Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Except there'd never be a case where you'd be in Aspect of the Turtle for any sustained period of time. You'd use it as a personal CD during big raid wide damage burst, and that's it. If you're in bleeding edge progression where there is constant, sustained raid-wide damage in large amounts, you'd still be in Hawk because when the choice comes down to "DPS the boss harder so he lives less time and let the healers heal through the damage" vs. "be less hard to heal but keep the boss alive longer" the former will always win, not only for you, but also (and this is the important part) for healers too, in terms of healing needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    turn cheetah into Dash and Pack into Stampeding Roar, bake Aspect into the class. 1 less button and more utility.
    This is great idea.

I will repeat what I have already posted, although it is not my idea (probably Rogerbrown? not sure):
    Make an "Aspect of Cleave" - focus costing abilities would hit additional nearby target (possibly the same rule as for Multi-Shot). There would have to be some tweaks to balance it (as in include Auto-attack, include pet melee/bite (so that BM benefits reasonably), include Wild Quiver (so that MM benefits reasonably).

I would love to have this kind of aspect because there would be an option and the choice would actually matter.
    Last edited by Deepfriedegg; 2012-12-05 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    that would be like Blade Flurry on combat rogues perhaps?

15+ Year Old Account
    I like how many QQ about "please no more buttons" but they weren't bothered when they started removing our Aspects to begin with.

Aspect of the Wild - Used to increase Nature Resistance (removed since we don't use Resistance anymore)
    Aspect of the Monkey - Used to increase Dodge% (Removed since we had to much dodge?)
    Aspect of the Beast - Used to make your character untrackable (only a Glyph now)
    Aspect of the Dragonhawk - Used to be Hawk + Monkey (Same reason as Monkey was removed)
    Aspect of the Viper - Used to give mana back on attack (removed since we don't use mana)

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I like how many QQ about "please no more buttons" but they weren't bothered when they started removing our Aspects to begin with.

Aspect of the Wild - Used to increase Nature Resistance (removed since we don't use Resistance anymore)
    Aspect of the Monkey - Used to increase Dodge% (Removed since we had to much dodge?)
    Aspect of the Beast - Used to make your character untrackable (only a Glyph now)
    Aspect of the Dragonhawk - Used to be Hawk + Monkey (Same reason as Monkey was removed)
    Aspect of the Viper - Used to give mana back on attack (removed since we don't use mana)
    Wasnt this at time BM "rotation" was Steady - Steady - Steady ....... in TBC or in LK when our rotation in SV and MM had four/five buttons? Compare it to today BM "rotation" that contains 10 buttons, excluding Rapid Fire, Readiness and Stampede.

Also you forgot that in Viper our damage was reduced by 50%
    Last edited by Deepfriedegg; 2012-12-05 at 03:27 PM.

Deleted
    I would like an ability similar to how blade flurry works for rogues, could be an aspect of the claw or something. To give us some proper cleaving-ability

I wouldn't mind if they used your option, OP. Especially since aspects are on their own separate bar, so it doesn't interfere with our action bars.

Also, people arguing that our buttons are fine solely on the basis that things used to be worse...yes, I remember. We used to have melee abilities. All of our tracking abilities were separate, and you actually needed to use them for damage. All of our aspects had to be put in our action bars. All of our traps HAD to take up separate slots. I remember all that. But even with those fixes, we still have too many buttons.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

I have to laugh over the idea that we lost Monkey from "too much dodge". We're the sole agility class to have a dodge depressant. Even with Monkey up, we came nowhere near a rogue or cat.

Monkey was replaced by Dragonhawk to address us being forced to aspect dance in pvp, which was much like Fox. Sit in Monkey until you get a good standstill period for Hawk, macro them to shots, ignore Hawk for Monkey's defenses, or take your chances and ignore Monkey. Not exactly deep decision making.

Then with focus, they also changed their minds about dancing and gave us Fox. "Those who do not learn from history..." applied and now they're admitting that Aspect design was never that great.

Vanilla PVE: Stay in Hawk, barring the odd Nature resist fight.
    Vanilla PVP: See what I said about Monkey. Dismiss pet and pop Beast to sneak around, but basically pointless.

BC PVE: See Vanilla, except that Viper was grudgingly used as little as possible. A ret pally who kept up Judgement of Wisdom was our best friend.
    BC PVP: See Vanilla.

Wrath PVE/PVP: See BC, except replace Hawk with Dragonhawk. Due to Dragonhawk being two aspects in one, Viper was avoided at all costs. If you had a competent ret pally in raid, you were unstoppable. If not, prepare to suck.

Cata: Yay focus, no more being chained to rets! Trololol, Fox at 83. Welcome back, aspect dancing.

Deleted
    They should do something like :

Aspect of the Ironhawk : Should be default and not only optional through talents, spriests have it, so should we.
    Aspect of the Amphibian : Adjust your speed according to the type of terrain you are in. Aka speed % on mount, swimming, running.
    Aspect of the Herd : Increases movement speed for your entire raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Right now? Try vanilla or TBC with ten million buttons. You've got it easy these days
    ya, but no. rotations for hunters back in the day had roughly 5-6 less abilities to deal with in a normal rotation. the big diff between now and then were the changes to auto shot clipping/ the need to learn how to 'jump shoot'/ pet feeding and happiness maintenance/actually having to ever leave dps aspect. these were skills in game play that had nothing to do with more buttons. todays game is far, far, far less game play skill and more about maintaining a perfect dmg rotation with your 15 button dps set-up (for bm anyway). which is really easy to do now that they have completely taken the movement skills away from the class as well.

i would prolly say hunters and warriors have been dumbed down more then any other classes as far as actual skilled required to do well tbh.

aspects will be removed from game by 6.0. the current aspects will just turn into either permanent buffs or abilites. if anything, i want viper aspect back in some form of ability. i miss my mana drain
    Last edited by Djaye; 2012-12-06 at 08:59 AM.

Didn't even notice this post and made one about thoughts on bringing back arrow buffs from beta to completely replace aspects.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...sting-and-help

the shot weaving that hunters had to do in vanilla is something only a handful of hunter playing now could still do. Barrage is a good example of how people don't get it, they think you "lose" auto shots when you simply pause it so if you cause right after an auto shot you lose almost 0 auto shot damage, cast it right before one and you do lose an auto shot. Old hunters pay attention to their auto shot timer out of habit.

If they brought shot weaving back hunters would either be down with healers in damage or number 1 in damage, thats how big the sill gap would be. Its funny how people claim their class takes "skill" they never played the game when skill was far greater then gear unlike now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    As a Hunter myself I'm very disappointed that so many Aspects were removed, and even that you have to use a Glyph to get Aspect of the Beast.
    I want my Aspects back, perhaps a few more added and made improvements on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KenjiNitari View Post
    As a Hunter myself I'm very disappointed that so many Aspects were removed, and even that you have to use a Glyph to get Aspect of the Beast.
    I want my Aspects back, perhaps a few more added and made improvements on them.
    When have you ever used aspect of the beast though? It was more useful when it increased pet damage.

In pvp. So your not detectable by "track humans" that hunters and druids can.
    Has always been a niche ability