out pets for 15% of the damage we do for soloing. So I'd say it's long overdue for us to get some sort of glyph or talent like that. The other suggestions you made are great and some look really fun to mess around with, but it's hard enough getting all the abilities and macros we need on our keybinds.
    I would love this, we run with 2 druids usually in 25m and 3 hunters. Would help a lot on some bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    yeah i get it i get it

so is there any OTHER way to make aspect not meaningless and yet not have too many buttons?
    turn cheetah into Dash and Pack into Stampeding Roar, bake Aspect into the class. 1 less button and more utility.

If they chop our 12-14 button rotations in half, we can talk about more buttons.

SO MANY DAMAGE TALENTS FORCED INTO OUR ROTATIONS, WHY

As cool as this whole idea sounds, the last thing I want right now are more buttons.
    Right now? Try vanilla or TBC with ten million buttons. You've got it easy these days

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Right now? Try vanilla or TBC with ten million buttons. You've got it easy these days
    I seriously doubt that whatever rotaton vanilla hunters had could possibly be worse than what a BM hunter has to do today (while still getting outdpsed by easier classes with fewer buttons.)

Honestly, the sheer amount of abilities with short cooldowns shoved into the rotation, on top of several different cooldowns, on top of knowing when to Readiness them all properly and then working them in again, on top of managing to not overlap cooldowns like Rapid Fire and Bestial Wrath. . . It's just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    I don't think giving Hunters more abilities is a good idea at the moment. MOP already did a lot of that.
    I have to agree with this.

Pack could definitely be tweaked a bit: Especially with how useless it is right now.
    If Blizzard switched out the permanent speed boost increase and switched it to a burst boost that could be used without daze, that would be great.
    Last edited by Beebeey; 2012-12-04 at 08:51 PM.

Nonsense, the amount of hunter skills that's actually been removed that you would use in any combat situation can be counted on less than one hand while we've had dozens added. Playing a hunter has never been as button-heavy as it is now.

You never played vanilla or tbc did you?
    Vanilla was autoshot+aimed/multi rotation.
    TBC (later, don't remember the beginning atm) was BM with steady shot bound to your mousewheel basically.

Oh stop moaning about buttons and adapt. Get used to shift alt ctrl as modifiers.
    We do have tons of buttons, no other interface of my twinks looks as clogged up,
    But there arent that many rotational abilities, and you don't have to bind every situational spell/5min CD to a super easy keybind.

With the removal of fox the aspect choice is kind of booring, but who cares, they do give us some utility (both movements aspect get used regularly) but hey, do you see mistweaver monks complaining they have to always be in healstance and neer switch to melee dmg stance?
    We have our dmg aspect, use it, get used to it.

If thats your only problems you have with our class, we must be in a great state.

the biggest problem with aspects is that blizz made an aspect that increases damage, as soon as that happens, all other aspects become the wrong choice. the only way blizz could make aspects work is to remove the damage bonus of hawk and bake it into the hunter without the need for an aspect, then and only then could aspects work. so yes if they did do that i think more aspects/more choice could work, They could make aspect of the pack work like the boots speed enchant, where it increases the raid movement speed slightly (4-5%)
    Last edited by michelf; 2012-12-05 at 08:27 AM.

@michelf: you're exactly right. Aspect of the Hawk's damage bonus is a relic, left over from a time when there were actual choices with regards to stance that mattered. Monkey was for when you were getting melee'd. Wild was for AQ40 and Maraudon bosses. Cheetah and Pack were both around. There were times when you'd make the choice to give up damage for survivability. This is no longer the case.

I did like that the aspects offered something to the hunter, that his being one with nature had given him an edge in survivability, similar to druids, but not the same. It's a good concept, but it may not be suitable in the current gameplay environment with a truckload of cooldowns to manage, a fairly complex dps rotation, and the need to balance all abilities around both PVE and PVP.

@GrubJuice: I couldn't agree more with the need for an Aspect of the <Some kind of fish> to improve swim speed and underwater breathing. I also really like the idea of camouflage being an aspect so that you have make a conscious choice to give up damage or survivability to gain the ability to sneak around. My only issue with it is that it forces you to waste a gcd to re-aspect every time you break stealth which would get old real quick. I don't as much like the idea of separate aspects for melee and spell damage. A better solution would be to make a single survivability aspect that increases dodge/armor and spell resist at the same time. This bonus would be offset by the loss of the damage aspect so the choice would be a compelling one.

Aspect of the Hawk - +Damage
    Aspect of the Turtle/Bear - +Defense and Spell Resist (or simply 20% dmg reduction)
    Aspect of the Fish/Whale/Seal/Shark - Water Mobility
    Aspects of the Cheetah and Pack - Land Mobility
    Aspect of the Fox/Chameleon - Camouflage/Stealth

This would give 2 choices in combat so the thought process is simple but profound when you're focused on actual combat, and 4 choices out of combat when you have time to assess the situation and take advantage of some of the perks and skills of a true hunter. Just as a thought, I do not think you should be able to enter stealth in combat. This should be reserved for rogues.