[Frost] At what point should a frost mage drop haste rating to get the 25% crit cap?

So I am a bit perplexed as to when i should drop some of the haste i have on my gear to achieve the 25% crit cap. I currently have around 30.5% haste full raid buffs.

Here is a link to my armory. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...illitta/simple

My gear isnt the best as I have yet to have gotten any gear in a real 25/10 man raid. All my gear has come from LFR and BOE and valor and quests.

Any help on this would be appreciated
    Thanks!

General consensus is no, Haste is still more valuable than a 100% crit rate.
    Also on that note, the cap is 28% rather than 25% due to boss crit suppression.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Imnick is rather correct.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Thanks, for some reason i forgot about boss crit suppression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Just because it's the "general consensus" doesn't mean its the only option. I've said several times that crit cap(28%)>haste can be very close or even better depending on your gear. If you just want a simple answer though just stick to haste>crit cap.
    Last edited by jtmzac; 2012-12-05 at 03:35 AM.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Just because it's the "general consensus" doesn't mean its the only option. I've said several time that crit cap(28%)>haste can be very close or even better depending on your gear. If you just want a simple answer though just stick to haste>crit cap.
    That's why I said "general consensus", rather than "the only option".

Deleted
    There's a lot of way to obtain the 28% crit cap: with Blossom of Pure Snow trinket, by example.

The way the glyph of Icy Veins work make less important to be crit capped on proc. Each of the 3 mini-bolt have a chance to crit. It's reduce RNG by 3 because a no crit FFB have more impact than 1 no crit mini-FFB and 2 crit FFB.

I think that crit capping will no be a question for long. Intellect is one of our first crit provider and it keep accumulate with better gear. On normal T15, we will be near it even if we reforge full haste, if Blizzard make no change before it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    ....haste can be very close or even better depending on your gear...
    And thats the point. It depends heavily on your gear. In maybe 90% of all cases haste is better. The last 10% have to go through simcraft or other tools, or just test it. If the question is in general then the answer should be general. And the general answer ist haste.
    (The number are only a guidance not set in stone!)

It depends soley on your gear, and more specifically your stat weights, you should run sims for intellect, haste and crit with simulation craft to determine which is more valuable as an invididual statistic at this current moment in time, getting one new item can be the difference between gemming int + crit or int + haste for example.